[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

AMD,

Great ROM, worth the wait. I have two small problems though;

1. TouchPlayer will not play .avi files, it didi with your DC23 Sense ROM.

2. Tapping a video file in File Explorer, opens Windows Media rather then Touch Player.

3. Is there a way to get dialing to work in Sensed if you are not using the HTC Phone Canvas?

Thanks again for all trhe hard work, I think as a community we all appreciate the tremendous fruits of your labor.

Guest amdzero
AMD,

2. Tapping a video file in File Explorer, opens Windows Media rather then Touch Player.

3. Is there a way to get dialing to work in Sensed if you are not using the HTC Phone Canvas?

Thanks again for all trhe hard work, I think as a community we all appreciate the tremendous fruits of your labor.

1. This probably has to do with HTC Sense Album. I'll look at the registry entries.

2. See 1.

3. I don't think so but again, I'll look. Did it work with other version of Sense?

Guest amdzero

Well I have to say, 6.5 is running pretty smooth. Dare I say faster than 6.5.5? I'm not sure but it runs well except for a few nuances.

Email doesn't work (not sure why yet)

Color problem with bottom bar

Batt clock/no system clock

Should have a 21916 release here soon.

If not for xlightwaverx pointing to Wes Romtool MANUAL, I'd probably have to duplicate a lot of work. Now I can just put in a new sys/xip and have romtool port it for me.

It actually works well now, thanks xlightwaverx!

Guest haveitnow
AMD,

Ditto on 1 & 2. These are the only two real issues i've seen so far.

Guest dumfone

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Thank You for creating Amd for without him we would not have this new ROM I will also be thanking you before I eat turkey this week.

Ok, I did get the files combined it was a simple rename error done by muah.

The annoyances, not much and after reading back over post 5 you already pointed out that a lot of settings did not work so I am assuming that is why i get a cert error when I click on some.?

Only one serious concern. I have flashed both my wife and myselfs phone,I have been unsuccessul

at having the back lite to shut off to lock screen automatically. Neither batt. settings work and I did not see any settings for S2U2 which is a simple fix but before I waste memory is there something I am not seeing?

Moment this booted and had my city and weather instantly I was in love! So many hidden treasures, which is the best part of phones to me; when you learn how to use it. This is a fresh breath of air for the I920 VZW would be pissed if they knew you gave me a reason to hold on to it a little longer:p wrote this via mobile so....forgive my gammer

1. This probably has to do with HTC Sense Album. I'll look at the registry entries.

2. See 1.

3. I don't think so but again, I'll look. Did it work with other version of Sense?

No it did not. Once I moved from the HTC Canvas to the WinMo dialer, I could no longer dial my taping a contact on the contacts page.

Items 1 and 2 did work in the DC23 Sense ROM.

B) Thanks....

Well I have to say, 6.5 is running pretty smooth. Dare I say faster than 6.5.5? I'm not sure but it runs well except for a few nuances.

Email doesn't work (not sure why yet)

Color problem with bottom bar

Batt clock/no system clock

Should have a 21916 release here soon.

If not for xlightwaverx pointing to Wes Romtool MANUAL, I'd probably have to duplicate a lot of work. Now I can just put in a new sys/xip and have romtool port it for me.

It actually works well now, thanks xlightwaverx!

I would think so. I don't know what they changed in DG21 vs. previous builds, but it was noticeably improved. Would have been a great stock rom if they didn't have all that damn bloat on it.

Looking forward to trying out sense again. I know there's only so much that can be done about the ram issue. Thanks again for the effort.

Guest amdzero
Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Thank You for creating Amd for without him we would not have this new ROM I will also be thanking you before I eat turkey this week.

Ok, I did get the files combined it was a simple rename error done by muah.

The annoyances, not much and after reading back over post 5 you already pointed out that a lot of settings did not work so I am assuming that is why i get a cert error when I click on some.?

Only one serious concern. I have flashed both my wife and myselfs phone,I have been unsuccessul

at having the back lite to shut off to lock screen automatically. Neither batt. settings work and I did not see any settings for S2U2 which is a simple fix but before I waste memory is there something I am not seeing?

Moment this booted and had my city and weather instantly I was in love! So many hidden treasures, which is the best part of phones to me; when you learn how to use it. This is a fresh breath of air for the I920 VZW would be pissed if they knew you gave me a reason to hold on to it a little longer:p wrote this via mobile so....forgive my gammer

Ur funny.

Anyway to answer some of your concerns...

Yes there are some settings that won't work. Actually I wasn't planning on using the settings tab, as I created a slim version for my beta testers without it. Then after I realized no extra ram was gained from doing this I put it back in. I'll see if I can cab up something to fix the HTC settings tab.

The lockscene (spelled correctly) you are currently using is built into windows. I just changed the graphics a little. S2U2 is NOT in this rom at all, so there are no settings for it. I have a cab you can use. I didn't cook it in because some ppl complained about it.

Also if you want to continue using the default lockscene, instead of S2U2 lockscreen, then use this program to set it up:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

If you want my flavor of S2U2 here ya go:

AMDZERO_s2u2_2_43.cab

Guest dumfone
Ur funny.

Anyway to answer some of your concerns...

Yes there are some settings that won't work. Actually I wasn't planning on using the settings tab, as I created a slim version for my beta testers without it. Then after I realized no extra ram was gained from doing this I put it back in. I'll see if I can cab up something to fix the HTC settings tab.

The lockscene (spelled correctly) you are currently using is built into windows. I just changed the graphics a little. S2U2 is NOT in this rom at all, so there are no settings for it. I have a cab you can use. I didn't cook it in because some ppl complained about it.

Also if you want to continue using the default lockscene, instead of S2U2 lockscreen, then use this program to set it up:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505032

If you want my flavor of S2U2 here ya go:

AMDZERO_s2u2_2_43.cab

Great, thanks! Yea I was assuming that's what my issue was, just wanted to double check. There are no settings that I need that are unavailable, there are some though that I have no idea what they are for. What is "uploaded" folder? Is it functional?

I did find one issue that I have come across before, I think in VZW cert. roms also. When I go into phone settings (winmo) say I am changing my gps config. once I get in I can not get out! lol! What is that about? someone else has had to of experienced it before.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS "SENCITY" http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=728408 (caps means i really wrote all this to show you this) I have this running right now. Phone is slow as hell but I thought I saw someone posting about CHT earlier and that has been running fine., so maybe useles info or maybe great info if you wanna work with it. Developer says have at it.

Guest mikee4fun

Amd wanted to let you know the only issues I have come across is assigning the buttons anything other then what default values it has. If I try to change them nothing happens and all I get it the comm manager launching. It also breaks the phone dialer from launching from the send key. If I put the button settings back to "HOME" and force the window closed I get the send key to work with launching the dialer. I also noticed Microsoft Voice Command was in the settings page on flash and when attempting to launch via bluetooth earpiece it would launch the comm manager as well. I just cabbed up a new Microsoft Voice command and that fixed the issue with the comm manager launching. I thought in your post you said you pulled out voice command but for some reason it was still in rom. Just wanted to let you know. Lastly is there anyway to get the stocks tab back in? That is all I need and this rom is the best EVER!

Thanks for your awesome work,

Mikee

Edited by mikee4fun

Guest snapz54

I'd like to second the sencity request. It's very clean, but you need to ask the authors permission to cook it in. It's a fine work though.

I was posting to ask you a question amd,

I was wondering why there are sometimes extra sub menus when adding quicklinks and sometimes not? The ones that allow you to restart sense, as well as default toggle switches for wifi, bluetooth, etc. Is there a way to enable this feature?

Guest haveitnow

So I got a question:

trying to get tethering to work and while it does work with my laptop, how do i configure it to not have the WEP key you have there by default. Also is this using WMWifiRouter behind the scenes?

Guest tedkord
I'd like to second the sencity request. It's very clean, but you need to ask the authors permission to cook it in. It's a fine work though.

From the author's Sencity thread on XDA - If you want to cook a .sencity ROM you don't need to ask for my permission. If you want tweak the hell out of it but remember to give me proper credit and a link back to this thread. I would also appreciate adding my "donate" button to your ROMs thread (but it's not required).

Guest mikee4fun
Does the facebook album work for anyone? When I click to see a contacts facebook album nothing happens, wondering if it was just me or everyone

No it does not work

Guest brainstorm03

Weird issue I'm having, not sure if anyone will be able to help. I use the Directv mobile app for the Sunday Ticket NFL games, and with this rom it refuses to let me log in, just stays at the login screen. It worked fine on the base rom before. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Guest snapz54
Weird issue I'm having, not sure if anyone will be able to help. I use the Directv mobile app for the Sunday Ticket NFL games, and with this rom it refuses to let me log in, just stays at the login screen. It worked fine on the base rom before. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

solar flares

Guest amdzero
Voice Command Installs but will not open says not signed?

Any help appreciated.

Norm883

voice command is already installed. I just don't have a shortcut to it. go into windows and find voicecmd.exe

Should be working fine. As for the nuance voicerecognition.exe that is 3rd party that was original to i920 stock rom.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I would consider using another theme if ppl really want it. A while back I was going to do a GTX theme, but that stoopid HTC Messaging crap gave me a run for my money.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Direct TV app?? no idea, got a screenshot or a .cab I can test?

Guest dumfone
No it does not work

works for me? first attempt gave new an error but worked anyway.I also get one when I try to authorize but my fb acct. says its good to go and transfered contact s

Guest the sandman
works for me? first attempt gave new an error but worked anyway.I also get one when I try to authorize but my fb acct. says its good to go and transfered contact s

for me when i click to view a contacts facebook album, up top it says "Album" as if it were trying to load an app but then it goes away after a half a second and nothing happens

Edited by the sandman

Guest brainstorm03

I can try and get a screenshot of the Directv app. I attached the cab here but without a Directv account it might not be of much help. I love the rom and don't want to go back but this is an app I use regularly during football season(not to mention I already paid for it!) and it not working is enough for me to need to switch back. Any help is appreciated.

wmsup.cab

Guest tedkord

Well, after a hard reset, the unhandled exception error is gone. Internet Explorer still only shows squares instead of text, and Touch Player doesn't play xvid encoded .avi's (that's all I encode with, so not sure about other vid files.)

Also, I noticed this time that when I try to remove a program link from sense home screen, the bar up top that used to tell me to flip the icon away to delete it now only shows squares, like IE.

The youtube app locks up the phone every time I try it, needing a battery pull. Usually it loops whatever the last sound from the video was endlessely, and the screen goes blank.

All in all, this is my favorite rom so far, despite these hiccups. Sense is so much smoother than it was on the last sense roms. The full messaging integration is great. This is a huge accomplishment.

Guest amdzero
also looks like touch player won't play aac. just keeps spitting static. Plays mp3 just fine.

I have confirmed that DSHOW, a sense package, has dorked up the touchplayer settings. I'm now trying to fix the registry to re-enable touchplayer as the default. It'll be trial and error until I can get it right.

Regarding the boxes instead of text, can you post a screenshot so I know what I'm working with?