Android 2.1 Update From LG

Guest mixlis

Can you pls give me the link for english KDZ Updater .i wanna add this to first post.

Also if new roms are out post here too :)

....I found english updater post here new roms

ty

Edited by mixlis

Guest gorantz

People help me, I took phone lg 540 about 2 days ago, and I just tried to process the upgrade to 2.1 as described, but procedure took over 15 minutes with blue screen on for 8-9 minutes and nothing was happening, so I clicked on ?????? and then I got some message on my computer that there was some error. I disconnected my phone from computer while the blue screen with text ''emergency'' was still on phone. I tried to turn off my phone but I couldn't, so I remove the battery and turn it off, when I tried to turn it on, it comes only till part where is LG logo and that is all. I cannot turn on my phone anymre :)

What should I do now ? Pls help :)

P.S. When I was upgrading I forgotten to put usb in debugging mode :(

Guest brqueiros
People help me, I took phone lg 540 about 2 days ago, and I just tried to process the upgrade to 2.1 as described, but procedure took over 15 minutes with blue screen on for 8-9 minutes and nothing was happening, so I clicked on ?????? and then I got some message on my computer that there was some error. I disconnected my phone from computer while the blue screen with text ''emergency'' was still on phone. I tried to turn off my phone but I couldn't, so I remove the battery and turn it off, when I tried to turn it on, it comes only till part where is LG logo and that is all. I cannot turn on my phone anymre :)

What should I do now ? Pls help :)

Try the combination volume down+home+search button for 5 seconds to enter on download mode and then try to reflash. If the computer do not recognize the phone disable lge virtual modem on the control panel

Guest ilovelg
People help me, I took phone lg 540 about 2 days ago, and I just tried to process the upgrade to 2.1 as described, but procedure took over 15 minutes with blue screen on for 8-9 minutes and nothing was happening, so I clicked on ?????? and then I got some message on my computer that there was some error. I disconnected my phone from computer while the blue screen with text ''emergency'' was still on phone. I tried to turn off my phone but I couldn't, so I remove the battery and turn it off, when I tried to turn it on, it comes only till part where is LG logo and that is all. I cannot turn on my phone anymre :(

What should I do now ? Pls help :(

1. Use English KDZ updater. (Download it from here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M6SPX17D )

2. Put in the USB Cable.

3. Launch KDZ Updater And choose the PhoneMode from DIAG to EMERGENCY.

4. Boot the phone up into Emergency/Download Mode ( VOL DOWN + POWER )

5. Load the ROM in KDZ Updater. ( Use Baltic/Greek/France/CIS roms )

6. Press Launch software update button.

7. ???

8. Profit.

Hope you will get this fixed :)

• MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ANDROID DRIVERS INSTALLED, IF YOU HAVE LG PC SUITE, THAT MEANS U HAVE IT. IF YOU DONT, DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:
http://files.gameworld.kz/c5z46n1ukk.html
  • MAKE SURE IN KDZ UPDATER TYPE IS SET TO: 3GQCT.
    • IF THE METHOD STILL DOSNT WORK TRY TO DISABLE LGE VIRTUAL MODEM IN THE CONTROL PANEL OF YOUR WINDOWS OS.

I DID NOT TEST IF THIS METHOD WORK, ITS ONLY A THEORY, BUT IT SHOULD WORK. PLEASE RESPOND AND LET US KNOW DOES IT WORK NOW. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE, RIGHT ? :) IF THE PHONE WILL GET BRICKED JUST SEND IT TOO LG WARANTY AND TELL THEM THEY SOLD U A FUCKD UP PHONE AND MAKE ANGRY FACE, SOMETHING LIKE THIS: >:[

GOOD LUCK.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest gorantz
Try the combination volume down+home+search button for 5 seconds to enter on download mode and then try to reflash. If the computer do not recognize the phone disable lge virtual modem on the control panel

Thank you for your advice, I somehow manage to upgrade to 2.1.

Here is what I did, first I disabled LG android modem on my computer, then I plug usb in back of my computer (not in front usb slots, maybe they where in bad condition) and then I started upgrade to 2.1

Guest ilovelg
Thank you for your advice, I somehow manage to upgrade to 2.1.

Here is what I did, first I disabled LG android modem on my computer, then I plug usb in back of my computer (not in front usb slots, maybe they where in bad condition) and then I started upgrade to 2.1

Wonderful, i wrote a wall of text for nothing, QQ, anyway congratulations, enjoy your fresh 2.1 ! :)

Edited by ilovelg

Guest gorantz
Wonderful, i wrote a wall of text for nothing, QQ, anyway congratulations, enjoy your fresh 2.1 ! :)

Thank you very much, I am thankful for your post :)

Guest yatindestel

hello everyone!

i bought the phone just yesterday in india.

can anyone look up and give me the necessary files for the update in india?

the updater by LG is not moving beyond 4-5 % (LGMobile phone software update toolinstall) and hence i am not able to update the phone.

thnx

Guest yatindestel

KDZ FW upd file not running on my comp.

win7 64 bit. :-o

help.

have downloaded the indian KDZ file, bt cant do anything.

the LG mobile phone software tool install also doesnt work.

and lg pc suite is trying to connect to something for almost 20 mins now. not the phone, it has connected to it.

stuck. please help

Guest fdespotovski
The Russian confused me also, but I just sort of used my years of Computer common-sense and clicked what I thought was right.

I made sure that I re-wrote the Russian tut in a language I understood as I did it myself over at Android Forums.

The one problem I am having here is synchronising contacts from Facebook. They are now read-only, meaning you cannot edit them with a phone number you might have for them. Instead you have to have two contacts that cannot be joined up. And if I try to join them, an Android process crashes.

Contacts saved on Facebook also don't show up when they call me once sync has been completed. It just shows the actual number, rather than the contact or their photo, which is something I didn't have a problem on 1.6.

I tried to update my optimus with kdz,i got the blue screen,but when it reached 4% the phone booted itself and then I unplugged it from the pc.was there anything wrong?

I tried this method with the P500 and the according ROM for it. Now, i cant turn it one anymore. does anyone have the key-combo to boot into recovery mode for the p500? all the ones given here seem not to work... i really need some help here! cheers :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest donfunzz

Hi! this is really depressing for me cuz since im a korean and all the korean features are gone,

especially when writing messages (I can no longer write korean.. all other languages are fine tho)

And music, half the korean music doesn't read korean, it reads in Russian characters,

since i updated mine with a V20B_00.kdz from a Russian website.

SO, when the official 2.1 update comes out in NZ, can i update mine again?!!!!!

because I am already using 2.1-update1....... I really want to get back to the normal update.

Guest AerospaceMango
Hi! this is really depressing for me cuz since im a korean and all the korean features are gone,

especially when writing messages (I can no longer write korean.. all other languages are fine tho)

And music, half the korean music doesn't read korean, it reads in Russian characters,

since i updated mine with a V20B_00.kdz from a Russian website.

SO, when the official 2.1 update comes out in NZ, can i update mine again?!!!!!

because I am already using 2.1-update1....... I really want to get back to the normal update.

Yes...you can flash another 2.1 ROM over the current 2.1 ROM, and there should be no ill effects!

• 1 month later...
Guest VoxT3R

Hi guys.

Could do with some help if possible. I updated my girlfriends LG GT540 from android 1.6 to 2.1.

Her phone is a dutch operator/brand. I updated with the UK rom as suggested by another site (cant remember which). All was ok whilst she was over in the UK, but now shes back in Holland, she is having problems getting on the internet and using apps such as Google Talk, MSN etc.

She can make calls etc and the phone can connect via Wifi, so I know that the phone does work, just no connection is getting out to her internet etc whilst she is on the move away from her Wifi connection.

Maybe there are some settings somewhere that need amending to suit Holland usage. Or do I need to re-flash her phone with a different rom?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue, and maybe explain where the settings are (or correct rom to use) to fix this small problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by VoxT3R

Guest ThornInMySide
Hi guys.

Could do with some help if possible. I updated my girlfriends LG GT540 from android 1.6 to 2.1.

Her phone is a dutch operator/brand. I updated with the UK rom as suggested by another site (cant remember which). All was ok whilst she was over in the UK, but now shes back in Holland, she is having problems getting on the internet and using apps such as Google Talk, MSN etc.

She can make calls etc and the phone can connect via Wifi, so I know that the phone does work, just no connection is getting out to her internet etc whilst she is on the move away from her Wifi connection.

Maybe there are some settings somewhere that need amending to suit Holland usage. Or do I need to re-flash her phone with a different rom?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue, and maybe explain where the settings are (or correct rom to use) to fix this small problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Sounds like you need to get the APN settings for your Dutch network operator (might be on their website) and enter them into SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORK SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORK SETTINGS>ACCESS POINT NAMES

Thorny

Guest VoxT3R
Hi,

Sounds like you need to get the APN settings for your Dutch network operator (might be on their website) and enter them into SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORK SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORK SETTINGS>ACCESS POINT NAMES

Thorny

Hi Thorny.

I was hoping that it was just a small case of putting in the Dutch network information.

Thanks for the confirmation pal! :unsure:

Hi again.

Just a quick update. My girlfriend contacted the dutch vodafone operator and they sent her a text message containing the settings data.

All is now working perfectly.

Thanks once again!

Edited by VoxT3R

Guest DeadmanWNC

Hi, upgraded last night 1.6 to 2.1 went OK. However, how do I now use PCSuite to sync outlook contacts with my phone?

I am using Outlook 2007. On the phone Accounts and synch settings, I don't have outlook listed as an option.

If I setup PCSuite to synch, it appears to go thru the motions of copying the data over but when I look on the phone no contacts>!>!>

Hope somebody can help PLEASE....

Guest Gilbz123
Hi, upgraded last night 1.6 to 2.1 went OK. However, how do I now use PCSuite to sync outlook contacts with my phone?

I am using Outlook 2007. On the phone Accounts and synch settings, I don't have outlook listed as an option.

If I setup PCSuite to synch, it appears to go thru the motions of copying the data over but when I look on the phone no contacts>!>!>

Hope somebody can help PLEASE....

Ok, export your contacts as *.vcf then copy it to a folder in your sd card, then go to your phone contacts and find the menu for import from sd card... that's it! that's the problem with this updated 2.1, sync with pc is not working... enjoy! :D

Guest nektarios_nick

Hello! I would like a help! Download the driver for installation ... in which everything was fine but for GREECE had a problem with this network! I made the mistake of reinstalling the 1.6 to 2.1 as I was and then the lg gt 540 optimus necrosis! is lit and stops on its brand lg!!

I would like help;;

Thanks!