This is the worst phone i have come across

Guest Jerry786

Guest Jerry786

Its unusable, Sluggish, unresponsive and pure garbage!

I gave this phone in for repair and was using my HTC Wildfire during that time, I have just got my Pulse mini back from the store and in comparison to the HTC, the pulse is appalling. The mini has a faster processor than the HTC but still, the wildfire absolutely mullers the mini in all areas

I dont understand how anyone can use this phone, The screen is tiny, the keyboard is the worst ive ever come across .its a terrible phone. What a mistake i made in buying this phone, £90 down the bin

Edited by Jerry786

Guest dragon2611

:lol: What do you expect for £90? (Of which £10 was calling credit anyway)

Apart from the shockingly appalling battery life, and the oddities with the headphones I think it's a pretty good phone for £90, although I do suggest replacing the stock rom with one of the alternatives such as the r3b MG Custom Rom from this forum, it does make it a lot better Imo

Guest paddymcn
Its unusable, Sluggish, unresponsive and pure garbage!

I gave this phone in for repair and was using my HTC Wildfire during that time, I have just got my Pulse mini back from the store and in comparison to the HTC, the pulse is appalling. The mini has a faster processor than the HTC but still, the wildfire absolutely mullers the mini in all areas

I dont understand how anyone can use this phone, The screen is tiny, the keyboard is the worst ive ever come across .its a terrible phone. What a mistake i made in buying this phone, £90 down the bin

I love mine, yes it took a while to used to especially the keyboard but after testing quite few I settled on one i like, Smart Keyboard Pro. Stick it on ebay and you'll get at least £50 for it, thats £40 down the bin

Guest Jerry786
:lol: What do you expect for £90? (Of which £10 was calling credit anyway)

A usable phone? I have a £20 3 phone (non touch screen), a phone that is 60 cheaper (not included tenner credit) which is miles better then the pulse mini. Faster, more responsive and damn easy to use compared to the woeful mini.

The LG optimus GT540 is a budget phone and in the same price range as the pulse mini but it kicks the pulse mini's backside in all areas so i dont buy the "What do you expect for £90? "

Edited by Jerry786

Guest Jerry786
I love mine, yes it took a while to used to especially the keyboard but after testing quite few I settled on one i like, Smart Keyboard Pro. Stick it on ebay and you'll get at least £50 for it, thats £40 down the bin

I liked the phone too at one point but after using with the HTC wildfire for a week, its garbage. I was actually shocked at how bad the mini phone is. Its so hard to use, from the resistive screen to the overall sluggishness. Not for me im afraid.

...And yes, definitely getting rid of it, just hope i can get around 70 for it!

Edited by Jerry786

Guest CodeWarrior
A usable phone? I have a £20 3 phone (non touch screen), a phone that is 60 cheaper (not included tenner credit) which is miles better then the pulse mini. Faster, more responsive and damn easy to use compared to the woeful mini.

The LG optimus GT540 is a budget phone and in the same price range as the pulse mini but it kicks the pulse mini's backside in all areas so i dont buy the "What do you expect for £90? "

Maybe everyone should just use a £20 phone? Or maybe they don't do all the things I use my pulse mini for e.g. GPS, WiFi, maps, apps etc. If all you want to do is call and text then I'm sure a £10 phone will be fine but for me the pulse mini gives me A LOT of functionality for a low price and I like the size.

The mini definitely isn't for everyone and I agree there are a couple of things that are frustrating mainly the awful touchscreen and the battery life isn't too good but other than that it suits me just fine.

Clearly it's not the phone for you, which begs the question - why would you get a pulse mini if you already had a HTC Wildfire?

Guest deaglecat
I liked the phone too at one point but after using with the HTC wildfire for a week, its garbage. I was actually shocked at how bad the mini phone is. Its so hard to use, from the resistive screen to the overall sluggishness. Not for me im afraid.

...And yes, definitely getting rid of it, just hope i can get around 70 for it!

Trade in price on CPW for this phone is currently..... £9.90.

I would suggest writing off the purchase price and just using it as a backup or rooting / putting barnacle on and using as a wifi hotspot.

The phone is fine as an intro to android. Personally I keep losing / breaking phones so an expensive phone is a no-no for me. I like the pulse mini. I certainly wouldn't dick around with the ROMs of a nexus one or Samsung Galaxy S but the pulse mini is cheap enough to be ok for "experimentation".

Deag,

Guest Jerry786
Clearly it's not the phone for you, which begs the question - why would you get a pulse mini if you already had a HTC Wildfire?

I purchased the Pulse Mini well before i purchased the HTC. I liked it at the beginning, it was my first Android phone and i actually thought is was very good but i came to realize, it wasnt once i got my hands on the Wildfire.

By the way, I apologize if i have disheartened any of you guys, That wasn't my intention

Guest Jerry786
Trade in price on CPW for this phone is currently..... £9.90.

I would suggest writing off the purchase price and just using it as a backup or rooting / putting barnacle on and using as a wifi hotspot.

The phone is fine as an intro to android. Personally I keep losing / breaking phones so an expensive phone is a no-no for me. I like the pulse mini. I certainly wouldn't dick around with the ROMs of a nexus one or Samsung Galaxy S but the pulse mini is cheap enough to be ok for "experimentation".

Deag,

£9.90? That cant be right..or is it? Thats a joke of a price if true as its worth at least £60 used. Regards to your comments about keeping it as a backup, I have been thinking handing it over to someone else, but im certain it would be very very difficult for them to use.

Most likely im going to get rid of it. The 6 months free internet will make up for the money im losing so its not so bad after all.

Guest fredfox_uk

I've had the mini a few months now, I've also got an HTC Desire.

I use the mini as my work phone (I did have an HP piece of rubbish) and the Desire as my personal phone. The phone sync every 15 minutes with my work email, I get something like 150 mails a day, however, I've turned 3G off. I don't use GPS or the web. I've been on the phone for about 30-40 minutes today and the battery is on 85%, not bad in my book. Turn 3G on and the battery sucks :lol: The HP rubbish I had (WinMo) would be luck to stay connected for 30 minutes, and if it did the battery would be dead after 30 minutes - a real killer on a conference call ! My longest call so far on the Mini is 154 minutes 42 seconds, left me with 30% battery at the end of the day :)

I've had to re-calibrate the screen to my liking and it seems much easier to use than it was out of the box. I like the resolution of the screen and it's bright.

It's nowhere near a good as the Desire, but then I wouldn't compare the two, totally different prices and aimed at different markets. If the Mini suffers an accident I'll not be happy, but I'd be really upset if something happens to the Desire !

• 6 months later...
Guest The_IMF

Well for £35 (39.99 - 5 from quidco) you really really cannot complain now. This phone is an absolute bargain... rooted it, installed the r3b rom, put on barnacle and shoved my T-mobile 3G in it and am using it as a hotspot wherever I need to go or using TeleNav / Google Navigation when required. Fantastic!

Guest glossywhite
Well for £35 (39.99 - 5 from quidco) you really really cannot complain now. This phone is an absolute bargain... rooted it, installed the r3b rom, put on barnacle and shoved my T-mobile 3G in it and am using it as a hotspot wherever I need to go or using TeleNav / Google Navigation when required. Fantastic!

I must agree here. I just bought mine for £30 + £10 credit (compulsory) from T-mobile shop. The girl said it was one of only two left, as they are exhausting their stocks (hence the price drop). Meh, it's no ZTE blade, but it is £30. Horses for courses, as they say.

I don't mean to appear rude, but if you have got as far as joining MoDaCo, you evidently have slightly above average intelligence (probable), eyes with which to watch reviews on YouTube and tech blogs, ears with which to do the same, a mouth with which to refuse the purchase, and fingers with which to hold the Pulse mine & try it out. If you paid £90 or more for the Pulse mini, then all I can say is more fool you, when you are within the very forum that would have informed you that the Orange "San Francisco" (ZTE Blade) is available for only £100 (excluding compulsory Orange topup of £10-20?). which is an entirely better handset for the ridiculous sum you got scammed out of for the Pulse Mini.

It is a great 'phone for the £40 I paid for it - I mean, come ON - an Android handset for £40? WhooDaThunkIt?! That doesn't happen often.

You can moan until the cows come home, but you ought to know better. It's a nasty purchase for £90, but an altogether great bargain for £30-40. No disputes here.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest butelo

I'm quite happy with it

but there's one thing that pisses me off, the lack of uptates fom huawei,

2.1 works fine and even better with a custom ROM from the community

but I'd love to have Froyo or Gingerbread working properly in my device

• 1 month later...
Guest jamieleegoode

Wll i bought this last year for £50 [plus £10 top up and with the 6 MONTHS FREE INTERNET] i wanted a mobile that had 3g, wifi, gps, android instead of some boring stock lg os lol, sensors, video+music player, touch screen and a good camera [better than VGA lol], compared to the phones at around the same price this phone was and is brilliant i mean my fiancee bought an lg cookie fresh for the same price and its awful, GPRS internet, and then its the awful old mobile viewing internet,

Ive just bought another pulse mini for £20 [plus £10 top up, and again with the 6 month internet included] as there being fazed out, im never going to have £100 plus to buy a top mobile [HTC etc] so this for me is brilliant, i cant play games, download music and videos and listen and play them pretty well, and its all round tops

Only niggle i have is it sometimes Force Closes apps [not often] and sometimes lags and i have to wiat a few seconds for it to catch up, but then for such a small piece of kit im basically using like i do my laptop lol

Edited by jamieleegoode

• 7 months later...

Hi All 1st time poster

i jusy have to jump in and say i only paid £20 + £10 topup for mine from the t-mobile shop tongue.gif

And yes its not the best phone in the world but i like it i do agree you need to change the stock rom.

as my 1st android phone its good cuz if i brick it no need to worrie biggrin.gif

iv beed busy flashing diff rom's for days now to test witch i like and witch is most stable but i have to agree with The_IMF

The_IMF, on Mar 22 2011, 23:54, said:

Little side note i want to upgrade witch android phone this prob the best for running say ubuntu (i no ubuntu need loop ability as it runs on top of the android) or the win7 rom ?

Guest unrandomsam

Worst Android phone EVER. I have one - it's DIRE!

How did you unlock it ? (I want to work out a free unlock method cannot get it into diag mode).

I guess you haven't used any of the really bad chinese (Not ZTE or Huawei) ones.