HTC launch the Desire Z (formerly known as the HTC Vision)

Guest PaulOBrien

desirez.png

HTC have today announced the Desire Z (codenamed the HTC Vision), an Android equipped phone with top end specifications built around a 'Z' sliding keyboard.

Specifications include...

• 800 MHz Processor
  • Android 2.2 (Froyo) with HTC Sense

• Internal phone storage: 1.5 GB
  • RAM: 512 MB
  • 119 x 60.4 x 14.16 mm (4.69 x 2.38 x 0.56 inches)
  • 180 grams (6.35 ounces) with battery
  • 3.7-inch SLCD touch screen with 480 x 800 resolution
  • HSPA/WCDMA: • Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz • Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps
  • Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • Optical Trackpad

• Z-slider QWERTY keyboard
  • Internal GPS antenna
  • G-Sensor
  • Digital compass
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor
  • Bluetooth® 2.1 with FTP/OPP for file transfer, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, and PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
  • IEEE 802.11b/g/n WiFi
  • 3.5 mm stereo audio jack Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
  • 5.0 megapixel color camera with auto focus and flashlight
  • 720p HD video recording
  • Audio supported formats - Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9) • Recording: .amr
  • Video supported formats - Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9) • Recording: .3gp
  • 1300 mAh Battery
  • Talk time: • Up to 400 minutes for WCDMA • Up to 590 minutes for GSM
  • Standby time: • Up to 430 hours for WCDMA • Up to 430 hours for GSM
  • microSD expansion (SD 2.0 compatible)
  • 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz DC output: 5 V and 1 A AC adaptor

• Share pictures, video or music to your big screen TV or PC display via DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance)

More details to follow, watch this space! :lol:

P

Guest mjpower4

mmm having been an early adopter on the G1 desperately eager to give this one the benefit of the doubt. Concerned re processor but coupled with bigger battery than HTC Desire HD it may give much better battery life. Here's hoping it is better than the G1 which had the battery life of a goldfish ;-)

i am personally looking forward to picking a "desire z" up, its ticking all the boxes from here ;-)

Real keyboard - check

TV out - check

Hackable (custom roms ect) - check because this is the same phone as the U.S. T-Mobile G2 which alot of nexus people are claiming to be switching too

Stock Android - check I'll be very very surprised if no one gets the stock rom from the t-mobile G2 onto this baby

Guest masterpfa

What's in a name?

Same phone as the T-Mobile G2, (a title I prefer!), but why oh, why do manufacturers feel the need to do this.

:lol: One name to unite them, One name to rule them all :)

Just wish HTC would include the option of a default launcher, as the Hero had origionally, but I'm nit picking

HTC Sense is looking good again (after all, that's what attracted me to Android in the first place!)

What's in a name?

Same phone as the T-Mobile G2, (a title I prefer!)

As there already IS a G2 (Magic), I think that is a pretty stupid name to give a new phone.

Edited by naguz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michaelhoffman

This new phone does not show much difference between the original desires, the same CPU, you can record all the 720p. The bigger the screen is not an exciting update that just means it does not fit in most pockets.

Guest Double-K
So does anyone know yet if T-Mobile in the UK are planning to release the Desire Z soon, possibly branded as the G2 from what the early rumours said?

Andre

I spoke to T-Mobile yesterday, they denied knowledge of the handset and it is not on their list of phones coming soon.

I also spoke with Orange, same thing.

Vodaphone on the other hand have advised they will be releasing it late October.

I for one am waiting for this phone, even if it mens going over to voda....

Kind Regards

Double-K

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.