WiFi issue

Guest robot1000

Guest Blasphemous

Yeah, Wifi Fixer seems to be restoring Wifi. Will keep and eye on it and see what happens. Hopefully this free app will solve the problem..... Just need a better battery now! :)

Guest yee_har

Just to continue building the picture...no problem here (thankfully) using a Netgear DGN2000 gateway ("WPA & WPA2"; MAC address filtering)...with/without BT....coming out of sleep/powered off then on/in and out of Airplane mode.

(ROM etc. as it left the factory....not for long though)

Edited by yee_har

Guest Spinone UK
I still think its a bug with the phone that only affects certain routers with a certain settings.

I have the 'Wifi Bug' with my router at home (Netgear DG834Gv5). My phone only connects once the router is reset. However, if it looses the wifi signal or i turn off the wifi on the phone, it wont reconnect. The phone can see the router but wont establish a connection unless i restart the router.

However, i dont get this problem at work. And i've tried two other routers at home. All work 100%. I can switch off the phone, turn off wifi, let the phone sleep, let wifi turn off when the screen goes off. I always get a connection back again.

So, for some reason my Netgear router wont let the phone re-join. I'm sure its something to do with the phone not having a network name. (its blank)

I think your theory is correct, I have exactly the same problem, also using a Netgear DG834Gv5. I'm going to try a firmware upgrade to the router at the weekend and see if that helps. I haven't found a way of assigning a network name to the phone either but I'm sure this would correct the problem. WIFI is fine on a couple of other routers I've tried.

Guest cmberry20

I'm running the latest firmware on my DG834Gv5 & its made no difference.

How about this:

Can people here list what router they are having problems with their SF connecting to & also list routers that you have no problems with.

Guest fradleyp
I can confirm that I fixed my problem using Tasker (with no prior training whatsoever :))

simple sequence: If screen off Then Switch Wifi off Then Switch Wifi on.

Voila!

Could you let me know how to do this, installed tasker but I can't understand what I'm doing

Hi

Wifi Fixer seems to have "fixed it for me"

When switching on from sleep. Wifi fixer tries a reassociate then a reconect then finally if that fails turns off and on wifi automatically. Take a few secs but at least it works without any manual intervention by me

ern

Guest fradleyp
I can confirm that I fixed my problem using Tasker (with no prior training whatsoever :))

simple sequence: If screen off Then Switch Wifi off Then Switch Wifi on.

Voila!

step by step guide?

Guest Nick Rhodes

Has anyone tried turning off their phone taking battery out and turning back on ?

I've just done the above and at the moment - I won't say its a conclusive solution, but my wireless has lost connection and reconnected by itself tonight when usually it fails to reconnect after I go into the wireless blackspot in our house.

My issue has occurred on stock and all the Modaco versions.

Guest Cobble
Has anyone tried turning off their phone taking battery out and turning back on ?

I've just done the above and at the moment - I won't say its a conclusive solution, but my wireless has lost connection and reconnected by itself tonight when usually it fails to reconnect after I go into the wireless blackspot in our house.

My issue has occurred on stock and all the Modaco versions.

I've removed the battery a few time what with flashing ROMs and whatnot, and it's made no difference.

Plugging the phone into the charger or my laptop has been the only way of solving the issue for me.

Guest dunconio
Hi

Wifi Fixer seems to have "fixed it for me"

When switching on from sleep. Wifi fixer tries a reassociate then a reconect then finally if that fails turns off and on wifi automatically. Take a few secs but at least it works without any manual intervention by me

ern

I have the same wifi issue and my router is a D-Link DIR-655.

I tried various Wifi fixer-type apps, most of which just didn't work reliably. But I need a solution that stops the wifi from disconnecting at all. My Blade is set to never disconnect, because I want to be able to use apps like Android Desktop ad hoc.

Conversely, my Pulse (running flb1.7) has had no connection problems whatsoever with the same router. It stays connected all the time.

I really hope that someone can get the kernel source from ZTE, then maybe we can get a proper fix.

Guest BenedictW

My 2p:

Stock ROM, no bluetooth, BT Homehub2(the black one).

Downloaded WifiReEnabler from the marketplace and it appears to have solved the problem for me.

Hi All

Wifi fixed/cured !?

Last night I installed both Skype and an video calling app called Tango

Yesterday and today I came home from work and the SF auto hooked up to my router :)

I have since turned off the screen and tested a few times and when switching on screen it is reconnecting again

I then did a kill all apps and checked that wifi was working. Walked down the road till I lost signel. Put the phone in my pocket and came home 5 mins later. This time it did not connect

Did a full reboot and took a walk again came back and was working OK. Phone picked up wifi again automatically

So I think from a fresh reboot all is well. If I use the built in app killer to close all apps I start geting reconnection issue

My guess is installing Skype, Tango (and wifi fixer) has somehow cured the issue

Im pretty sure just installing Skype and Tango was enough to cure this issue

As i have been playing around with my new toy so much I tended to kill apps loaded regulary as soon as i do that the reconnectiion issue comes back and I have to use Wifi fixer to fix it

Or do a full reboot

Its worth a try to intstall these apps one at a time to see if any of them help.

ern

Guest David Horvath

I'm listening to online radios a lot, and the screen turns off, the wifi also. Can this be solved somehow? I'm using wifi fixer, what fixes the reconnecting issue, but i need wifi all the time.

Guest mike557

Switching from stock rom to R3 and back again has made no difference to my wifi problem.

The wifi drops when going into standby no matter which rom is in use :)

Edited by mike557

Guest oh!dougal
I'm listening to online radios a lot, and the screen turns off, the wifi also. Can this be solved somehow? ...

Its a simple setting - just hidden!

Settings, Wireless & networks, then Wi-Fi settings -- then press Menu! Press Advanced on the pop-up menu and THEN you can choose your "Wi-Fi sleep policy".

Note that this is also where one could put in a Static IP address if one wanted to.

Guest Horváth Dávid
Its a simple setting - just hidden!

Settings, Wireless & networks, then Wi-Fi settings -- then press Menu! Press Advanced on the pop-up menu and THEN you can choose your "Wi-Fi sleep policy".

Note that this is also where one could put in a Static IP address if one wanted to.

That was the first think what i have set, when i got the SF. Its not working. Is it working for anybody?

Guest oh!dougal
That was the first think what i have set, when i got the SF. Its not working. Is it working for anybody?

Interesting - but is it the wifi, the app or the sound output that IS going to sleep?

Guest jdtanner

Well I just found out that if wifi is enabled and up and running, the phone doesn't seem to want to pair with my laptop. If is disable wifi, then pairing works...wonderful :)