All Omnia 2 reg file tweaks

Guest urphonesux

Guest urphonesux

sms fix part 1 removes previous text when u reply to the notification of a new sms from your popup or the today screen

sms fix part 2 removes previous text when u reply to the new sms from the messaging inbox

also included are my reg entries to speed up overall internet

and to automatically disconnect idle data connections after 1 min (works best if all auto updates are set to manually but you must set ACTIVESYNC to manual for this to work)

http://www.4shared.com/file/7QS5I88c/Reggie.html

i used the free app cabintgr to create these cabs available here

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Develope...egr-82331.shtml

so just install it and then run the cab files

Please feel free to upload your favorite reg tweaks here so we can have them all in one place so the cooks wont have to look so hard to accomodate our requests

Edited by urphonesux

hkcu/software/microsoft/inbox/settings/

make include original 0

Thanks, this has been driving me nutz, but was soo low on my priority list I didn't have time to look for it.

what is this for exactly?

for when you "reply" to a sms, it automatically fills your reply message with the sent message from before. So you have to erase the message every time before sending your reply. sux, but at least this should fix that.

for when you "reply" to a sms, it automatically fills your reply message with the sent message from before. So you have to erase the message every time before sending your reply. sux, but at least this should fix that.

Awesome. Now you guys are finding fixes for issues I didn't even find yet! Talk about proactive!

Guest brainstorm03

I'm still getting used to using the registry editing, so hopefully this isn't a dumb question. How do you install these edits? Or do I have to go in and change the current setting line by line?

Guest brainstorm03
o sorry about that

i used the free app cabintgr available here

so just install it to your mystorage/sd card and then run the cab files

I knew I was missing something! It worked perfect, thank you. The SMS issue was driving me crazy. The internet speed boost was just a bonus, works great.

I'm using your base rom and I am not experiencing this issue (annoyance really). Did you add these reg fixes to your rom?

I have used roms on the i920 since day one, is that why I have never had this problem?

Does anyone know if the incoming call bubble, showing the number & pic (if there is one), can be altered to display a smaller pic or no pic. What's the point of call display for calls that aren't in your contacts list when you can't see the number !!??

:lol:

Thanks

(P.S. Stock ROM)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cjn-md
sms fix part 1 removes previous text when u reply to the notification of a new sms from your popup or the today screen

sms fix part 2 removes previous text when u reply to the new sms from the messaging inbox

also included are my reg entries to speed up overall internet

and to automatically disconnect idle data connections after 1 min (works best if all auto updates are set to manually but you must set ACTIVESYNC to manual for this to work)

http://www.4shared.com/file/7QS5I88c/Reggie.html

i used the free app cabintgr to create these cabs available here

so just install it and then run the cab files

Please feel free to upload your favorite reg tweaks here so we can have them all in one place so the cooks wont have to look so hard to accomodate our requests

Folks, please make sure when using sms fix 1.reg you edit "SMSCallbackNumber" to be your phone number.

Not sure if this updates to "your phone number" when you use the SMS function but better safe than sorry.

The other updates do not appear to have user specific information within them.

Guest Fogfire
Folks, please make sure when using sms fix 1.reg you edit "SMSCallbackNumber" to be your phone number.

Not sure if this updates to "your phone number" when you use the SMS function but better safe than sorry.

The other updates do not appear to have user specific information within them.

There is a lot of stuff in these reg files that has nothing to do with the fix they are working on.

Has any one narrowed down which settings apply?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings]

"SMSReplyWithOriginalText"=dword:00000000

I can tell you this one alone does nothing...

There are too many settings in these to just add to my registry

Guest amdzero

Here is a reg tweak I JUST found, when troubleshooting why my provxmls weren't running. Actually a lot of samsung reg settings weren't getting posted:

Enable Vibration touch:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\VibeTonz]

"TouchVibeOn"=dword:1

"TouchScreenVibe"=dword:1

Guest urphonesux

by default your touch filter is set at 44

this is why you have to press kind of hard to make a selection.

when i followed the tweak and set my touch filter to 0 it made my screen so sensitive that if i touched it in any way it would select something. last night i upped it to 14 and it has made a world of difference in everything including swyping.

im mobile so i cant post the key now so just look for improve omnia 2 touch response

increase the screen responsiveness Go to HKLM>system>GWE>touch>filter and set "minimumtaptime" to 14

Edited by urphonesux

Guest urphonesux

Thanks to Sorg

Camera Mod (I did not use the included .mui file from the .rar because i use a i920 and originally this is for the i8000)

It creates a new folder wherever you save your pics called i8000CAM (i left it alone just in case and it works fine)

adds two new sizes to the size settings menu (i now have 720x480,640x480,320x420,176x144)

also i notice that the camera now can be set to use gps and post your position on the pics(turning this on will cause you to have to wait to take a picture so that the camera can lock on to satellites;the best solution is to use the gps reg tweaks i will post below

and this all came about from this from Eduuuuu.Thanks!!

It's really annoying to have the pictures named as: SCN00001, SCN00002, and etc...

We, that flashes ROM all the time.... specially because there are always exceptional ROMs coming up.... The Picture file Name Always Resets to 00001

OR you don't even have to Flash your phone.... if you take a lot of pictures... Document everything with your omnia... And have to do BACK-UPs on your PC... The Camera Picture Folder will be empty, and then... Camera software will start all over, from 00001...

And what really sucks...

go to Your PC.... and Back-up your folder again... You have a HUGE ISSUE to mess with... DUPLICATED File names, but of course, DIFFERENT Pictures!

You are probably facing this problem, since you have your omnia. I or II.

P.S. It's not possible to keep all the pictures in my phone...

as I said: if you are a camera user... you will do back-ups to your PC... then the problem comes later...

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/303447/...e-jpg/page/40/#

Guest urphonesux

adjust audio levels

reset battery S-O-C % (state of charge) without resetting the Omnia 2

the two uses i mentioned can be found in the close menu on the bottom right end of the menu bar

battery monitor for S-O-C %

Audio Gain for audio levels

Under music speaker change the following values: L1VL2 – 110; HPG7 – 1110; L3L7 – 10; OVL7 – 00001001; OVR7 - 00010010 --->then click apply, a small screen will pop up, click ok on it----> once on the main screen again, you can apply the same values for all other areas like ringtone, force speaker, voice, speaker and once done, click on menu and exit. Note that these values will not be changed after the soft reset but they will go back to manufacture values after a hard reset. These are the default values to set everything like before: L1VL2 – 101; HPG7 – 1011; L3VL7 – 10; OVL7 – 00011000; OVR7 - 00011000

there are other options that you can use also but not all of them work as this app is for the i8000 originally (the radio needs the headphones to be plugged in to work)

http://phj.hu/i8000/Smart.CAB

Edited by urphonesux

Guest urphonesux

Faster rotation app (to me)

Thanks to 600GOL and ED209!!

first put this .dll in your /windows folder

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=47106 (fixes reverse rotation of HTCSensorSDK.dll)

then install this app

changeScreen v2.78! attached below

first turn off any other rotation software you have installed

then install changescreen

open the app and click enable and run at startup

Thats it and you can also add exceptions

changescreen_inst.cab

Edited by urphonesux