Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest netdudeuk
Are these screen protectors really clear? The ones I got from ebay were of the "anti-glare" variety, as opposed to "clear" and they make the screen look really grainy and hard to read small text. In fact they turn the incredibly vibrant and crystal clear Blade screen into a pile of s**t. Really disappointed. But hey only £1 for another set of, hopefully, clear ones next time.

Yes, the screen looks just the same to me. I've never used screen protectors before but I'm very pleased with what I have here. I only put it on yesterday but now I wonder how I got on without one. I just don't notice it there and I've just installed Launcher Pro and the scrolling is ideal now so I don't think that the protector has had any adverse effect on the touch screen performance of the device.

Guest Spunky Backpack
cheers guys, purchased a smoked black e71 silicon case off ebay - £1.60 delivered and fits like a glove, ideal B)

Is everything still accessible, vol/power buttons, headphone, usb etc? Ta

Guest Peter H
Nice to hear that you have received - I hope it is OK as I have read some bad reports about the quality of this companies stuff. However lets face it most people only report bad things so I live in hope!

It arrived and didn't fit. The company said they had used dimensions from a prototype and had made new ones. I have said I'll try them. Waiting again. The back bit fits quite well.

Hi All,

Got my SF some days ago. I wanted to buy a case, I looked at the E71 (Too tight) and the E63 (Too loose) cases but then finally a Nokia E5 case fit perfectly. The phone is held in place perfectly. There is an opening where the speaker is. Had to cut out openings for the USB port, volume rockers and the camera though.

However I wanted to know one thing - The case's flap is held in place by a magnet. Will this affect the touch screen/accelerometer/compass in any way?

EDIT: Cut out both the magnets and had velcro patches stitched onto the case. Now I would say it makes for a great case. One velcro's a bit off though, but still a great case for $5.

post-786419-1290364239_thumb.jpg

post-786419-1290364271_thumb.jpg

post-786419-1290364297_thumb.jpg

Edited by css771

Guest ezablade
Hi All,

Got my SF some days ago. I wanted to buy a case, I looked at the E71 (Too tight) and the E63 (Too loose) cases but then finally a Nokia E5 case fit perfectly. The phone is held in place perfectly. There is an opening where the speaker is. Had to cut out openings for the USB port, volume rockers and the camera though.

However I wanted to know one thing - The case's flap is held in place by a magnet. Will this affect the touch screen/accelerometer/compass in any way?

Personal experience (well, the wife's phone, not mine) is that a magnetic catch does throw the compass way out. Suppose it depends on how far from the phone the catch is when it's open.

Guest whoop_whoop

There's a 75% off deal on ZAGG at the moment for the i900 full body, only $6.25 + $5.75 shipping, making about £7. Throw in 20% Quidco and IMO it's quite a bargain, I highly recommend ZAGG screen protectors. Ordered mine today, once my OSF arrives on Thursday and this arrives I'll let you know how it is.

Edited by whoop_whoop

Guest Kthulhu
There's a 75% off deal on ZAGG at the moment for the i900 full body, only $6.25 + $5.75 shipping, making about £7. Throw in 20% Quidco and IMO it's quite a bargain, I highly recommend ZAGG screen protectors. Ordered mine today, once my OSF arrives on Thursday and this arrives I'll let you know how it is.

It's a good offer http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/samsun...kins-shields.ph

Please let us know how it fits your SanFran.

San Francisco  114 x 56.5 x 11.8 mm

Nokia E71	  114 x 57.0 x 10.0 mm

Nokia E72	  114 x 58.3 x 10.1 mm

Samsung i900   112 x 56.9 x 12.5 mm

HTC Legend	 112 x 56.3 x 11.5 mm

HTC Desire	 119 x 60.0 x 11.9 mm

HTC Nexus One  119 x 59.8 x 11.5 mm

Though I wonder about the accuracy of sizes seeing as the San Francisco manual states it's 54.5 mm wide and mines deffo wider than that but as you're after a pouch I guess it's not so critical.

Edited by Mike_P

Cheers for posting your pics edwardnoob, got an e71 gel case today from one of the local phone stalls for £4

img00112.jpg

Can someone tell me what clock widget that is?

Thanks in advance.

Guest dadashi
Hi All,

good effort, the pictures are pretty lousy though! what did you use to take the pictures? another OSF?

I would remove the magnet as it can erase your sd card if nothing else...

I'd personaly recommend a rubber / silicon cover with a screen protector, no flaps and always ready straight out of the pocket and great protection...

Edited by dadashi

Yes, they do, don't affect their performance though. Cover the sensors and the phone display shuts off when calling and buttons light up when covered/in the dark.

From eBay.

Thanks for the advice....

I bought some from this ebay seller fashionuniononline and they arrived next day. Very good price incl postage. They come without instructions, but with a cloth to clean the screen first. They have marked tabs of paper on each protector and you pull off no 1 first (I only did it partially) and start to stick it to the phone's screen whilst pulling back on the tab. Like you used to do sticky back plastic years ago. Then when happy pull off tab 2 and the protector on the front of the screen protector comes off. Yes a protector for the protector..!

The Samsung i900 Fits the San Francisco well, covers the active area of the screen and about half the black surround and with a dip cut out in the top for the speaker.

Guest ezablade
Thanks for the advice....

I bought some from this ebay seller fashionuniononline and they arrived next day. Very good price incl postage. They come without instructions, but with a cloth to clean the screen first. They have marked tabs of paper on each protector and you pull off no 1 first (I only did it partially) and start to stick it to the phone's screen whilst pulling back on the tab. Like you used to do sticky back plastic years ago. Then when happy pull off tab 2 and the protector on the front of the screen protector comes off. Yes a protector for the protector..!

The Samsung i900 Fits the San Francisco well, covers the active area of the screen and about half the black surround and with a dip cut out in the top for the speaker.

I've had one on since I posted that, no marks, no scratches and no peeling in the corners. Not bad for the price.

Guest leetron1

Can believe, given that this handset is now spread far and wide, that we don't have a bespoke silicon-gel skin...anyone know of any Far East manufacturers ready to make a buck??

Guest meinnit
Can believe, given that this handset is now spread far and wide, that we don't have a bespoke silicon-gel skin...anyone know of any Far East manufacturers ready to make a buck??

I could probably knock up modified E71 covers using a knife at a rate of 2 per day B)

good effort, the pictures are pretty lousy though! what did you use to take the pictures? another OSF?

I would remove the magnet as it can erase your sd card if nothing else...

I'd personaly recommend a rubber / silicon cover with a screen protector, no flaps and always ready straight out of the pocket and great protection...

lol no pics are from an lg cookie which probably has an even worse camera than the SF but it was the only camera I had lying around. I'm looking to buy a silicone case on ebay as soon as I find something perfect.

Edited by css771

Guest leetron1
I could probably knock up modified E71 covers using a knife at a rate of 2 per day B)

The gel skins are really pretty tough, eh..quite happy with my adulterated E72...smoky grey check(!)>>would love it to be just so..only a matter of time I guess.

Bet we'll be swamped by them in every shade before xmas..

Guest FrankieADZ

has anyone got any recommendations for a decent cover for a noob like me?

Stuff brough some Android stickers to go over the horror that is the Orange logo B)

Guest dizzytiz

I ordered a cover from fleabay for the E72 from seller 'globus.group'. Arrived with 2 days. Very pleased with it, snug fit and within 10 mins 2 year old son decided to drop it on floor, and it survived.

Will have to do something regarding the headphone hole at top and camera window at back, slighty raised opening, but because it's soft the power and ringer covered is fine as I can still click through case. The charge port is open.

Excuse the floral-ness, but I am a girlie B)

5206617072_b06e95be4c_m.jpg5206617022_25f5335615_m.jpg

5206019977_8a68922a2c_m.jpg5206616930_92b215e35a_m.jpg

5206616894_e66febf52b_m.jpg5206616848_1731b2b266_m.jpg