• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

ANDROID UPDATE

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone please help.

I have an HTC Hero and loaded a 3 UK Rom Android 1.5, from the web forums. I'm not sure if I used "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic

-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip. Does it matter?

I now get the OTA update to android 2.1, but when I try to install, I get the following;

Build : RA-hero-v1.5.2

Finding update package …

Opening update package …

Verifying update package …

E:No signature (660 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

What am I doing wrong? I'm really very new to all this.

Thank you.

Posted

Can someone please help.

I have an HTC Hero and loaded a 3 UK Rom Android 1.5, from the web forums. I'm not sure if I used "update-hero-generic-2.73.771.73-signed.zip" or update-hero-generic

-2.73.771.73-rooted-signed.zip. Does it matter?

I now get the OTA update to android 2.1, but when I try to install, I get the following;

Build : RA-hero-v1.5.2

Finding update package …

Opening update package …

Verifying update package …

E:No signature (660 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

What am I doing wrong? I'm really very new to all this.

you have a rooted hero and you can not do a factory OTA (over the air) upgrade on such device. you have two options if you want to update your phone:

1. flash one of the zillion 2.1 or 2.2 custom hero roms out there.

2. flash a factory 1.5 rom, so you'll lose your root privileges and then try to do OTA upgrade again.

i prefer first option.

Posted

I prefer option 2. flash a factory 1.5 rom, so you'll lose your root privileges and then try to do OTA upgrade again.because it means that if I get the OTA update, I will also get all the 3 stuff which can only be accessed through their network using their rom.

Therefore, how do I flash a factory 1.5 rom, what's the procedure. Thanks for your help.

you have a rooted hero and you can not do a factory OTA (over the air) upgrade on such device. you have two options if you want to update your phone:

1. flash one of the zillion 2.1 or 2.2 custom hero roms out there.

2. flash a factory 1.5 rom, so you'll lose your root privileges and then try to do OTA upgrade again.

i prefer first option.

Posted

I prefer option 2. flash a factory 1.5 rom, so you'll lose your root privileges and then try to do OTA upgrade again.because it means that if I get the OTA update, I will also get all the 3 stuff which can only be accessed through their network using their rom.

Therefore, how do I flash a factory 1.5 rom, what's the procedure. Thanks for your help.

don't know exactly, haven't tried it (need it) yet. try this. if it doesn't work go to xda forums and search for the right solution. you're not the first with such intentions.

Posted

Hhhmmm i dunno which 3 stuff your actually on about... but apparently i think it's safe to upgrade to 2.1 if you have root privileges. The 3 stuff your on about...i'm assuming is the Planet3 stuff right? Well i am on 3 also and i've rooted and upgraded, downgraded fine will full access to Planet 3.

If your refering to the My3 account (Check balance), Billing, etc... Free access to Skype, MSN, ebay access, Twitter, etc... i can confirm these are working fine using the Generic Stock roms (i.e without the 3 branding, logo's, etc..)! Apparently the Planet 3 stuff are only bookmark links. As long as your using a 3 Sim card .. all these 3 Stuff may be accessed via web link and add to your favourites (in you internet browser).. the link is ... [ghp.three.co.uk] .... without the square brackets. If you want the Free Vid's section & 3 Store for music/games etc... you can try ... [mobile9.three.co.uk].... as for free Ebay access ...try [h3g.ebay.co.uk]

But your may need to dl the APN internet settings for three first... most roms have these already.. if you don't have them... send a message and i can tell you the settings.

Hope this helps. BTW i recommend for 2.1 roms... HTC Hero [RCmix v2.1] or 2.2 .. using this rom myself seems quite good... Live wallpapers, chinese support (CIME), apps to SD (A2SD)..