I just picked up my San Francisco! Findings as I go in here...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest feckineejit
anyone know if this phone has a front camera or not?

There is no front camera.

I can't seem to find an option to use mp3 as a message tone like i could with my other phone. if anyone with one of these knows how to do it or if it can been done could they let me know :-)

Edited by feckineejit

Guest southeastblue

Since Orange were pretty sure this phone wasn't available, I rung my local shop and picked up one instead ASAP just in case they suddenly stopped selling them.

Only had a quick play on it, but loving the look and feel of it from 1st impressions! Gonna take time to get used to Android with my fingers though, been so used to using phones with Windows Mobile and a stylus. :lol:

Edited by southeastblue

Guest anything-but
Since Orange were pretty sure this phone wasn't available, I rung my local shop and picked up one instead ASAP just in case they suddenly stopped selling them.

Only had a quick play on it, but loving the look and feel of it from 1st impressions! Gonna take time to get used to Android with my fingers though, been so used to using phones with Windows Mobile and a stylus. :lol:

You wasn't the bloke opposite me in the orange shop in gravesend yesterday buying one was you? B)

Guest southeastblue
You wasn't the bloke opposite me in the orange shop in gravesend yesterday buying one was you? B)

Why do you say that? Did he have a desperate look on his face to get hold of this device and get out of the shop before they decided they shouldn't be selling it? :lol:

How I felt when I was getting mine... Wanted to get in and out before they decided I couldn't have it! LOL

Anyone know how I can download applications by using my home wireless connection? Seems the Orange application wants me to use my sim cards credit to download stuff, which I don't plan to do while I'm at home.

EDIT: Don't worry, missed the Android marketplace icon was looking at the Orange specific one. B)

Edited by southeastblue

Got hold of one yesterday in Stockton-On-Tees Orange Branch.

First look and use off Android phone and OS, normally Symbiam etc but looks and responds well.

I followed this from HUKD and after all the interest on there i thought i would have to try it out.

So far well impressed for the price but cant get Win 7 64 bit drivers as the phone isnt recognized even with the drivers from this site.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for Win 7 64 bit drivers i would appreciate it.

Thanks for all 22 pages of usefull posts and info so far.

regards to all Billyhl.

Got mine today from Orange shop in Guildford.

Great phone, seems a lot more snappy than my Hero running Cyanogen 2.2.

One thing though. I thought 2.1 had exchange support if not other accounts.

The only ones offered under accounts and sync in the settings menu are google.

Have Orange removed these features to make you purchase the mail program they provide as a demo ?

Just a warning for those not willing to change roms (ha! what am I saying you're reading modaco)

Paul will your MCR add back exchange and other account sync.

Guest HugoQueiriga
Got mine today from Orange shop in Guildford.

Great phone, seems a lot more snappy than my Hero running Cyanogen 2.2.

One thing though. I thought 2.1 had exchange support if not other accounts.

The only ones offered under accounts and sync in the settings menu are google.

Have Orange removed these features to make you purchase the mail program they provide as a demo ?

Just a warning for those not willing to change roms (ha! what am I saying you're reading modaco)

Paul will your MCR add back exchange and other account sync.

Yes these apps have been removed by orange themselves, so you will need to copy across the apps yourself, quite easy to do!

I have to say... I'm following this forum more than the pulse one - and I haven't even got a blade and wont until next payday at the earliest! Payday isn't until the 15th of Oct!

Seriously though, I want it bad.

How smooth is the phone in general? And how smooth are the multitouch gestures?

Got hold of one yesterday in Stockton-On-Tees Orange Branch.

First look and use off Android phone and OS, normally Symbiam etc but looks and responds well.

I followed this from HUKD and after all the interest on there i thought i would have to try it out.

So far well impressed for the price but cant get Win 7 64 bit drivers as the phone isnt recognized even with the drivers from this site.

If anyone can point me in the right direction for Win 7 64 bit drivers i would appreciate it.

Thanks for all 22 pages of usefull posts and info so far.

regards to all Billyhl.

Not sure if this will help or not - I got the unrecognised usb error when connecting for the 1st time but as soon as I changed USB mode on the phone to "Mount" it installed the drivers automatically...

Guest feckineejit
I can't seem to find an option to use mp3 as a message tone like i could with my other phone. if anyone with one of these knows how to do it or if it can been done could they let me know :-)

MCR ROM tomorrow... B)

P

Hello Paul was your answer in reference to my post ?

If so, i'm new to android and tryed to figure out how to root the phone, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Is that what i need to do to get mp3 as message tone? :lol:

Been reading bits and pieces on how to do this but it gets to confusing after loads of different posts. I know your a busy man, but a newbie step by step on how to do it would be great. B)

Hey, I ordered last night, pretty soon before the shop closed for a bit.

Never got an email confirming my purchase, should I bring it up with orange?

I ordered one online and didn't get a email confirmation either (although I got the order confirmation page)...

P

I ordered one online and didn't get a email confirmation either (although I got the order confirmation page)...

P

Yeah, I got that. Maybe I'll be fine, I'll see come Wednesday :lol:

Guest southeastblue

P

When I ordered mine online I got email confirmation but a message to call Orange to confirm some details.

Upon calling them they had no knowledge of my order and insisted this phone is definitely not out.

I would call and double check your orderd if anyone is unsure.

Guest bobby-gg

another long time lurker here, I'm a LG GW620 user and you know how much support that has.......

Anyway, my other half is a government employee and a current orange contract user so 'may' be able to unlock direct from orange, but I'm planning on using it on a T mobile contract so don't know if I should wait until after the merger to see if that makes any difference on how the phones are supplied, or if they are going to continue as two separate independant companies.

oh, decisions, decisions!