[TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E

Guest Dario93

Guest Dario93

As requested from many users of this forum, i'll post a clear and brief guide about flashing bins on our beloved devices. So, lets start with the first step!

1- Download this tool: Acer A1 DL TOOL

and the drivers from Acer's support site , then install them;

2- Extract the zip file into Desktop

3- Move the .bin file in the ACER_A1_Bin subfolder placed into A1_DL_Tool_[intra][single]_v3.100_20091027 folder

4- Connect your phone (it must be turned ON) to your PC

5- Run the “ACER Download Tool [single] executable (If you're using Vista/7 you must run it in compatibility mode,with administrator privileges)

6- Click the BROWSE button and search for the .bin file you previously put into ACER_A1_Bin folder

7- If you're not using .bin files provided by Acer, you may incurr in the INCORRECT MD5 alert. Just don't care about it and proceed to the following step.

8- Click START, and remember, DO NOT stop the flashing process, DO NOT unplug your device, or you'll have a very expensive and NOT WORKING piece of plastic and steel on your desk.

Hope this will be useful!

Dario93

Edited by Dario93

Guest Koki1337
how to run "compatibility mode" in vista? is it the same as "run as admin"

Right click on the .exe file, click properties.

At the top, go to compatibility mode, tick the box and select Windows XP SP2

Guest fpbasilio
Right click on the .exe file, click properties.

At the top, go to compatibility mode, tick the box and select Windows XP SP2

cool! thanks. what about the acer drivers? need to install first? can use the one in the cd that came with the device?

Guest Koki1337

No idea at all, I just used the one gave in the link :)

I didn't open and have a look at what's in the CD though, I assumed it's all guides and more guides with some less useful apps.

Guest Dario93

@ fpbasilio, if you can't manage to flash the bin file because you don't have drivers, download and install these: DRIVERS ACER LIQUID

@ Ramdanih, i have 7 Ultimate, and the application works only if i use compatibility mode.. btw if you managed to flash without compatibility mode, so much the better! :)

Guest Veritable

Hi there, I have a problem using this tool to flash the FET BIN file.

I press Start, then quickly it gives me a red box in the Device 01 section, that says:

[Error] : Server Connection Fail

Here's the entry in the log file:

[Error] : Fail... IsPhoneConnected() goto Quit_Process now

Drivers are installed correctly. Nobody else seems to have the same error though, so I have nothing to troubleshoot it against.

Now, the build number for the phone I have is 1.100.79, while the ROM I'm trying to put in is 1.100.15. Does that matter?

7- Click START, and remember, DO NOT stop the flashing process, DO NOT unplug your device, or you'll have a very expensive and NOT WORKING piece of plastic and steel on your desk.

:( ;) I really really want to test by pulling off my acer while in the middle of flashing a bin. I dare anyone to do the same. :)

Guest Dario93
um what about malez recovery? you don't need that to flash a bin?

No,you don't. Malez recovery is useful for flashing cooked roms, while for acer .bin files you need this acer tool

Guest Koki1337
um what about malez recovery? you don't need that to flash a bin?

You might need to reinstall the Malez Recovery, because bin file is the base of the whole system

Guest Dario93
You might need to reinstall the Malez Recovery, because bin file is the base of the whole system

Yes, i quote what said by koki1337, you don't need malez recovery to flash,but after flashing hour need to reinstall it because flashing process deletes it. I recommend malez 0.6 if you are flashing a 2.2 bin because earlier versions aren't compatible with Froyo

Guest RonMexico

Hi Everyone,

I have a Liquid A1 and I have never interfered with it bar putting the Official 2.1 on it.

I'd like to put the leaked 2.2 (Froyo) on it.

Does the above tutorial work or do I need to Root.

Sorry I'm a complete noob to this and find the lingo to be totally confusing.

Guest koudelka
I'm using windows 7 profesional, and not to compatibility mode...

and it's works.. :)

I second that, I have never used compability mode,I only give administrator rights and it has worked for me (but I have original liquid, not liquidE. Cant see why there would be difference though)

Guest Dario93
Hi Everyone,

I have a Liquid A1 and I have never interfered with it bar putting the Official 2.1 on it.

I'd like to put the leaked 2.2 (Froyo) on it.

Does the above tutorial work or do I need to Root.

Sorry I'm a complete noob to this and find the lingo to be totally confusing.

This tutorial is ready-to-use don't worry! :) After flashing the Bin you can root your device with method 1 of malez recovery, but you need to install the SUPERBOOT at this link: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...ing-the-liquid/. Follow the instructions provided in the post!

Best regards,

Dario93

Guest Dario93
my phone stoped at "Download mode => OS Download mode"

Are you sure you've followed all the instructions? Btw, does it turns on or is it bricked?

Guest davescraggs

Nice guide and easy to follow, but doesn't mention Acer drivers.

I almost bricked my phone trying to install leaked Android 2.2 ROM. Ended up with Acer download tool stalled saying device 01 not connected and the Liquid showing USB fastboot screen with a flickering line across the top.

Disconnected the phone, tried to enter recovery but couldn't, screen was stuck on Acer splash screen. Then I installed the drivers from ACER's UK website; loaded up Acer download tool V3.1; and tried again. Thankfully the phone was recognised and it worked this time.