DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Sometimes the custom recovery didn't flash for some reason when I upgraded, make sure you are prrompted with a green text menu when selecting option 2. If not, try reflashing the recovery.

I figured it out - i installed it via the custom recovery but now i'm stick on a Dell loading screen with an occasional thump from the vibration in the unit but it's doing nothing now :)

Go into recovery and do factory reset

Hah doing that worked, why did i need to do that by the way? Is it just some people have to and others don't?

Edited by LiamD

Guest maskaler
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has managed to send or receive mms??? I've entered in the o2 setting manually but still mms fails????

Make sure the APN type is MMS and you have no other APNs with the "MMS" APN type.

Guest jamesturley28
Make sure the APN type is MMS and you have no other APNs with the "MMS" APN type.

Yeah bud it is like that. Just double checked setting and there fine also.... still no mms. Web is fine!!!

A small bug i've found - playing an mp3 file on the music play works but when you click pause it says "cannot play audio file" even though it works fine until you pause it.

Guest radomir

Install new version 0.3 great job. :)

Black notification bar,new icon,color -fantastic

Linpack -31,5 mflops

Quadrant -1530 !!!!!

Revelation!!!

:) :)

Edited by radomir

Guest Reza WM

hi mans

i flashe version 3 on my o2 streak

but my device waiting on dell logo and vibrate,vibrate,vibrate

dont boot! what can i do to do this?!

my issue fixed with factoy reset :)

Edited by Reza WM

Guest parcsalooc

I flashed the new update.zip and went into the build.prop and changed the density to 200 and modified the customer_conf to US and changed the carrier to ATT and now when I reboot, I lose the black theme. What gives?

Guest ksprelude01

Ive been having this message "PreloadNetworkSettings is still at work please wait" for 15+ min now and it wount connect to the network....I did a "flashing baseband" install of the first version of froyo and did a "update-new.zip route" with v3. i have a US Att version.

Guest parcsalooc
Ive been having this message "PreloadNetworkSettings is still at work please wait" for 15+ min now and it wount connect to the network....I did a "flashing baseband" install of the first version of froyo and did a "update-new.zip route" with v3. i have a US Att version.

You need to flash back to 2.1 and then flash 2.2. You changed basebands

Guest andycqos

This might be a stupid question, but is there an easy way to create an "update.zip" from my phone? I like trying out these new version, but it would be nice to be able to take a backup of everything - apps/settings/etc - to go back to, should the update not work or make any difference. Reinstalling apps and setting up widgets etc takes time :)

Would RomManager take a full back up like this? OR Nandroid?

Edited by andycqos

Guest RedSlug
This might be a stupid question, but is there an easy way to create an "update.zip" from my phone? I like trying out these new version, but it would be nice to be able to take a backup of everything - apps/settings/etc - to go back to, should the update not work or make any difference. Reinstalling apps and setting up widgets etc takes time :)

Would RomManager take a full back up like this? OR Nandroid?

I believe Titanium Back can create an update.zip, but I'm not sure if it does exactly what you want. Take a look.

Guest andycqos
I believe Titanium Back can create an update.zip, but I'm not sure if it does exactly what you want. Take a look.

I did, its only to install Titanium itself from the recovery menu. Seeing the option there is what made me think it might be possible to do it from elsewhere

Guest andycqos

Just installed v3 and it was soooo slow :-o screen transitions and moving in and out of home screens and apps took forever. I changed the hardware debug setting to 0 and now it runs fine :)

edited to add - but it seems to keep switching itself off. Thats twice Ive put it down and gone back to it a few minutes later to find its switched off!

edited again - and now its running ok with hardware set to 1. Strange!

Edited by andycqos

Guest parcsalooc
I flashed the new update.zip and went into the build.prop and changed the density to 200 and modified the customer_conf to US and changed the carrier to ATT and now when I reboot, I lose the black theme. What gives?

Anyone got any input?

Anyone got any input?

Per Steve, the black theme only works with 140 I believe. I just switched the two files (services.jar and framework-res.apk) back to factory and everything works fine, just no black theme.

same on windows 7. any ideas how to install that driver? i tried manually updating it to the stuff included in streakflash, but none of them install. the hardware id turns out to be ven 05c6 dev 9002. when i change the .inf files to match it, it installs and the mfc detects it but errors. it shows a bunch of red lines and at the end, it says "ERROR[D10]: no com port found, not in dload mode."

i assume i would need an install of windows xp to flash it?

did you try installing the dell streak sync thing? that's all i did

Per Steve, the black theme only works with 140 I believe. I just switched the two files (services.jar and framework-res.apk) back to factory and everything works fine, just no black theme.

It also works with 160.

Guest Texaspledge
Just installed v3 and it was soooo slow :-o screen transitions and moving in and out of home screens and apps took forever. I changed the hardware debug setting to 0 and now it runs fine :)

edited to add - but it seems to keep switching itself off. Thats twice Ive put it down and gone back to it a few minutes later to find its switched off!

edited again - and now its running ok with hardware set to 1. Strange!

On first boot with.3 mine was very slow to setup the desktop and during transitions. But it got better after a while.now it's fine.

Guest andycqos
On first boot with.3 mine was very slow to setup the desktop and during transitions. But it got better after a while.now it's fine.

Yeah, I think thats what happened with mine too. Switching the hardware on and off seems to have been a bit of a red herring