DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest streakr

hello all!

with the V2 of this rom my wifi is unusable. it always connect and stop, than connect again than it stop again. i try different hotspots,..

any ideas for me? i came from O2 805 to the v2. or it can be fixed with V3 maybe? :)

edit: the 1.0 version just work at all for me :) thanks a lot for your great work, it makes the streak a ******* ( 7 stars out of 5 :)

Edited by streakr

YouTube through the browser works fine, so thanks for the tip. Keep forgetting I've got thebenefit of flash. So the issue just appears in the youtube app. I thought the issue was related to LCD density, but getting the same on 140 and 160.

The problem appear when you view in HQ mode on the youtube app, if you disable it the video is fine.

Guest MrMartay

Great work on this Stephen & Co.

Dell must be spitting mad that some fans have completely out-done their entire developement team. (too much coffee and chat, not enough work!)

Obviously everything is a marked improvement over 2.1

Here, things are better than before in so many ways, most noticable is my battery life which has improved roughly 30-40%

Quadrant returned 1541 btw.

Keep up the fantastic work, its an honour to be part of this community.

Donation sent.

The only issue which bugged me is the notification colour which he Stephen is currently fixing for build 4 :). Works perfectly other than that for me :)

Will donate on payday :)

Edited by LiamD

Guest MrPokeylope
The only issue which bugged me is the notification colour which he Stephen is currently fixing for build 4 :). Works perfectly other than that for me :D

Will donate on payday :)

I've definately caused myself some grief by upgrading from the baseband change version of 0.1 to 0.3.

I went back to 2.1... And put koushes recovery back on. done this twice now.

Everytime I go from the 2.1 8105 version to the 2.2 v3 update... all I get is the dell screen, endlessly rebooting, with a little vibration every few minutes. Hoping I solve it soon :D

This is what happens when you dive in without getting all the facts first people! :)

Guest Stephen Hyde
I've definately caused myself some grief by upgrading from the baseband change version of 0.1 to 0.3.

I went back to 2.1... And put koushes recovery back on. done this twice now.

Everytime I go from the 2.1 8105 version to the 2.2 v3 update... all I get is the dell screen, endlessly rebooting, with a little vibration every few minutes. Hoping I solve it soon :)

This is what happens when you dive in without getting all the facts first people! :)

try holding both vol on boot and choosing factory reset that sometimes sorts it out

Guest Stephen Hyde

v4 is uploading as i type. think i might make this first proper release actually as i dont think the bugs are serious enough to keep it a beta, what do people reckon?

Guest MrPokeylope
try holding both vol on boot and choosing factory reset that sometimes sorts it out

Hooray!

Now I'm gonna go shower. Been farting about with this since I got up at 10am :)

It did the little vibration... and I thought no difference was made. then everything came back nicely.

Good to see a geordie boy making his mark on the world! :) The firmware is great dude.

Something I noticed about the toucscreen, it appears to have lost some degree of accuracy when moving between sensor points. To demonstrate this, slowly drag the notification bar down, and you will notice it will come down with a lower 'resolution' than normal--it should be completely smooth, but it jumps maybe four pixels at a time.

Of course if this is a consequence of increasing the response time (by simplifying the algorithms), then of course its a fair trade, just wondering if anybody else is noticing this.

Guest sukicat
v4 is uploading as i type. think i might make this first proper release actually as i dont think the bugs are serious enough to keep it a beta, what do people reckon?

Sounds OK to me but it's your Baby and all the Hard Work that you have put in means you can call it what you like ..Thanks for all the Effort.

Guest MrMartay

I'm with you! Go for it.

Guest spacecat46

I dont care what everyone else says I reckon your a top fella...............................even if you are a Northerner

got paid yesterday so will donate today................help keep you in brown ale , whippets and flat caps .............by gum champion etc

Guest MrPokeylope
I dont care what everyone else says I reckon your a top fella...............................even if you are a Northerner

got paid yesterday so will donate today................help keep you in brown ale , whippets and flat caps .............by gum champion etc

EEE BAAA GOOOOM!

Not that geordies say that lol.

Wonder what you think of us scots? lol

Guest bostonguy

Hey Stephen, is it possible to apply the coming Market fix to older beta's of yours? I hate to risk having to reinstall everything, and v2 is working so well for me except for the Market problems?

Thanks again for your awesome work!

-JS

Guest Stephen Hyde

should be able to replace the build.prop and /system/etc folders on v2 yep, but wiping dalvik will also be needed (and clearing market data in settings>apps>

Guest MrPokeylope

Pick your favourite flavour Steve. I'll use cola as an example.

Cola Streak Froyo.

Give it a different flavour with each new release? :)

or not. I see it's simply release 1.0 :) woo! Downloading.

Edited by MrPokeylope

Guest spacecat46
EEE BAAA GOOOOM!

Not that geordies say that lol.

Wonder what you think of us scots? lol

dont get me started on the scots!.......................I married one!

Guest sukicat
and new release is ........ UP !! check out first post as normal folks :)

A FULL WIPE OF /DATA IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AFTER INSTALLING THIS TO ENSURE MARKET WORKS PROPERLY

Can you explain the how to do it for us Dimwits !!