Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

Guest seff20

Guest seff20

Hi Guys!!

I have lots of questions regarding this Omnia II.

I just recently purchased it as a gift for my self, and I am having regrets about it.

Well, the main reason I purchased this phone is so that I can stay connected everywhere I go. (and I'm normally at home or the office)

I didn't bother purchasing an unlimited data plan, coz it is WAY expensive here in my country.

And I have free access thru wi-fi at work. I also love watching YouTube videos, mainly for MTV's.

I also use this phone to create reports, documents and some work related stuff.

I can actually use it, but it's a big factor to watch youtube. And I can't watch youtube with it, coz I'm using wi-fi.

I tried using 3g, and I was able to watch it with the streaming player thing.

But I can't afford that. All I wanna do is to be able to watch YouTube with Wi-Fi.

I did these.

Upgraded OS to Windows Mobile 6.5

Installed Opera Mobile 10 as my default browser.

I also installed FLASH PLAYER 7 (coz I thought it will let me watch youtube).

I also installed that TCMP and bundled flash player thing I got off of the net.

Everything failed.

I desperately need help.

I'm really not a very technical person.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance!

I have more follow up questions.

But this concerns me the most.

Guest amb123

There is an app here on Modaco. It is called "no data". You can also google it. All you need to do is download this app and install it on your phone. The app is in .cab format, which means that all you need is download it on your phone directly or on your computer and than transfer to your phone. When it is done just tap on it and it will install itself. I am not sure if it is going to give you a choice of where to install (Main memory, main storage or SD card). If it does, pick storage, if it does not it is going to self install in main memory. After it is done, open the program and toggle your data connection on/off. If it is off you are no longer going to have 3G. You phone function is not going to be affected.

P.S. if downloading via Opera or any other mobile browser, remember where it saves the downloaded files.

Regarding Youtube, you need to download youtube cab. It is also free of charge. Google it as well. It will install separate program for watching youtube. The process is simple. You do need to have sign up if you have not done it yet.

BTW both programs after installation will apear in your start menu

Edited by amb123

• 1 month later...
Guest kevinchaapel

The most amazing part is when you turn on the camera. The very bright, good contrast AMOLED spring into life, probably the most pleasant, even better than iPhone.The image is very good and this is particularly visible in the way the handset supports video playback of one the most complete list of supported codecs, including XviD and WMV. Thank you to the neon color used as the main theme of the Omnia II distinct.You seems so much brighter and can move freely between the various panels widgets to organize them as you wish. Samsung includes a large number of widgets as a standard that provides clean power to search for new CNN mobile media player mini handy.

• 2 months later...

well i think no data app , doesnt help to browse though wifi ,

i think he has a problem that the opera he use doesn't work with wifi .

may be he must try some mod of you tube to be used with wifi .

and no ata app in addition so that he might not get charged for the data through 3g if accidently happens to run .

• 5 months later...
Guest Demongrey

Hi Guys!!

I have lots of questions regarding this Omnia II.

I just recently purchased it as a gift for my self, and I am having regrets about it.

Well, the main reason I purchased this phone is so that I can stay connected everywhere I go. (and I'm normally at home or the office)

I didn't bother purchasing an unlimited data plan, coz it is WAY expensive here in my country.

And I have free access thru wi-fi at work. I also love watching YouTube videos, mainly for MTV's.

I also use this phone to create reports, documents and some work related stuff.

I can actually use it, but it's a big factor to watch youtube. And I can't watch youtube with it, coz I'm using wi-fi.

I tried using 3g, and I was able to watch it with the streaming player thing.

But I can't afford that. All I wanna do is to be able to watch YouTube with Wi-Fi.

I did these.

Upgraded OS to Windows Mobile 6.5

Installed Opera Mobile 10 as my default browser.

I also installed FLASH PLAYER 7 (coz I thought it will let me watch youtube).

I also installed that TCMP and bundled flash player thing I got off of the net.

Everything failed.

I desperately need help.

I'm really not a very technical person.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance!

I have more follow up questions.

But this concerns me the most.