[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

sorry for stupid question, if I download and flash r4 rom without using kitchen, is a2sd in ROM or I must use kithen? I use Astro file manager and I cant find A2sd...

Hello! will the online kitchen soon have a r5 in the loop built on the french version, seems like it has gotten rid of the wifi problem and has a newer build?

Maybe also some kernel changes with the kernel hacking that has been seen?

Kind regards

Henrik

Guest Junior Bear

i finally got a new rom on my san francisco thanks to the guides on here

i transfered three files onto my sd card. the stock orange rom (to go back to if any problems) the modaco 2.1 r4 one, and the 2.2 one

the modaco 2.1 works fine, so i then tried the 2.2, it wiped everything on my phone and i had to start from scratch, so what i did was go back to the modaco 2.1 (thinking that i wuold get all my settings back) but no, everything was gone and it wasnt working properly.

i had to go into clockwordmod and wipe, then reinstall 2.1 to get it working properly again. and therefore had to set up all my phones features.

i would still like 2.2 to work one day.

is there any decent stable versions or is it still in process?

im very new to all of this and am happy ive learnt how to put new roms on my device.

one more question, is there any app that can automatically end low priority apps that arent important to save battery life and improve cpu performance???

I've been using this rom for couple of weeks now and noticed one problem with wifi. It just doesn't stay connected. I turn wifi on via "Power Control" widget and it connects just fine, BUT after some time it looses the connection. I have checked settings and there it says that "connection unsuccessful press to connect", and if I press it connects with no problems at all. Is this a problem with a new rom or is it a known problem?

Guest Bob@Desire

I downloaded both ROMs:

-r4 (default kitchen options) and

-r4 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions)

I can't find any differentses between these two ROMs, is this right? The first ROM shout include Spare Parts, Titanium Backup and so on, but they aren't there.

(I'm a free user)

Edited by Bob@Desire

Guest shoobirdy

I just want so say a big thanks to everyone involved in this and the whole community!

I'm an avid iphone user and just fancied a change when I got my SF and to be honest was a little disappointed when I first got it. However, now everything's hunky dory and I'm loving having a clean "orangeless" install. It just makes the whole phone feel 10 times better imo. Being a noob I had to do a bit of research getting used to all the rooting and stuff but thanks to these forums it only took an hour or so to get my phone sorted :rolleyes:

Now just waiting for a stable froyo release then I'll be even more of a happy little bunny.

Anyway, thanks again everybody :huh:

Guest thevoid

A note of thanks to the guys that made this possible, I thought the SF was slick in stock mode but now its quite possible the quickest smartphone I've used, makes my X6 look ancient

Thanks for the ROM Paul. Just wondering what version I should download. (default kitchen options) or (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions)

Of course, I'll nandroid first. But I want to make sure I'm flashing the right one. B)

Thanks for the ROM Paul. Just wondering what version I should download. (default kitchen options) or (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions)

Of course, I'll nandroid first. But I want to make sure I'm flashing the right one. B)

I went for the default kitchen options ROM first, then found the WaveSecure was bugging me no end to register, so zapped the phone and put the no MoDaCo Additions ROM on and simply downloaded what was missing that I wanted from the previous ROM - which was Spare Parts and Titanium Backup. (I didn't want the WiFi notification app either.)

Edited by Guest

I went for the default kitchen options ROM first, then found the WaveSecure was bugging me no end to register, so zapped the phone and put the no MoDaCo Additions ROM on and simply downloaded what was missing that I wanted from the previous ROM - which was Spare Parts and Titanium Backup. (I didn't want the WiFi notification app either.)

Thanks mate. I went ahead and flashed the no additions one and it's running nicely. B)

Guest thevoid

I've had to revert back to my standard debranded rom, been having some glitches.

having great trouble with the 3g coming up with failed connection, this had happened whenever it felt like, reboot sorted until the next time it happened

sometimes the phone slowed to an absolute crawl, with it stopping halfway though animating menu selections

I'd really just like the standard rom rooted with hardware acceleration enabled, but as I'm shite I guess I'll just leave it be lol

Guest Gyurmaschine

I've flashed this rom and the colors on my screen went wrong.. All colours are changed on icons and wallpapers.. Can anyone help me pls? How can i fix this? Btw the drawer animations and UI are very fast. I have the hungarian version of ZTE Blade with 256mb ram and tft screen.

Guest stevve33

Hello everybody !

Thanx for the nice R4 release.

I have a question everytime when the Display goes in "Standby" i have to push the ON/OFF key to get the Display back on.

With original Orange Firmware i just have to press the Menu or Home Key , can someone give me a hint howto fix that back to the old Keys ?

I didnt find anything in the settings to "repair" that.

Thx in advance

Guest plantagoo

Hi Folks,

first I have to tell you that I'm not new to Android but to this "rooting" and "installing custom ROM" thing. I had a Legend and a Desire before and decided a Blade is the way to play around a little bit.

The ROM R4 and the instructions are great - I only had a little problem installing everything via my MAC. Thank you very much for that!

I'm just wondering why ZTE didn't enable the hardware acceleration?! The handset feels a lot faster.

And now I see that Android is still plagued by this WLAN failure after stand by?! Is there a fix for this? After a few hours the Blade isn't able to connect back to my WLAN - I have to switch WLAN off and then on for a reconnect.

Greetings

plant

Guest countrylad
And now I see that Android is still plagued by this WLAN failure after stand by?! Is there a fix for this? After a few hours the Blade isn't able to connect back to my WLAN - I have to switch WLAN off and then on for a reconnect.

Greetings

plant

Search the market for 'Blade Wifi Fix'. That works a dream on mine - and I tried LOTS of other methods!

HTH

Guest FrankieADZ

Hi,

I made a Rom in the Kitchen thing and when I boot it up it loops on the MoDaCo logo

I had the r4 no addons rom before and i read that u didnt need to wipe

help?

Guest cerberus03

i cant download any of the links on this website. i get redirected straight to the homepage. can someone please explain why this hapens because i need this rom badly. i install 2.2 and didnt like it so tried resotring the original but now its hangin at the orange logo.

Guest Seagull81
i cant download any of the links on this website. i get redirected straight to the homepage. can someone please explain why this hapens because i need this rom badly. i install 2.2 and didnt like it so tried resotring the original but now its hangin at the orange logo.

I think you may have to pay a subscription for the links to work?

Well,

I just loaded the rom r4 and the "modaco.com dude with the phone" is flashing periodicly. Have I bricked my phone?!?!?!

Massive fail :I

It did say, loading from sdcard compleate then there was this odd menu that said something about something but wasn't on the tutorial :P I pushed power button and the original recovery menu came up. and then pushed reboot

edit

tried to boot without sd card didn't work.

Now restoring from backup...

:D dam didn't make backup of stock recovery rom... If somebody from Saunalahti users could do that :D that would be great...

new edit

yey, back to "stock"

yet another edit

Ok?

So i need to Root it first?!

Edited by JoneK