How to tune a FM radio station

Guest moneytoo

This is an awesome piece of work, now I can stop carrying my old mobile around with me which I used for radio!!! :)

If lower frequency is being talked about, is there any chance that it'd be possible to reach 81.575Mhz? Or is that asking it too much??

Edited by J4MIE

Guest popetodd

That might be asking for too much. I am not finding any radio specific config files and I haven't look through the source yet to see if it can be modified to expand the range.

Guest puchg350

I am still waiting... :)

That might be asking for too much. I am not finding any radio specific config files and I haven't look through the source yet to see if it can be modified to expand the range.

Guest XsCode

Ok, new update for the app...

• Added 5 station presets, long press the preset button of your choice to remember the current frequency.
  • Re-centred the frequency dial
  • cleaned up a crapload of code

edit: Upload in a sec, just found an error, if you already downloaded plz get it again in a few minutes... sorry

edit: ok, I think everything should be ok now.

Streak_Radio.rar

Streak_Radio_src.rar

Edited by XsCode

Guest XsCode

looking through the bcom_fm.h I see this... don't know if anyone can do anything with it?

enum

{

BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS,

BCOMFM_BAND_JP

};

Is it possible to lower the frequency range starting from 76MHz? The FM broadcast range is different in Japan. Thanks!

Guest digthemlows

Thanks soooo much for this..................is there a way to create a toggle between speaker and headphones?? That would make this the ultimate app...............thanks!!

Guest mrmrmrmr

oh come on...

I didn't ask it several times a day.

and, I'm just asking if it would be possible somehow. I'm not asking if you can do it now.

you can say:

- no it's not possible at all

- yes it might be possible

- don't know

anyway...

Guest digthemlows
Would it be best if I delete the earlier version before installing the new one??

installed right over mine...........should be fine..........

Guest sukicat

i seem to have a problem with the Sound controls has the up and down buttons when pressed

come up with Ringer volume but don't seem to do any thing to the radio (ear phones)

Guest XsCode

The fm_hcitool doesn't currently register itself with any of the official audio channels so the volume doesn't work.

i seem to have a problem with the Sound controls has the up and down buttons when pressed

come up with Ringer volume but don't seem to do any thing to the radio (ear phones)

Guest puchg350

XsCode, thanks for some clues. I have no idea what they are, but they look like a switch between two different frequency ranges. Will you please tell me what BCOMFM is and where I can find it.

looking through the bcom_fm.h I see this... don't know if anyone can do anything with it?

enum

{

BCOMFM_BAND_EUUS,

BCOMFM_BAND_JP

};

Guest rza.android

hi is it possible to dev a tv tuner?

and does the bcm support digital radio?

checkout this link at the FM section, FM transmit via v4l2

http://natisbad.org/N900/n900-commented-hardware-specs.html

and this link dev app for v4l2 on android

http://blog.joez.co.cc/?p=46

...quick edit just found this

http://hothardware.com/News/Innocomm-Launc...oid-Smartphone/

to be updated to digital tv

Edited by rza.android

Guest wyxwyx

Even if you try to set the volume with the buttons it getting lower..

Another feature would be nice: automatic setting of the stations...