[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest dumfone
Hey AMDZero I finally flashed my i920 with your zero stock Rom and I love it, great work seriously... The free program memory really hasn't changed much but the phone works probably 20 times faster, I was ready to get rid of it because of all the wait time when I tried starting any program, so you have just saved me the aggravation of spending cash I don't have on a new device. I haven't seen many others that have tried this one out and the only problem I have found with it and its an odd one is that after the flash I no longer get new Voicemail notifications. I reflashed back to DG21 completely erasing everything for a fresh intstall then flashed your ROM after that and still not notification. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.. Other than that I am completely happy with the phone again, thank you again incredible job.

I am having same issue with v.mail although I use visual v.mail so I get an sms with strange ip information every time, this usually happens when I dont have visual installed. On another note, Swype users., I have found two solutions too the delay issues. I went into Resco contact sms and the issue was gone (one solution) I installed Ninjas WM7 swype skin and the issue is gone. (two solutions). So by the power of deduction I am guessing this is a registry issue. Since I am entirely too lazy to figure this one out ladies, the above solutions are enough for me. It appears there are probably many fixes along the same line for this.

Guest the sandman
I am having same issue with v.mail although I use visual v.mail so I get an sms with strange ip information every time, this usually happens when I dont have visual installed. On another note, Swype users., I have found two solutions too the delay issues. I went into Resco contact sms and the issue was gone (one solution) I installed Ninjas WM7 swype skin and the issue is gone. (two solutions). So by the power of deduction I am guessing this is a registry issue. Since I am entirely too lazy to figure this one out ladies, the above solutions are enough for me. It appears there are probably many fixes along the same line for this.

I tried installing Ninjas WM7 swype skin but that didnt work for me i still get the delay

I noticed that LED notification doesnt work for me for SMS/MMS, when i try to enable it in the settings menu its grayed out and i cant click on it. Any one else experience this?

Guest tedkord

AMD,

I'm still loving the latest Sense ROM. I just sent you a donation for the beverage of your choice. Sadly, it looks as though it's not only a thank you drink, but a goodbye drink as you head off into AndroidLand. You will be missed, but you went out on a high note with your latest efforts. Thanks again.

Be sure to stop back from time time and update us on your feelings about the Fascinate. Looks like a killer phone, but I'm a bit wary of Samsung products after the Omnias. Updates are way too few and far between (will froyo ever arrive?) and they seem to cheap out on too many things (such as less ram, not true ddr ram)

Edited by tedkord

Guest rolobolas
AMD,

I'm still loving the latest Sense ROM. I just sent you a donation for the beverage of your choice. Sadly, it looks as though it's not only a thank you drink, but a goodbye drink as you head off into AndroidLand. You will be missed, but you went out on a high note with your latest efforts. Thanks again.

Be sure to stop back from time time and update us on your feelings about the Fascinate. Looks like a killer phone, but I'm a bit wary of Samsung products after the Omnias. Updates are way too few and far between (will froyo ever arrive?) and they seem to cheap out on too many things (such as less ram, not true ddr ram)

What?

Who is going and where?

AMD is leaving?

Guest tedkord
What?

Who is going and where?

AMD is leaving?

He hasn't come right out and said he's leaving, but he's picked up a Samsung Fascinate, and really likes it. So I imagine his efforts from here on will center on that phone and android development (my guess). Besides, WinMo 6.5 builds have died off, and how much more could he (or any of the other great chefs) do with this flawed device?

Edited by tedkord

Guest Bryan W.
He hasn't come right out and said he's leaving, but he's picked up a Samsung Fascinate, and really likes it. So I imagine his efforts from here on will center on that phone and android development (my guess). Besides, WinMo 6.5 builds have died off, and how much more could he (or any of the other great chefs) do with this flawed device?

Its kind of the destiny of any gageteer to move on to his next adventure.

Just makes me sad as I have to stay and make due with what I've got!

Guest amdzero

I haven't left for good. I'm still around, but I AM loving the android OS. I may even plan on a non phone edition in the future. After all the Omnia 2 is an excellent device, especially for multi media.

Man one thing I DO miss about the omnia 2 is the speakers. Man they are fantastic! The fascinate is just too low (and not stereo). I plan on making a new post with my experiences using android, but I wanted to post here, to let others know I'm not completely gone yet. If you need help and I have time I'll try my best.

If there are future chefs who need help or guidance just let me know.

Guest rolobolas

Agreed, I have an upgrade from Verizon due in a week.

Hello Droid X

I'll see you there AMD and of course all of you addicts. ;)

Edited by rolobolas

Guest pma7779
Agreed, I have an upgrade from Verizon due in a week.

Hello Droid X

I'll see you there AMD and of course all of you addicts. ;)

Can someone help me with the i920 flasher program. I've never flashed my phone and I'm not sure where to start. All i know is that AMD has some awesome roms.

thanks

Guest dumfone

it apears it was resco contact that fixed swype. I tried Ninja skin alone and that did not work until I went into resco sms once. you can probably find it at Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez forum.

Guest pma7779
it apears it was resco contact that fixed swype. I tried Ninja skin alone and that did not work until I went into resco sms once. you can probably find it at Please read the site rules no links or requests for warez forum.

PLEASE HELP. First off, I know i'm a noobie. I have been reading every post on flashing my phone. And I think I followed all steps. When I connect my phone (turned off of course) it charges but it does not display in the device manager or devices and printers folder. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I downloaded octans mini and Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. I installed the Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. But yet nothing happens.

I really hope someone can help me. I hate the garbage that comes with the omnia i920 and I want to flash the phone.

Thanks

Totally confused and lost.

Guest bigbuni
PLEASE HELP. First off, I know i'm a noobie. I have been reading every post on flashing my phone. And I think I followed all steps. When I connect my phone (turned off of course) it charges but it does not display in the device manager or devices and printers folder. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I downloaded octans mini and Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. I installed the Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip. But yet nothing happens.

I really hope someone can help me. I hate the garbage that comes with the omnia i920 and I want to flash the phone.

Thanks

Totally confused and lost.

*Should add that this is for windows 7*

I had the same issue at first, what I had to do was with the phone off and unpluged, open device manager and plug in the usb cable, watch for the category mobile devices (will install if it hasnt already). double click (be quick) the samsung MITs USB device that appears. click on the driver tab, update driver then browse. Now my biggest thing was that it would go to charging and disconnect from usb so it wasnt present anymore and would not update the driver. if that happens unplug the phone with the windows still open for the driver selection. choose the proper driver to install (xp driver listed somewhere on this forum if you dont have it). when you have chosen the driver dont hit next until you plug the turned off phone back in. as soon as device manager "sees" it hit next and it should update the driver to the compatible one. then use octans to flash away.

Its a bit confusing as it is considered 2 devices, one when on and a different one when off

Hope that helps, youll love all the roms (well not as many as my old i910) you can play with. and do play around, I usually flash once a month to see what is latest and greatest from the great chefs here. I would like to make my own ROM's but dont have the time currently.

Good luck.

Edited by bigbuni

*Should add that this is for windows 7*

I had the same issue at first, what I had to do was with the phone off and unpluged, open device manager and plug in the usb cable, watch for the category mobile devices (will install if it hasnt already). double click (be quick) the samsung MITs USB device that appears. click on the driver tab, update driver then browse. Now my biggest thing was that it would go to charging and disconnect from usb so it wasnt present anymore and would not update the driver. if that happens unplug the phone with the windows still open for the driver selection. choose the proper driver to install (xp driver listed somewhere on this forum if you dont have it). when you have chosen the driver dont hit next until you plug the turned off phone back in. as soon as device manager "sees" it hit next and it should update the driver to the compatible one. then use octans to flash away.

Its a bit confusing as it is considered 2 devices, one when on and a different one when off

Hope that helps, youll love all the roms (well not as many as my old i910) you can play with. and do play around, I usually flash once a month to see what is latest and greatest from the great chefs here. I would like to make my own ROM's but dont have the time currently.

Good luck.

Windows 7 32bit? 64bit?

Did you disable the Signed Driver Enforcement thing during boot?

Guest pma7779
Windows 7 32bit? 64bit?

Did you disable the Signed Driver Enforcement thing during boot?

Ok, for some reason flashing is the most confusing thing for me. I would like to think I'm not a complete idiot, I mean i do own a windows comp not an apple. Anyway I'm running Windows 7 32bit, i disabled the Signed Driver Enforcement during boot, installed the samsung cdma modem, and after I start windows I open the device manager. With my phone off, I plug it into my computer. I watch the device manager window and nothing shows up for my phone, so I can't update the driver.

Next, I unplugged my phone (still off) and started AMDZero's i920 flasher. I selected detect and then plugged in my phone (still off). After I plug in my phone, the following message pops up:

Service stopped successfully

[setup] Windows Vista

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&3849adae&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

If any one can help me please do.

Edited by pma7779

Guest bigbuni
Ok, for some reason flashing is the most confusing thing for me. I would like to think I'm not a complete idiot, I mean i do own a windows comp not an apple. Anyway I'm running Windows 7 32bit, i disabled the Signed Driver Enforcement during boot, installed the samsung cdma modem, and after I start windows I open the device manager. With my phone off, I plug it into my computer. I watch the device manager window and nothing shows up for my phone, so I can't update the driver.

Next, I unplugged my phone (still off) and started AMDZero's i920 flasher. I selected detect and then plugged in my phone (still off). After I plug in my phone, the following message pops up:

Service stopped successfully

[setup] Windows Vista

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&3849adae&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

If any one can help me please do.

first you must run the i920 flasher in xp mode, right click on program select properties, compatibility tab, then select "run in compatibility mode for:" and select windows xp SP3, then also select "privilege level" run as admin. APPLY then ok.

I personally use octans, but I assume AMDZero's flasher works the same way.

Try plugging the off phone into a different usb port if possible and see if it detects it (have hardware manager open so you can see what is going on(if anything)) if it starts installing the mobile device "samsung MITS..." quickly double click and wait til windows finishes install (success or failure dosent matter) then unplug, LEAVE samsung mits window open. select driver tab, update driver, then browse, browse to where the xp driver is and select. plug in phone, when it starts auto detecting hit next and it should update to the new (old) driver. once done it may still go to the charging screen. unplug start octans or flasher and select file to be flashed, hit detect. plug in phone and if all was successful it should give the option to start download (octans) click start and wait for D/L to finish. then you should be golden.

This is win 7 pro 32bit.

hope this helps,

* i didnt disable driver signing, the first time i updated driver I got a warning from windows and I clicked for it to ignore the problem and continued as mentioned above*

**also on my phone I had to turn off the advanced network functionality under usb connection/active sync - dont know why but it wouldnt work right until I did, works fine with advanced network func. after flashing - weird**

Edited by bigbuni

Guest pma7779
first you must run the i920 flasher in xp mode, right click on program select properties, compatibility tab, then select "run in compatibility mode for:" and select windows xp SP3, then also select "privilege level" run as admin. APPLY then ok.

I personally use octans, but I assume AMDZero's flasher works the same way.

Try plugging the off phone into a different usb port if possible and see if it detects it (have hardware manager open so you can see what is going on(if anything)) if it starts installing the mobile device "samsung MITS..." quickly double click and wait til windows finishes install (success or failure dosent matter) then unplug, LEAVE samsung mits window open. select driver tab, update driver, then browse, browse to where the xp driver is and select. plug in phone, when it starts auto detecting hit next and it should update to the new (old) driver. once done it may still go to the charging screen. unplug start octans or flasher and select file to be flashed, hit detect. plug in phone and if all was successful it should give the option to start download (octans) click start and wait for D/L to finish. then you should be golden.

This is win 7 pro 32bit.

hope this helps,

* i didnt disable driver signing, the first time i updated driver I got a warning from windows and I clicked for it to ignore the problem and continued as mentioned above*

**also on my phone I had to turn off the advanced network functionality under usb connection/active sync - dont know why but it wouldnt work right until I did, works fine with advanced network func. after flashing - weird**

Thanks for all your help. I had to open devices & printers window to change the driver, it was never showing in the device manger window. But it was a success and right now I'm flashing my phone.

Thanks

AMDZero,

Is the file for the Lite ROM correct? I just flashed my phone with your Lite ROM but it appears to be the base rom just labled as the Lite ROM. Even in the version it says Base DG21. So far I do like what appears to be the Base ROM (having trouble getting some programs to load but it's good nonetheless) but I would love to try the Lite ROM!

Please enlighten me!

Guest tedkord
AMDZero,

Is the file for the Lite ROM correct? I just flashed my phone with your Lite ROM but it appears to be the base rom just labled as the Lite ROM. Even in the version it says Base DG21. So far I do like what appears to be the Base ROM (having trouble getting some programs to load but it's good nonetheless) but I would love to try the Lite ROM!

Please enlighten me!

Which UI was enabled on first boot after flashing? If it was Titanium, then you have the Lite ROM. The Base ROM has SPB MobileShell 3.5 installed and set as the default UI. Take a look at the screenshots within each ROM's post of it's home screen, and see which matches yours on first boot.

Which UI was enabled on first boot after flashing? If it was Titanium, then you have the Lite ROM. The Base ROM has SPB MobileShell 3.5 installed and set as the default UI. Take a look at the screenshots within each ROM's post of it's home screen, and see which matches yours on first boot.

Thanks for the reply!

I looked at the screenshots and my first boot looked exactly like the base ROM.

Guest tedkord
Thanks for the reply!

I looked at the screenshots and my first boot looked exactly like the base ROM.

Well, I dunno what could have happened then. I've used the Lite ROM, and it downloaded the correct version.

What was the name of the .nb0 file you flashed? It should have been ZeroLitev1-2.nb0, or something like that (I'm not on the PC where I have them D/L'ed, and I don't remember exactly). At any rate, the flash file should have ZeroLite, and not ZeroBase in the name.

Well, I dunno what could have happened then. I've used the Lite ROM, and it downloaded the correct version.

What was the name of the .nb0 file you flashed? It should have been ZeroLitev1-2.nb0, or something like that (I'm not on the PC where I have them D/L'ed, and I don't remember exactly). At any rate, the flash file should have ZeroLite, and not ZeroBase in the name.

The .nb0 was the lite 1.2 lol but when I flashed it it was amdzero's base rom. The file name was ZeroLite-DG21v1_2.nb0. I don't even have his base rom saved on my computer anywhere :/

If you have the correct ZeroLite-DG21v1_2.nb0, could you upload it to a site for us? I'm afraid AMD won't come back on here for a while... The fascinate is a mind controlling machine :) lol

Guest amdzero
The .nb0 was the lite 1.2 lol but when I flashed it it was amdzero's base rom. The file name was ZeroLite-DG21v1_2.nb0. I don't even have his base rom saved on my computer anywhere :/

If you have the correct ZeroLite-DG21v1_2.nb0, could you upload it to a site for us? I'm afraid AMD won't come back on here for a while... The fascinate is a mind controlling machine :) lol

I'm still here on and off.let me download and reflash. If its not the right one, I'll re-up it.