orange san francisco

Guest gary hancock

Guest gary hancock

hi guys just found this fab forum and seen some of the reviews on youtube.please would you help me out.ive just purchased this new orange san francisco handset which is fab especially for the price.my only problem is im self employed and need emails to my phone quickly from my aol account.it tells me in the manual to tap the menu button then tap all programs then go to email which on my handset just says mail.ive gone onto the different accounts and put in my details etc and it does then retrieve my emails about every 30 mins or so but according to the manual and after speaking to orange i should have an option to go to manual set up and be able to put in port numbers and set times for auto retrieve etc etc but after many hours cant find this option.please help.regards gary

Guest AndyHibberd

Gary, sounds like you want "Push Mail" which as far as I know is supported by Gmail and maybe others. With this method as soon as you get a gmail it pops up on your phone.

Perhaps consider using a gmail account and routing your other mail through this? I have done this with my hotmail account.

Then as you are a business user you might want a more feature filled email client, have a look at K9.

Andy

hi guys just found this fab forum and seen some of the reviews on youtube.please would you help me out.ive just purchased this new orange san francisco handset which is fab especially for the price.my only problem is im self employed and need emails to my phone quickly from my aol account.it tells me in the manual to tap the menu button then tap all programs then go to email which on my handset just says mail.ive gone onto the different accounts and put in my details etc and it does then retrieve my emails about every 30 mins or so but according to the manual and after speaking to orange i should have an option to go to manual set up and be able to put in port numbers and set times for auto retrieve etc etc but after many hours cant find this option.please help.regards gary

From my experience, GMAIL pulling from a different account doesn't happen real-time. New mails are pulled every x-minutes (gmail sets this I think) So it won't be real-time. (stand to be corrected)

If you try the "email" application (not sure if it was in the stock ROM, but definitely in Paul's R3 custom rom), you should be able to setup your aol account (if it works iwht pop/imap). Then, in the account settings, you can set the "Email check frequency" - up to every 5 minutes.