All Omnia 2 reg file tweaks

Guest urphonesux

Guest RoyalDrew

1. What all is involved in being able to map rotation to a hardware key, is it just a few registry keys?

2. I applied the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0 key to enable threaded messaging which makes a world of difference on AMD's ZeroStock.

But I was wondering how i could change the colors of the text background and contact's name. Image attached

post-540894-1286942737_thumb.png

BTW - I know of the cab files that let you map rotations the the hardware key, i would just like to better understand the phone

Edited by RoyalDrew

Guest RoyalDrew
1. What all is involved in being able to map rotation to a hardware key, is it just a few registry keys?

2. I applied the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0 key to enable threaded messaging which makes a world of difference on AMD's ZeroStock.

But I was wondering how i could change the colors of the text background and contact's name. Image attached

post-540894-1286942737_thumb.png

BTW - I know of the cab files that let you map rotations the the hardware key, i would just like to better understand the phone

#1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GDI\Rotation\HideOrientationUI from 1 to 0

Didn't think it was this easy. I guess i assumed it was more difficult since people cab'd it up

#2. I'd still like to know if this is a simple fix

Guest urphonesux

Add email to jinbox

Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
Add email to jinbox

Enable Samsung skinned Email application: In more recent ROMs the Samsung messaging application has only included the SMS folders unlike older Samsung ROMs which allowed you to setup and navigate through email accounts within the Samsung messaging app. If you would like to re-enable this feature you can edit this registry setting: HKLM\Software\Samsung\JINBOX - change the ShowEmailAccounts entry from 0 to 1. Restart the Samsung messaging app and now you will have access to the email folders as well as SMS.

I was looking into using that tmail wrapper, but it doesn't work as advertised. I think your solution works, I just didn't want to view the ACTUAL message using the tmail poutlook program. I like the jinbox look and feel, but once you click on the email to view it back to MS you go.

on a side note could you walk me through the quickmenu or whatever it is you use as the start menu replacement. I'm curious as to how much ram I can absorb back for use in sense.

• 2 weeks later...

a reg tweak to have dynamic (blinking) battery icon when u charge the phone.

HKLM\ControlPanel\ Power\ , create new Dword = DynamicChargeicon, value = 1, then reset your phone.

P.S. this thread is pinned, hopefully you can re-organize all tweaks in the 1st post.