Speed Dials Not Working After DG21

Guest T DAWGv12

Guest T DAWGv12

Ever since I did the DG21 update, my speed dials won't work at all. When I try to set a speed dial no matter which way I go about it, the phone tells me it encountered a problem and wants me to choose if I should send a report or not. I have played around with this issue several times and have sent and not sent reports many times. No matter which option I choose, after it registers my choice, it immediately and briefly shows the speed dials screen then goes right back to telling me that it encountered a problem and asks to send a report! It will continue on in this ridiculous cycle indefinitely until I finally just hit the end button a bunch of times. I have tried to find information on this issue through Google searching but I have not had any luck. I use PIMbackup and that is what I used to restore after the DG21 update. Everything restored fine except any speed dials I had. I could imagine that my PIMbackup restoration could somehow be part of the problem, maybe carrying over some sort of restore data from a different ROM (for example, some of my contacts have some script line in the "notes" area that says something about HTC data from when I used Steel's ROM) but I'm really not sure what the problem is. I was running Yardis ROM and using titanium before the DG21 update came out and was having no problems with anything at all. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Tyler

The DG21 update has been pulled from both the US and Global support websites, yet remains available via ftp (?).

Interestingly, they also pulled ALL previous updates AND owners manual downloads...

Supposedly they (samsung) are working on a replacement update, as they are aware of problems with DG21.

Edited by teege51

Guest xlightwaverx

Bring it! I'll put together another Kitchen :lol:

X

The DG21 update has been pulled from both the US and Global support websites, yet remains available via ftp (?).

Interestingly, they also pulled ALL previous updates AND owners manual downloads...

Supposedly they (samsung) are working on a replacement update, as they are aware of problems with DG21.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hammerjr

Just saw the DG21 update on both verizon site and samsung site?? Is this an "updated" DG21?

Does anyone know if DG21 includes any bluetooth updates? I have strange problem where voice dial won't work via my gamin gps (zumo 665) It SEEMS to work, confirms my choice and then looks like it connects, the counter starts counting, but it never rang the other phone that was being called and never got ring on my end either? voice dial works fine when just using phone.