Tried 2.1, want to go back to 1.6. How?? Any help please.

Guest new123

Ok i flashed my phone to 2.1 just to see what it was like, and to see what was new in 2.1.. BUt im not really keen on having to use other programs to get the correct locale and other things.

So i want to go back to the original firmware (1.6) that was on my phone and wait until the official UK release of 2.1 then update then.

Can someone tell me how?

After flashing from v10a CPW to v20b, kdz_fw_upd and kp500 utils dont seem to want to flash back to v10a, it starts the flashing, reboots the phone into download mode, then brings up and error messages, same happens if i go into download mode first, then connect phone to the pc and try flashing that way.. And yes ive disabled the modem in device manager. After the rror happens the phone no longer boots and just stays on the LG logo screen, so the onyl way to get the phone working is to flash the v20b kdz again, then it works fine, but obivousyl its still in 2.1

How can i get back to 1.6, v10a?

Hope someone can help

Ok i flashed my phone to 2.1 just to see what it was like, and to see what was new in 2.1.. BUt im not really keen on having to use other programs to get the correct locale and other things.

So i want to go back to the original firmware (1.6) that was on my phone and wait until the official UK release of 2.1 then update then.

Can someone tell me how?

After flashing from v10a CPW to v20b, kdz_fw_upd and kp500 utils dont seem to want to flash back to v10a, it starts the flashing, reboots the phone into download mode, then brings up and error messages, same happens if i go into download mode first, then connect phone to the pc and try flashing that way.. And yes ive disabled the modem in device manager. After the rror happens the phone no longer boots and just stays on the LG logo screen, so the onyl way to get the phone working is to flash the v20b kdz again, then it works fine, but obivousyl its still in 2.1

How can i get back to 1.6, v10a?

Hope someone can help

It is very simple, u can not go back to 1.6.

but when 2.1 will be available from the u.k then u will be able to "update" to it.

also there is a thread here about downloading an app from market to fix the locale situation.

Ive already downloaded the app and changed the locale. (i also found out after you have changed your locale to uk, you can actually uninstall the morelocale 2 app from the phone completely, yet the changes will remain which is quite handy.

So if there is no way to go back...

Then will flashing from v20b to the official uk 2.1 rom be straght forward and work fine? And after i do it, the phone should be just as though it was updated officially from 1.6uk to 2.1uk?

Basically in the end, i want to end up with the proper offical 2.1 firmware on my phone when its released.

SO in short even though you cant flash to an older firmware, such as 2.1 to 1.6, you can flash 2.1 to another 2.1 without any problems, just teh same as peopel did when they flashed to different 1.6 kdz's beacuse they dditn have the market app on their phone or other things..

Edited by new123

Guest qwerta369
If you flash from Baltic 2.1 to UK 2.1, will the apps you downloaded stay or will there be a reset?

They should stay. Flashing from UK CPW 1.6 to HK 1.6 the apps stayed,

Ive already downloaded the app and changed the locale. (i also found out after you have changed your locale to uk, you can actually uninstall the morelocale 2 app from the phone completely, yet the changes will remain which is quite handy.

So if there is no way to go back...

Then will flashing from v20b to the official uk 2.1 rom be straght forward and work fine? And after i do it, the phone should be just as though it was updated officially from 1.6uk to 2.1uk?

Basically in the end, i want to end up with the proper offical 2.1 firmware on my phone when its released.

SO in short even though you cant flash to an older firmware, such as 2.1 to 1.6, you can flash 2.1 to another 2.1 without any problems, just teh same as peopel did when they flashed to different 1.6 kdz's beacuse they dditn have the market app on their phone or other things..

yes u will be able to, but if i may ask, why would u want to?

Guest joeymk
This is sucks.....2.1 he "kill" my battery...... 2 days...i don't like.

NO it does not, if u use it like it's suppose to do. Turn of life wallpapers, gps or something like that and you don't have problem. I have AT LEAST 3 days battery