Daskalos B7610 Sense 2.5.2019 ROM

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos
can't play any videos that were working earlier, am i the only one facing this problem or some one else is also facing it...

There maybe two solutions to your "problem"

1. You need Samsung Media Player

Because this is in megalite, Samsung apps are removed, including this player that is good in playing different formats. Just install it back or install other capable players like TCPMP, CorePlayer, Pocket Player, Smart Movie etc.

2. The default app that opens media files

If you read the first post this is posted:

1. HTC Album is cooked in and it replaces the way media files are open.Unfortunately HTC Album is slow in opening some formats (like .png). To edit this use Resco Explorer (included) and set the preferred app to open your media file in default.

If HTC Album messes up the way that media files are open, you can do this:

1. Install your preferred media player or for example you want WMP open *.avi files

2. Open Resco Explorer, look for the *.avi file, tap and hold, tap open, select "open with"

3. Select the preferred app that you want to use every time a *.avi file is open (for example choose WMPlayer). Then tap "Always use this program to open this file type". The tap Done

By doing this, every time you open a *.avi, it will be opened by your preferred player.

You can do this to other files as well

There maybe two solutions to your "problem"

1. You need Samsung Media Player

Because this is in megalite, Samsung apps are removed, including this player that is good in playing different formats. Just install it back or install other capable players like TCPMP, CorePlayer, Pocket Player, Smart Movie etc.

2. The default app that opens media files

If you read the first post this is posted:

If HTC Album messes up the way that media files are open, you can do this:

1. Install your preferred media player or for example you want WMP open *.avi files

2. Open Resco Explorer, look for the *.avi file, tap and hold, tap open, select "open with"

3. Select the preferred app that you want to use every time a *.avi file is open (for example choose WMPlayer). Then tap "Always use this program to open this file type". The tap Done

By doing this, every time you open a *.avi, it will be opened by your preferred player.

You can do this to other files as well

i did install the samsung media player, not sure wats wrong, it just stays blank screen..

Guest cappuccina

Hi everyone!

Didn't install or do anything on my device for a long time now, but THIS ROM i had to try!

Really great work Daskalos! I like the new and good performance of sense and the new icons etc. THANKS FOR THAT! :)

I also have to say that I have some problems with video files. I did install the Samsung media player, and I had weird issues. He played the files but really fast and without audio just a "crashing-like" tone.

Now I have Core Player and its better, but sometimes I have the feelling the videos are played in 'segments' like pictures played after another...(sorry but I don't know how to explain better) Not every Video, maybe its format related?!?! I'm not sure.

Before with the experiment or other megalites I didn't have that. Windows Media Player doesn't even want to play the files, as if they were corrupted.

Guest daskalos
Hi everyone!

Didn't install or do anything on my device for a long time now, but THIS ROM i had to try!

Really great work Daskalos! I like the new and good performance of sense and the new icons etc. THANKS FOR THAT! :)

I also have to say that I have some problems with video files. I did install the Samsung media player, and I had weird issues. He played the files but really fast and without audio just a "crashing-like" tone.

Now I have Core Player and its better, but sometimes I have the feelling the videos are played in 'segments' like pictures played after another...(sorry but I don't know how to explain better) Not every Video, maybe its format related?!?! I'm not sure.

Before with the experiment or other megalites I didn't have that. Windows Media Player doesn't even want to play the files, as if they were corrupted.

are you sure you installed Samsung Media Player for Megalite?

Other things to try:

- disable gfx boost

- Check if turbo3D detects some other apps other than manila.exe

Guest tjeerdos

great new rom just flashed it

sorry to say i have the same problems with the video. tried the things you say. but the problem is still there.

greets tjeerd

Guest cappuccina

hmm honestly I don't know if it was specifically for megalites :-)

i used the Samsung Touch Player.cab from your Samsung batch for 23547 from baaaack then :)

Disable GFX Boost I tried

and Turbos3D says only manila.exe

Guest Duongluong

daskalo, this wm 6.5 brings much more Ram. after booting, i have 56mb ram. great!

now it works even faster than last verson.

one thing i miss from your last rom is hd2 youtube. it's very easy to watch. how can i find it now

daskalo i really wanna donate you but i'm in vietnam where paypal and credit card not popular. i do not have paypal account to donate. quite sorry!

you are making many b7610 users feel interesting with this device!!!

Guest darthveda
I had the same problem,After trying all the settings It didn't work for me either BUT since I did a soft-reset I became OK.

Yep, the soft reset did the trick... the mysteries of win-mo never keeps our experience with it dull :)

Guest daskalos
coreplayer and others works but stutters

greetsss tjeerd

try this:

Set the Video renderer to DirectDraw, then go into the DirectDraw settings page, set the overlay format to YUY2, untick the top two checkboxes and tick "use device stretching"

Guest sakisds

In the 6.5 version, is there anyway to get the notification screen back? It won't come up when I press up there(and these icons are so small to press alone).

Guest tjeerdos
try this:

Set the Video renderer to DirectDraw, then go into the DirectDraw settings page, set the overlay format to YUY2, untick the top two checkboxes and tick "use device stretching"

sorry mate, still stutters. hope there is a solution for this. i really do. love this rom. but can't mis the video's

please have an solution.....

greets tjeerd

Guest daskalos
In the 6.5 version, is there anyway to get the notification screen back? It won't come up when I press up there(and these icons are so small to press alone).

Sorry I removed it because it's unstable and to save some ram

Guest daskalos
sorry mate, still stutters. hope there is a solution for this. i really do. love this rom. but can't mis the video's

please have an solution.....

greets tjeerd

About Touch player weird skipping and sound, I can confirm that it's caused by some HTC implementation in the ROM, though I can't pinpoint the files yet...

Will be looking at it later

Guest sakisds

Hey daskalos,

I just tried to install phone canvas to the 6.5 rom using the instructions you provided but when I boot my phone I get some 'cprog is not a valid Pocket PC application' errors and then no phone application.

Is there any solution?

Guest tjeerdos
About Touch player weird skipping and sound, I can confirm that it's caused by some HTC implementation in the ROM, though I can't pinpoint the files yet...

Will be looking at it later

okay thanks

Guest daskalos
Hey daskalos,

I just tried to install phone canvas to the 6.5 rom using the instructions you provided but when I boot my phone I get some 'cprog is not a valid Pocket PC application' errors and then no phone application.

Is there any solution?

Oh I think the phone canvas I included is incompatible with 6.5, I just realized it thank you for reporting

Better wait for the phone canvas version for 6.5

Please uninstall it

Anyway I have fixed the touch player issue

I will upload a new touch player cab, just wait for the download link :)

Guest tjeerdos
Oh I think the phone canvas I included is incompatible with 6.5, I just realized it thank you for reporting

Better wait for the phone canvas version for 6.5

Please uninstall it

Anyway I have fixed the touch player issue

I will upload a new touch player cab, just wait for the download link :)

great news. where will the link be on modaco or twitter?

Guest tjeerdos
Here

For those who want to use touch player in this ROM please install this version (attached)

okay thanks. it works great. you just made my day.........

greets tjeerd

Guest lam.nguyentung
daskalo, this wm 6.5 brings much more Ram. after booting, i have 56mb ram. great!

now it works even faster than last verson.

one thing i miss from your last rom is hd2 youtube. it's very easy to watch. how can i find it now

daskalo i really wanna donate you but i'm in vietnam where paypal and credit card not popular. i do not have paypal account to donate. quite sorry!

you are making many b7610 users feel interesting with this device!!!

Daskalo,

Me too, I don't have credit card so can not make donation.

Will buy you beer when you are in Vietnam :)