[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

:lol:

Wondered across an interesting bug. In Sounds and Notifications; the sounds for Phine: Incoming Call look at 'My Ringtones' (as it should).

The other notification sounds do not, they only pick-up as choices the sounds in \Windows.

As a workaround I can copy My Ringtomes to \windows, but I thought I'd point it out. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you just wrote.

could you walk me through an example so I may see what is wrong? Or even a screenshot?

I have also noticed that not all ringtones appear as options for all notifications. I thought it was perhaps being selective about the format of the file: wav vs wma, etc. But I haven't gotten around to trying to put the ones I want into Windows.

Edited by Robtao

I want to add a good Main Menu to this ROM. I found this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...menu-exe-file/#

All it adds is the .exe (865.5K) and 1 small .mui file.

It works smoothly, and the icons look good and work, but there is a "store" button at the bottom center that doesn't work.

Does anybody have a better working version for Main Menu?

Also, how to add a custom background, like Today wallpaper?

Edited by Robtao

Enjoying this ROM.

Been meaning to ask:

Is there an easy way to disable the startup music? I have a DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab, but it doesn't work on this ROM (all previous were fine, where it disabled the Verizon sound.) Also, during startup after a soft reset, the AMDzero screen flashes once just for an instant, but then goes directly to the Windows startup screen with the rotating 4 colors. I am wondering if the 2 issues are related as they happen at the same time?

Enjoying this ROM.

Been meaning to ask:

Is there an easy way to disable the startup music? I have a DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab, but it doesn't work on this ROM (all previous were fine, where it disabled the Verizon sound.) Also, during startup after a soft reset, the AMDzero screen flashes once just for an instant, but then goes directly to the Windows startup screen with the rotating 4 colors. I am wondering if the 2 issues are related as they happen at the same time?

I'm using a custom shutdown animation borrowed in part from HTC devices.

Try this cab:

AMDZero_Zero_Boot_Alter1.cab

It will remove the boot sound, and change the bootscreen to the windows 4 color screen.

Hi what is the status on ZeroStock DG21? Trying to decide how much effort to put in personalizing VZ DG21

Thanks for the work :lol:

it will be a few days, I'm finishing up testing on my new DG21 Base rom.

Guest urphonesux

recorded a looong video the other day and by the time i'd gotten home it had disappeared.

I ran a data recovery app and everything. I was able to restore a movie i had deleted from my phone weeks ago but was not able to even find the missing video file?

Some apps appear to be corrupting at random, for example O2flash will no longer work even after a uninstall/reinstall?

only can install google mobile app if id just downloaded it from the default browser. Not from the .cab on my sd card?

cant install swype wp7 skin

cant adjust input settings

overclocking to 1000 Mhz instantly crashes my omnia

i can see a difference after overclocking to lower values in sktools benchmark app but the phone starts acting wonky

Guest urphonesux
I want to add a good Main Menu to this ROM. I found this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...menu-exe-file/#

All it adds is the .exe (865.5K) and 1 small .mui file.

It works smoothly, and the icons look good and work, but there is a "store" button at the bottom center that doesn't work.

Does anybody have a better working version for Main Menu?

Also, how to add a custom background, like Today wallpaper?

brought to my attention by nuclearEMP

The Korean Omnia M715 Main menu for i8000/i920 edited by ular_king

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1796.0;attach=7621;image

http://www.4shared.com/file/ArDOwVkW/MainM...on_changed.html

brought to my attention by nuclearEMP

The Korean Omnia M715 Main menu for i8000/i920 edited by ular_king

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1796.0;attach=7621;image

http://www.4shared.com/file/ArDOwVkW/MainM...on_changed.html

Thanks! This appears to be the same one, but modified/improved as this one has Samsung "Settings" at the bottom center, and it works. I just left the .mui file in Windows. I don't know if it is used or needed. I renamed the other MainMenu as MainMenuxxx.exe and pasted the new one into Windows. It works, and kept all of my previous settings.

Thanks! This appears to be the same one, but modified/improved as this one has Samsung "Settings" at the bottom center, and it works. I just left the .mui file in Windows. I don't know if it is used or needed. I renamed the other MainMenu as MainMenuxxx.exe and pasted the new one into Windows. It works, and kept all of my previous settings.

mui is the localization, so we english speaking peeps need only use code 0409

i installed this, however for some reason the schedule doesnt work on the first screen. How can i get it to link with calendar?

I'm not sure what you mean by first screen. Can you post a screenshot or expand on your error?

Cool the base ROM sounds very interesting. Does Mobile Shell still have its memory leak? That's the big thing keeping me from using Mobile Shell. My program memory would drop very fast to less then 10m.

Kepp up the tremendous work and THANK YOU. :lol:

So can I assume that we will need to do the same compatibility checks for your mini flasher as we do with octans? Still downloading it now.

And while you're at it would it be too much to ask for a all in one rom flashing tool that customizes the pagepool and then flashes it all in the same window :lol: ...nah I'm not that lazy but I'll give your new tool a try.

Pardon my ignorance, I tried every guide found in this forums on how to flash the omnia 2 I920 with no success. Please help?

What version of windows and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Windows 7 Home Premium 32

I have included a new (not really new, just simplified) flashing tool.

you must FIRST install the correct drivers for your version of windows.

Here is a link to the 32bit drivers you need:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=53700

After you install the drivers run the flash tool I modified using windows XP compatibility.

I don't think I'd hack it to change the pagepool, but this base rom has 12MB pp now.

I have been using SPB MS for 3 days now and I haven't had a memory leak like you describe. It DOES take up just about as much RAM as Sense does, but I haven't gotten down past 15MB with all kinds of stuff opening.

Guest rolobolas

I have included a new (not really new, just simplified) flashing tool.

you must FIRST install the correct drivers for your version of windows.

Here is a link to the 32bit drivers you need:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=53700

After you install the drivers run the flash tool I modified using windows XP compatibility.

I don't think I'd hack it to change the pagepool, but this base rom has 12MB pp now.

I have been using SPB MS for 3 days now and I haven't had a memory leak like you describe. It DOES take up just about as much RAM as Sense does, but I haven't gotten down past 15MB with all kinds of stuff opening.

[/quote

Big thanks, hands on it right now. Still working with NRGZ28 on the sense rom?