[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
Found it, I think. QuickShutdown is the culprit. Went back to Slide2Shutdown after a hard reset, and I seem to be golden.

I had to install each app one at a time, with a soft reset in between, and a check of IE. It went to squares right after installing QuickShutdown. No idea why, but it works now. Never had any issue with any other rom.

Anyway, me happy now!

Let this be a warning to others, XDA_UC runs silently in the background, so if you don't want stuff installed, removed XDA_UC folders from "My Storage" and "Storage Card".

I'm glad you found the culprit!

Guest tedkord
Let this be a warning to others, XDA_UC runs silently in the background, so if you don't want stuff installed, removed XDA_UC folders from "My Storage" and "Storage Card".

I'm glad you found the culprit!

That's true, but I wasn't using XDA-UC. I never use it, because then I have to make sure of what's already installed on the ROM and remove it. The problem was, just installing it didn't seem to be the problem. It didn't happen until after I used QuickShutdown to soft reset. That's why it kept happening at diferent times in the install process. I didn't always reset using it, lots of times I just shutdown and restarted.

Anyway, I'm very happy now. I love this ROM, and it would have killed me to have to give it up. Thanks again, AMD.

Guest the sandman
How come texting is sooo slow? It takes 20 seconds after I Swype my text to appear on the text field.

For some reason typing a text with swipe is slow to respond, but using any other keyboard it comes up instantly. The reason swipe is slow is cuz it waits for all the messages in the conversation to load until it starts appearing, don't know why it does that

Guest rolobolas
For some reason typing a text with swipe is slow to respond, but using any other keyboard it comes up instantly. The reason swipe is slow is cuz it waits for all the messages in the conversation to load until it starts appearing, don't know why it does that

I don't like swipe, is there any way to remove it or make the

Samsung keyboard the default one?

Thanks

Guest sh0rtyb
I don't like swipe, is there any way to remove it or make the

Samsung keyboard the default one?

Thanks

I believe you can use Advanced config to do this if it wont stick by doing it through phone settings. dont quote me on that, but swype kicks butt!

IDK how so many people dont adapt to it. I know its a pain at first I used to use SlideIt on my i910 but man swype really has it down. plus the keyboard works just fine without the swype to touch enabled.

Guest rolobolas
I believe you can use Advanced config to do this if it wont stick by doing it through phone settings. dont quote me on that, but swype kicks butt!

IDK how so many people dont adapt to it. I know its a pain at first I used to use SlideIt on my i910 but man swype really has it down. plus the keyboard works just fine without the swype to touch enabled.

Thank you, I'll try it, as the matter of fact I installed "Advance Configuration" last night.

I totally agree with you on Swype, it is a great keyboard but I can't get used to it, I also like the key popping up bigger when you press it using the Samsung keypad.

Thanks again for your help

Edited by rolobolas

Guest Bryan W.

Would it be possible to have any of these cabs / fixes be linked (or something) in the post of the Sense rom? Right now its harder for me to find these updates because they're all mixed around the thread.

Thank you for all this AMDZero!

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest rolobolas

AMD, I have a quick question on the power on, power off sounds. I like them but because I am always flashing Roms at night, my wife will divorce me if I can't disable them. Please help, I've been married for 38 years but I am not going to stop having fun installing, uninstalling and flashing your new Roms. I am currently using the Zero Stock. Please help.

Thank you :P

Guest nvrmind
AMD, I have a quick question on the power on, power off sounds. I like them but because I am always flashing Roms at night, my wife will divorce me if I can't disable them. Please help, I've been married for 38 years but I am not going to stop having fun installing, uninstalling and flashing your new Roms. I am currently using the Zero Stock. Please help.

Thank you :P

If you mute the phone before restarting, the startup and shutdown sounds are muted, as well. Doesn't help on the initial startup, but when restarting again and again for installations and stuff it works wonders... doesn't help with screen brightness, though (that always bothers my wife).

Guest rolobolas
If you mute the phone before restarting, the startup and shutdown sounds are muted, as well. Doesn't help on the initial startup, but when restarting again and again for installations and stuff it works wonders... doesn't help with screen brightness, though (that always bothers my wife).

It worked, thank you, you just save my marriage. :P

Well, on the other hand I will crank up the volume, connect the power speakers and set the brightness to maximum. I will divorce my wife and get a younger one so I don't have to spend so much time with the darn phone. :D

Thanks again. :D

Guest snapz54

Is there really still no way to cook a portrait orientation lock into roms? STUPID OMNIA 2, i said it. I miss sooooo much being able to asign orientation to a hardware key. Your sense theme is great, the only problems I get arise from the fuckiing screen spininng itself into a circle until it distorts and freezes. i soft reset three times a day and miss calls constantly. pulling. my. hair. out.

Guest amdzero
Is there really still no way to cook a portrait orientation lock into roms? STUPID OMNIA 2, i said it. I miss sooooo much being able to asign orientation to a hardware key. Your sense theme is great, the only problems I get arise from the fuckiing screen spininng itself into a circle until it distorts and freezes. i soft reset three times a day and miss calls constantly. pulling. my. hair. out.

okay i hear 2 things. one, you want a rom that cannot rotate. two, you want to map a rotation to a hardware button.

oh and i guess you hate your omnia 2 as well.

well here is the deal,i can remove rotation from a rom, but the camera doesn't display properly.

Oh and btw, guess who picked up a samsung fascinate on black friday for free.

THIS GUY!

Edited by amdzero

Guest nvrmind

That's weird, mine only changes when certain apps are open, for instance, it will change inside messaging and touch player, but only in one direction and if you minimize or exit, it changes back to portrait. Opera Mobile 10 makes everything change when it's running and minimized (haven't figured out how to stop that other than exiting opera, of course, it's really annoying).

Remove orientation detection from startup to disable auto-rotation (works for everything except opera since that has it's own rotation detection built-in). Use SKtools to assign rotate display to a hardware button. I use the shield button myself. Works perfectly fine.

Guest tedkord
Oh and btw, guess who picked up a samsung fascinate on black friday for free.

THIS GUY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My wife and daughter each activated their new Droid2 today. I'm holding off until 1st quarter 2011, looking for dual core lovin' with maybe a dash of LTE. The promo Verizon gave me made it free for data! I'm paying the same per month for 3 smarthpones with unlimited data as I used to for 1 smartphone with unlimited data and two dumbphones with no data. Same minutes/unlimited texting/etc...)

Edited by tedkord

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My wife and daughter each activated their new Droid2 today. I'm holding off until 1st quarter 2011, looking for dual core lovin' with maybe a dash of LTE. The promo Verizon gave me made it free for data! I'm paying the same per month for 3 smarthpones with unlimited data as I used to for 1 smartphone with unlimited data and two dumbphones with no data. Same minutes/unlimited texting/etc...)

I've been with Verizon for 12+ years (When they were airtouch wireless) and they wont give me any kind of deal like that!! well... they DID let me fully upgrade my phone 9 months into the contract few times...

Guest tedkord
How did you get it free @ AMD? Reviews?

It's not free, but it comes to the same as I was paying before. It's a promo sent out to some customers - probably based on how long you've been a customer, if you've a;ways paid on time, and how close you are to contract end - and how likely you are to move to another carrier. (But those are just my guesses)

Anyway, here's a copy of the mailer.

post-497392-1291288483_thumb.jpg

Guest chrisquinn_99

I finally made the jump and flashed zerosense to my i920. I'm not sure why I waited so long. I used to flash my Imagio before I exchanged it for the Omnia 2. Awesome Rom!

(Hopefully) Quick question about the lockscreen: When I hit the side lock button it turns the screen off and disables all the buttons except the lock button, but so far it has not enabled the windows or samsung lock screen. From the Windows Start menu, I can hit the lock icon and it will lock the phone. I was hoping that the side button could be made to call the windows lock screen. I read through the forum and noticed a few other lockscene questions.

Is the lock button supposed to make the windows lock screen come up? Or is my phone acting normally. I know I can download the Samsung lockscreen that was removed and is cab'ed up, but what other options do I have?

Thanks!

Chris

Guest amdzero
I finally made the jump and flashed zerosense to my i920. I'm not sure why I waited so long. I used to flash my Imagio before I exchanged it for the Omnia 2. Awesome Rom!

(Hopefully) Quick question about the lockscreen: When I hit the side lock button it turns the screen off and disables all the buttons except the lock button, but so far it has not enabled the windows or samsung lock screen. From the Windows Start menu, I can hit the lock icon and it will lock the phone. I was hoping that the side button could be made to call the windows lock screen. I read through the forum and noticed a few other lockscene questions.

Is the lock button supposed to make the windows lock screen come up? Or is my phone acting normally. I know I can download the Samsung lockscreen that was removed and is cab'ed up, but what other options do I have?

Thanks!

Chris

Okay so here is the deal, samsung in their INFINITE wisdom has decided to hard code the buttons on the device. What that means is that the lock button on the side of the phone is set to turn off the device. If you HOLD the lock button down, it tries to launch Lockscreen.exe (which is just a launcher to play lockscreen.swf)

So the default windows lockscene (spelled correctly) is a .cpr file (really just a .xml file renamed) that I have modified to display a more sense friendly clock.

I did not set it to lock on standby, nor after screen time out. I don't have the registry settings for it, and I got tired of trying to get it to produce that result. So if you want that "feature" you could d/l a windows lock program, rename it lockscreen.exe and have that load the windows mobile default lock. Or you could go over to xda and search for smartlock. That program will install a setting in (you guessed it) settings->system so you can change the (you guessed it) settings for the lockscene (spelled correctly).

If all that gives you a headache I suggest you go get S2U2. I love this program and almost always install it (after I use a rom for more than 24 hours LOL).

I uploaded my AMDZero S2U2 flavor with the sense clock somewhere.

All of this has been discussed before, but I'm happy to explain again.

================================

For those who were wondering the Samsung Fascinate is pretty damn awesome. I've rooted and flashed a custom rom on it within 4 hours of activation. So I guess I really am a flashaholic now LOL. I'll post my findings at another date, as I'm still playing with it. There are some things I miss about Windows Mobile, but the email allow is enough for me to switch to Android.

HAPPY FLASHING!

Guest chrisquinn_99
Okay so here is the deal, samsung in their INFINITE wisdom has decided to hard code the buttons on the device. What that means is that the lock button on the side of the phone is set to turn off the device. If you HOLD the lock button down, it tries to launch Lockscreen.exe (which is just a launcher to play lockscreen.swf)

So the default windows lockscene (spelled correctly) is a .cpr file (really just a .xml file renamed) that I have modified to display a more sense friendly clock.

I did not set it to lock on standby, nor after screen time out. I don't have the registry settings for it, and I got tired of trying to get it to produce that result. So if you want that "feature" you could d/l a windows lock program, rename it lockscreen.exe and have that load the windows mobile default lock. Or you could go over to xda and search for smartlock. That program will install a setting in (you guessed it) settings->system so you can change the (you guessed it) settings for the lockscene (spelled correctly).

If all that gives you a headache I suggest you go get S2U2. I love this program and almost always install it (after I use a rom for more than 24 hours LOL).

I uploaded my AMDZero S2U2 flavor with the sense clock somewhere.

All of this has been discussed before, but I'm happy to explain again.

================================

For those who were wondering the Samsung Fascinate is pretty damn awesome. I've rooted and flashed a custom rom on it within 4 hours of activation. So I guess I really am a flashaholic now LOL. I'll post my findings at another date, as I'm still playing with it. There are some things I miss about Windows Mobile, but the email allow is enough for me to switch to Android.

HAPPY FLASHING!

Thanks! I'd read all the bits and pieces when I read the whole forum last night, but it is extremely helpful to have it laid out all in one place. I really appreciate it. It does make my head hurt. I guess I will have to try S2U2 again. I think i tried it a looong time ago and didn't like it, but i'm sure it's changed since then.

I also found another program that solved my problem, which still uses the built-in windows lock-screen. You've probably hear of it, it's called device lock and I got it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 .

Thanks for your help, and great job on the ROMs!

Guest alan112
ZeroStock Rom

Comments:

This rom is what I think samsung SHOULD HAVE released from the get to. It has Windows Mobile 6.5.5 and DG21 update (yes widgets are working) with most samsung software intact, even has the jInbox messaging added to it. Its as close to stock as I want to make it, no major branding my be, there IS the load screen from my Base rom but that justs adds flair and REMOVES the VZW load screen animation. Try it out you may just like it.

Current Issues:

None that I am aware of. Post 'em and I'll fix 'em.

Whats In:

i8000 Touch Player with db editor

jInbox

Titanium with splugins

Custom Boot animation

Dialer Switcher

Crayon Physics

Asphalt 4

Midomi

OpenGLESv1 (Thanks GinKage, Chainfire, NuShrike!)

Removed:

VZW Bloatware

Opera 9.5

etc.

Download Links:

ZeroStock Rom DG21 Version 1.2

post-463858-1285960586_thumb.pngpost-463858-1285960592_thumb.png post-463858-1285960599_thumb.png

Hey AMDZero I finally flashed my i920 with your zero stock Rom and I love it, great work seriously... The free program memory really hasn't changed much but the phone works probably 20 times faster, I was ready to get rid of it because of all the wait time when I tried starting any program, so you have just saved me the aggravation of spending cash I don't have on a new device. I haven't seen many others that have tried this one out and the only problem I have found with it and its an odd one is that after the flash I no longer get new Voicemail notifications. I reflashed back to DG21 completely erasing everything for a fresh intstall then flashed your ROM after that and still not notification. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.. Other than that I am completely happy with the phone again, thank you again incredible job.