22/Oct Fr24 - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

ss1.pngss2.pngss3.pngss4.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port for the Google Nexus One! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. :)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted with a Custom Recovery Image installed. Use 'ROM Manager' on the Android Market to install the ClockworkMod Custom Recovery Image.

Features

• Based on the Desire 2.10.x.x ROM series (FRF91), with FRG33 and later merges happening gradually
  • Kernel by intersectRaven (2.6.35.4_AVS-950mV_CFS_20100913_1452)
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • Updated Google Components
  • Updated Facebook
  • Updated emoticon set to fix low resolution 'embarrassed' emoticon
  • Updated Flashlight which now becomes 'Torch' for non en-US configuration. Also added requested German translation.
  • Added 'Genie' News and Weather app / widget option
  • Added stock Clock application
  • Added stock Gallery 3D option
  • Added stock Keyboard option
  • Added stock MMS app option
  • Added Voice Dialer option
  • Added Voice Search with Voice Actions
  • Added Stock Launcher2 with Phone app fix (particularly useful if you choose to remove Rosie / Sense!)
  • Added option to use stock lock screen instead of HTC version
  • Added option to disable 'Menu button unlock' in the kitchen
  • Added New and exclusive Sense widgets - Battery / Call Mom / Coin Flip / Dice / Fortune Cookie / Note / Quick Recorder / Sand Timer / Tip Calculator / Today In History
  • Added MCR Boot Animation (stock and N1 as options)
  • Added Google Car Home
  • Added Stock Android email app
  • Added HTC_IME mod v27 by jonasl
  • Added Maps mod 4.4.0 by squrl
  • Added Trackball Alert compatability
  • Slimmed Customize dir, additional locales added

• Removed bootsound (can be restored via the online kitchen)

• Optional A2SD via the online kitchen, including A2SD+
  • Optional AdFree modified for Desire
  • Optional Jbed Java
  • Optional ROM Manager
  • Optional Titanium Backup
  • Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
  • Optional WiFi Status indicator
  • Optional radio

• Removed 'Learn More' icon
  • More stuff i've probably forgotten

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Ensure you have are able to launch the custom recovery image (see 'requirements' above)
    • Download the zip file from the online kitchen and copy to your SD card
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card

Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and A2SD and a version without the MoDaCo additions.

[*]r24 with default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 6bad5e1b72813634f01e61610db2b280

[*]r24 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 51e885db489844e04a0dccecae95a501

[*]r24 without default MoDaCo additions - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 0cce0a54349abf4ff3f855f9910258b5

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect. Particular thanks goes to intersectraven for his excellent kernel work.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :P

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Known issues

• 'Connection types' dialogue can appear unexpectedly - this dialogue can be disabled in Settings -> PC Connection

22/Oct 15:00 BST
    • Component updates and prebakes online
      • Updated Gmail to version 2.3.
        • Phase 1 of later versions merge. This includes the majority of changes from 2.10. More to follow from other new versions. Note that this update also suppresses the OTA update warning.
          • Added reboot menu (including in all builds) by snq-
            • A2SD corruption fix (courtesy of XDA thread)
            • Slight rename of ROM in about screen (to specify N1 version)

• Reverted Torch to Desire version (with 'Torch' text) - patched version no longer required. This adds the 3 brightness levels.
              • 14/Sep 09:30 BST

[*]Added the 'Smooth' theme (without battery percentage), kindly contributed by Jercik.

13/Sep 18:30 BST

[*]Added English (Ireland) locale (by request).

13/Sep 16:00 BST

[*]Updated Camera app to say trackball instead of optical.

13/Sep 14:45 BST

[*]Updated cachedalvikcache to make better use of the N1's partition layout and fixed an init script.

13/Sep 13:30 BST

[*]Initial Release

ROM highlights - Desire MCR r9 base, FM, 720P, BT, Torch, USB mount + menu working.

Some refinements to be made around the USB mount menu and some other bits and pieces, but it's looking pretty good imho. :P

P

I have about 50% of the space left on data after a fresh install and installing a couple of bits and pieces (no A2SD).

P

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 203.3M 0 203.3M 0% /dev
tmpfs 203.3M 0 203.3M 0% /mnt/asec
/dev/block/mtdblock3 145.0M 134.9M 10.1M 93% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock5 196.3M 98.8M 97.5M 50% /data
/dev/block/mtdblock4 95.0M 67.5M 27.5M 71% /cache
tmpfs 8.0M 0 8.0M 0% /app-cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1
6.9G 474.0M 6.4G 7% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1
6.9G 474.0M 6.4G 7% /mnt/secure/asec[/code]

I will download and install this version as soon as possible to see if it works with Bluetooth.

Lets cross our fingers :P

I've paired it with the car, made calls etc. and it's fine (thanks largely to intersectRaven's excellent work!)

P

I've paired it with the car, made calls etc. and it's fine (thanks largely to intersectRaven's excellent work!)

P

What car system ? Renault is a bit very picky :P

And of course thanks again for your work

Edited by Sabiwa

Guest jmarinco

Hello.

First of all, thx much.. I installed this rom and everything is working fine :P

I have a question for you, Paul, how I can active the Optional trackball wakeup, I don't see the optional checkbox in the kitchen :)

Thanks.

Anyone know how this compares to eViL's ROM (aside from having the much-appreciated kitchen layout for some optional extras)? I *just* got eViL's v1.15 setup last night and I'm not really wanting to do that all again unless I know it's better.

Hello.

First of all, thx much.. I installed this rom and everything is working fine :P

I have a question for you, Paul, how I can active the Optional trackball wakeup, I don't see the optional checkbox in the kitchen :)

Thanks.

You can't, yet, i'll drop this in shortly.

P

Anyone know how this compares to eViL's ROM (aside from having the much-appreciated kitchen layout for some optional extras)? I *just* got eViL's v1.15 setup last night and I'm not really wanting to do that all again unless I know it's better.

I've never downloaded / used EvIL's ROM, sorry...

P

Guest negreenfield

I've used both so I'll report back later. The main problem I had with Evil's ROM was the wifi dropping out constantly and other weird issues which I think may be due to Dark Tremor's a2sd which I have always had problems with. Maybe it's my memory card or something.

Mine is a Mazda... but i've paired it with all the stuff I can find around here OK.

P

To bad Renault makes contact first and the fist call is done excellent. But after turning off my car and restart it its getting issues.

Also the music controls are not working perfect.

But its a huge step forward a real huge step

Awesome, I'll give this ROM a go later! I'm currently running CM6. I was running evil's ROM until v1.10, but Wifi+Bluetooth never quite worked that well for me.

Thanks for all of the hard work, Paul! Much appreciated. :P