Root LG GT540 with 1 click running 2.1 OS

Guest joestone

Guest Inah
This topic is made for people who is not able to follow the original guide and want to root their phone.

This guide was made in cooperation with doubletakeit.

!!!! Use it to Your own risk !!!!!!

This is simple method. Download the zip file. Extract it. Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.

Put Your phone to USB Debugging mode , and double click to root.bat found in the rootgt540 folder. After the phone reboots it is rooted.

To unroot the Phone turn on USB Debugging mode , double click to the unroot.bat in the gt540 folder.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63708l]

Navigate to settings.

Select it.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63709l]

Select application.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63710l]

Turn on USB Debugging mode.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63711l]

i tried doing this but my phone did not restart. what do you think seems to be the problem?

thanks!

Guest meathane

i tried this terrible tutorial to try and root my phone to make it less s***. what type of manufacturer allows apps to be on the phone (Sims 3) that dont even launch. didn't work.

everyday i regret selling my iPhone, android makes me want to kill myself

Guest elyxir

I rooted the phone without any issue with z4root.

i tried this terrible tutorial to try and root my phone to make it less s***. what type of manufacturer allows apps to be on the phone (Sims 3) that dont even launch. didn't work.

everyday i regret selling my iPhone, android makes me want to kill myself

Dude, it's just a phone! Don't kill yourself, it's not worth it. Go and buy 10x more expensive iPhone and be happy. I got new GT540 for 60 € without any obligation (contract) to my mobile operator. ;)

Edited by elyxir

Guest gautamrammohan
This topic is made for people who is not able to follow the original guide and want to root their phone.

This guide was made in cooperation with doubletakeit.

!!!! Use it to Your own risk !!!!!!

This is simple method. Download the zip file. Extract it. Find the extracted rootgt540 folder and open it from your favorite file manager.

Put Your phone to USB Debugging mode , and double click to root.bat found in the rootgt540 folder. After the phone reboots it is rooted.

To unroot the Phone turn on USB Debugging mode , double click to the unroot.bat in the gt540 folder.

Navigate to settings.

Select it.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63709l]

Select application.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63710l]

Turn on USB Debugging mode.

[/urindex.php?act=attach&type=post&id=63711l]

Hi..i tried this method..bt im getting a cmd msge that device not found...den noting happens..pls temme wt to do..thnx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest bbazsa5

Hy

a followed the steps,i download that zip file,unzip,click to root.bat but its wrote "device not found"

I have a Hungarian Vodafone lg gt540 with original 2.1 rom.and i put to usb-debugging mod.

Can anybody help me?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest cooldroid

Help please I followed the instructions and when running root.bat i get 'error: device not found'. Anyone know why that is?

• 9 months later...