Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Techneut

IMPORTANT... Did you already look at this? (snatched away from another post)

The lag in the 2.1 builds is due to one line in the build.prop file!

The line by default is: debug.sf.hw=0 - it should be debug.sf.hw=1

This option controls the way the OS renders the UI!

(hw=0) Uses the CPU to render the UI and (hw=1) Uses the GPU to render the UI!

The original 1.6 builds for the Streak have this option to (1) and by some crazy reason the 2.1 builds (including Modaco's r2) have this to (0)!

This is why you think that the Build is slow!

Change the line in build.prop (located in /system/ ) with "Root Explorer" (requires root) and restart!

Now the UI will be smooth as silk!

:lol:

Guest digthemlows
IMPORTANT... Did you already look at this? (snatched away from another post)

The lag in the 2.1 builds is due to one line in the build.prop file!

The line by default is: debug.sf.hw=0 - it should be debug.sf.hw=1

This option controls the way the OS renders the UI!

(hw=0) Uses the CPU to render the UI and (hw=1) Uses the GPU to render the UI!

The original 1.6 builds for the Streak have this option to (1) and by some crazy reason the 2.1 builds (including Modaco's r2) have this to (0)!

This is why you think that the Build is slow!

Change the line in build.prop (located in /system/ ) with "Root Explorer" (requires root) and restart!

Now the UI will be smooth as silk!

:lol:

That info was grabbed from a post originally by Stephen where he posted a whole new BuildProp for folks.......one of the things in it was this change..............it's only a few down from this thread.... Here

Edited by digthemlows

Guest radddogg
not many donated as yet ill add a list to first post 2morrow tho

I've donated on Cyanogen, not sure how the devs get rewarded but I know many many people have donated there.

Guest marra2
I cant get my Streak past the Dell logo. I can get down as far as "chmod 777 dbus.conf" but from that i get "unable to chmod dbus.conf: Operation not permitted"

Any ideas?

Id like to know how you get adb to see your device when its in a boot loop ?

Guest lbj23numb1

i tried to upgrade to 2.2 and i kept getting stuck on the dell logo so i tried to do a nan restored and im stuck on the dell logo... can anyone help

Guest vinokirk

Mr Hyde: I think you need to put a massive disclaimer on the original post about novices installing the test ROM, otherwise this thread will just descend into a huge 'please unbrick my phone' thread.

Sounds harsh I know, but its true.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Mr Hyde: I think you need to put a massive disclaimer on the original post about novices installing the test ROM, otherwise this thread will just descend into a huge 'please unbrick my phone' thread.

Sounds harsh I know, but its true.

theirs a reason i haven released anything more yet :lol:

if anyone has 2.2 running at min and can get into irc #dellstreak on freenode i could use a hand checking some things

Guest marra2
i tried to upgrade to 2.2 and i kept getting stuck on the dell logo so i tried to do a nan restored and im stuck on the dell logo... can anyone help

Suggest you put update.zip i.e modaco rom r2 on your sd card then you can boot to it from custom recovery as i did when it boot looped ! Be prepared !

Guest jutley

Hi steve using your build.prop its awesome great tweek i really like the high definition resoulotion screen at 120 awesome hopw you can impliment this on the new 2.2 cynogen rom would be great really polishes the device off.

Guest lbj23numb1
Suggest you put update.zip i.e modaco rom r2 on your sd card then you can boot to it from custom recovery as i did when it boot looped ! Be prepared !

I've tried that and it still is stuck on the dell logo...I was on the att version of 1.6 before I tried to update to the 2.2

Guest popetodd
I've tried that and it still is stuck on the dell logo...I was on the att version of 1.6 before I tried to update to the 2.2

You aren't ready for this, reinstall 1.6 or 2.1 as per the instructions on the sticky threads.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok im building cm6 for a laugh as i type - i suspect this wont boot let alone work, as im using edited nexus one build scripts. - my streak will think its a nexus running 2.2.1 :lol:

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
ok im building cm6 for a laugh as i type - i suspect this wont boot let alone work, as im using edited nexus one build scripts. - my streak will think its a nexus running 2.2.1 :lol:

Go stephen. it will probably work fine. Haha

Guest OrionBG

Fingers crossed! B)

Guest jutley

are you on a learning streak steve cause you went from a 2.1 to 2.2 to cm6 2.21 now are you going for the jackpot climbing to the top of the ladder to fast to soon if you fall off its back to the bottom again :lol:

Guest miker71
Turn that frown upside down

won't it be a case of (if it does work at all) turning the Streak upside down? ;-)

good to see plenty of energy around this!!

won't it be a case of (if it does work at all) turning the Streak upside down? ;-)

The last system.img I downloaded turned the Streak screen upside down compared to the previous. Does that count? Hehe.