• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Question on radio in the desireHD

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I am in australia on Telstra network, and the network operates on HSPA/WCDMA 850/2100

The phone looks like it will be released here on the optus/3 network which is HSPA/WCDMA 900/2100

with the radio frequencies, is that a hardware thing or software?

can I get it to do 850/2100 ? with rooting etc?

It would suck bigtime if I cant get this to work here.... :lol:

Posted

As far as I know its a hardware thing. The Desire HD should work fine on telstra though because the 850 band is mostly used for rural areas where Telstra has better coverage, you should still get 3G in most areas.

p.s. When you see phones in Telstra shops that say they support the "Next G Network" they have the 850 band and you'll notice not all the phones there have that :lol:

Posted

As far as I know its a hardware thing. The Desire HD should work fine on telstra though because the 850 band is mostly used for rural areas where Telstra has better coverage, you should still get 3G in most areas.

p.s. When you see phones in Telstra shops that say they support the "Next G Network" they have the 850 band and you'll notice not all the phones there have that :lol:

Thanks for that. So with my telstra desire, is the 850 band when the phone displays a "H" and the 2100 is the "3G" or what - just wondering if there is a way to see by looking at it what band I am using and what areas I will get what sort of connection depending on location...

Cheers, Marty

Posted

Thanks for that. So with my telstra desire, is the 850 band when the phone displays a "H" and the 2100 is the "3G" or what - just wondering if there is a way to see by looking at it what band I am using and what areas I will get what sort of connection depending on location...

Cheers, Marty

It gets quite confusing, but this might help somewhat:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/814630

The Desire (and like Desire HD etc) is available in different versions - You can run off 850 or 900.

I have the 850 version, and I use the Optus network (so the 850 isn't used)... but I'm in the city so I use the 2100MHz mostly anyway :-)