WinXP/7 ZTE Blade drivers and ADB

Guest jsplace

Guest 90180360
I've updated my modified drivers to fully support 32bit and 64bit Windows Vista & Windows 7 as well as 32bit XP and Windows 2000. http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

You will probably need to install the drivers manually from the device manager. Ignore any warnings about them being unsigned.

Did anyone have any luck with those drivers?

Can't get this to work now :/

I did it successfully a couple of days ago when I for the first time installed a custom rom on my Blade. Everything went well and I managed to get Paul's r3 and everything is fine except that I can't get the drivers to work so I can't install a new version of Clockworks Mod.

When i connect my phone with USB now there shows up 4 (instead of 2 as previously) ZTE HSUSB devices and windows just won't find the drivers when I point them to the folder with the drivers (which worked just fine previously). I've tried with Fibblesans drivers too but no luck there either.

Any suggestions? Otherwise I guess I'll just install Linux and do it from there or does it work from an virtual enviroment of Linux?

Edited by skoo

Guest tanivula

I did it successfully a couple of days ago when I for the first time installed a custom rom on my Blade. Everything went well and I managed to get Paul's r3 and everything is fine except that I can't get the drivers to work so I can't install a new version of Clockworks Mod.

When i connect my phone with USB now there shows up 4 (instead of 2 as previously) ZTE HSUSB devices and windows just won't find the drivers when I point them to the folder with the drivers (which worked just fine previously). I've tried with Fibblesans drivers too but no luck there either.

Any suggestions? Otherwise I guess I'll just install Linux and do it from there or does it work from an virtual enviroment of Linux?

I think its a case of the phone changing it's device ID now that 2.2 has been installed. I think the drivers might need a tweak to add the new ID in?

Just installed another ROM - Flibblesan's Froyo R5a, and now I just cannot get the phone hooked up to my PC! I've tried everything, and downloaded every single driver I can find, but nothing works.. I put it into bootmode, and it installed all the hardware without hesitation, but when I hook it up when the phone is fully booted it just wont install.

I've tried turning off USB Debug, but still with no results - What is up? Anyone got any ideas? I'm pretty annoyed right now. The last time when I reinstalled the stock ROM, the phone wouldn't install either, but then I came back on the next day and it worked..

If I turn on USB Storage, then I can access the SD card - but ZTE HSUSB still comes up as new hardware and wont install.

Guest matjc82

I've had exactly the same problem. Jdspace's drivers worked well for the initial installation of the custom rom but once I installed froyo 2.2 the drivers were no longer recognized. However, the below drivers now do work for me! Using Vista 64bit

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?showto...amp;mode=linear

Guest mecha_matt

Hi Everyone!

I hope this doesn't sound stupid - I am no phone expert but competant with computers, and after 3 days of tearing my hair out with my SF I am ready to give up!

I was a victim of the dreaded (negligent?) launcherpro cancellation and I am trying to use your steps/drivers to be able to either install the update, access my laptop's internet on my phone, or just reset the phone and start again. Anyway, I am following your steps and when I plug in the phone I only get one HSUSB driver in my device menu, and I am only currently able to install the ADB Composite driver and not the Single one.

Is this something to do with the launcher not being active, or am I missing something? I have only ever seen one HSUSB when accessing my device manager in this way. In ADB, I currently get my device detected (adb devices) but it just says 'device offline' and I can't use any other commands.

As I said, I am reasonably computer literate though the phone stuff is new to me. The instructions here seem relatively straightforward, which makes my failure to implement them all the more maddening! I am really ready to give up so any assistance would be truly great. I am running win7 32.

Thanks in advance for your time

Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SqueakyG

Hi, can someone help me with this? I don't know if it's a driver problem, or me having no idea how ADB works.

I'm very new to this, so I can follow instructions but I can't really understand them. This ADB stuff is way over my head. I've searched the forums as much as I can, but none of the guides seem to be about usb/adb/command line stuff any more.

Big edit: I think I know what I did wrong. I wasn't seeing my device listed using ADB.

I was trying to do this while the phone was connected in the "boot with volume up" way. So I tried doing it while the phone was connected the normal way whilst switched on (with USB debugging on), and now I seem to have some access. Not that the commands are working... so I still have a lot to learn I guess...

Edited by SqueakyG

Guest SqueakyG

Okay, so here is my problem. I'm a newbie trying to understand ADB and terminal stuff. [Edit: I have deleted a huge long post about ADB stuff. I got it figured out. Since I'm just following commands without knowing how it works, I wasn't understanding the mistakes I was making. Sorted now... I think]

Edited by SqueakyG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest cingosa

Thanks this is working... correct i get the 3 drivers to work

but i cannot get to the SD card from my pc (win 7 64 bit)

i need to upload the files to the SD card

i keep getting the Green Droid logo

or the ClockworkMod recovery screen

even after restoring the previous backup, i cannot go any further..

please help

Guest adelkhaled

Hello,

It's my first message and i'm happy to be a new member of your website. Thanks to all for your work and your help.

I have a problem with my friend's zte blade. It's asking me the security scheme but he forgot it. So i want to make a hard reset. I have perfectly followed all your procedure with fastboot but it's still asking me to connect the phone (waiting for device).

The 2 first devices have been correctly installed (SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface), but the SingleBootloader has not been installed. I have tried with 2 PC but it's the same thing. Is it a new version of the Blade ? Can you help me please ? :)

Thanks to all.

• 7 months later...

Hey, just create an account on this forum just to say, thanks you legend, to jsplace. Mainly for your original links, they actually worked :D the drivers on Googles site hated me for some reason!