CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest JimMorrison723

Well, i could't wait to try it.

I installed it (i hope succesfully), and i thing i didn't make a mistake.

Can i just flash a newer version of ADW? ADW.Launcher_v1.2.0_system_donut_mdpi.zip right?

One note: after it has botted, i had to choose beetwen setup wizard and something else. I press wizad, and the normal android welcome screen appired. At this point, it changed the languege automatically to hungarian, but not this time, even i selected it from the list.

Guest JimMorrison723

Can i just flash a newer version of ADW? ADW.Launcher_v1.2.0_system_donut_mdpi.zip right?

One note: after it has botted, i had to choose beetwen setup wizard and something else. I press wizad, and the normal android welcome screen appired. At this point, it changed the languege automatically to hungarian, but not this time, even i selected it from the list.

and at language @ keyboard setting the Magyar is the selected languege, but it is still English.

First i could install 2.1 hungarian rom, and after it CM? I dont think so, but i am not sure in it...

i'm having a problem with the gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip downloaded from the link on the first post in this thread. i upgraded to v0.4, booted the phone and everything thing seemed ok. i went back to recovery and flashed the gapps. the phone then bootlooped forever. i wiped everything and installed v0.4 and the gapps again one after the other (no rebooting in between). the phone then went in to another endless bootloop. i wiped everything yet again and installed v0.4 on its own, booted the phone and the upgrade has been successful. having twice failed to flash the gapps i'm afraid to try again. anyone got any advice? forum search hasn't helped.

Guest malvekx

Hey! I've the CM in my Huawei U8230, and I can't read any SD Card, I insert it and the phone just say "It's secure to remove the SD Card" :s

Can someone help me, please?

Of course you can use another version of your favorite launcher, but be sure to use the right one! Donut (Android 1.6) is not what you are looking for.. :P

Simply download ADW from Market or look at Richards CM Thread, there is a dropbox-link with different launchers and language packs you can flash straight after installing CM.

As i read, it seems also possible to use Hungarian Update first and then upgrade to CM, but i think it is "safer" to use the recommended UK one..

Hope you like your Cm as much as i do :D

Cheers!

Guest LambOfGod

my pulse ran perfectly on flb 1.7 for a while then went crazy with force closes, eventually got fed up and came to cm6, best rom ive used so far for this phone! definately feels faster.. and ive noticed increased battery life, and less system processes taking up power in the background! anyone have an idea of the next release? would be a perfect rom (minus the camera crash) if it had flash support! skyfire supports some flash.. but laggs like hell

Guest JimMorrison723
Of course you can use another version of your favorite launcher, but be sure to use the right one! Donut (Android 1.6) is not what you are looking for.. :P

Simply download ADW from Market or look at Richards CM Thread, there is a dropbox-link with different launchers and language packs you can flash straight after installing CM.

As i read, it seems also possible to use Hungarian Update first and then upgrade to CM, but i think it is "safer" to use the recommended UK one..

Hope you like your Cm as much as i do :D

Cheers!

Thanks, I'll check it out !

I also installed the CyanogenMod 6 and I've been so happy with it. It does have a few bugs, but I think it's well worth the bit of trouble. The only real problem I'm having is that the battery usage seems to have gone up, yet I'm not sure.

Is there any way to check for annomalous CPU activity (such as staying fully throttled when not being used)? Also the phone seems a bit warmer to the touch. Now, again, I'm not sure as I've had the phone for just over 2 days and I was quick to update it to 2.2.

After about 5-6 hours of running, the battery level is @ only 38 %.

The battery usage got a hit

from %

Display 42

Cell standby 28

Android Sys. 25

Android Core

Apps 3

Phone Idle 2

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Can anyone shed light if for example Cell Standy is too large?

I've installed a System Info app to track the phone status, but maybe someone has a better idea? I'll come back with information when I get something useful.

Thanks.

Guest rulerofkaos
I also installed the CyanogenMod 6 and I've been so happy with it. It does have a few bugs, but I think it's well worth the bit of trouble. The only real problem I'm having is that the battery usage seems to have gone up, yet I'm not sure.

Is there any way to check for annomalous CPU activity (such as staying fully throttled when not being used)? Also the phone seems a bit warmer to the touch. Now, again, I'm not sure as I've had the phone for just over 2 days and I was quick to update it to 2.2.

After about 5-6 hours of running, the battery level is @ only 38 %.

The battery usage got a hit

from %

Display 42

Cell standby 28

Android Sys. 25

Android Core

Apps 3

Phone Idle 2

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Can anyone shed light if for example Cell Standy is too large?

I've installed a System Info app to track the phone status, but maybe someone has a better idea? I'll come back with information when I get something useful.

Thanks.

Did you wipe the battery-stats after flashing CM6?

Guest rulerofkaos
Uhh, no :D Do I do it using Clockwork? How do stats influence battery life?

Sometimes flashing a new rom messes up the battery stats, so if you wipe the, with clockwork, the battery life is normal after it.

is there a way to get the /data/data folder linked to /sd-ext/ too? Because the biggest ext-partition means nothing if the internal memory is filled with the data files :D

I have /data/app and /data/dalvik-cache already linked via a2sd but this /data/data folder is to big...

wouldn't it be better to link that /data/data to ext than linking of /data/dalvik-cache ?

Guest AntonioPT
is there a way to get the /data/data folder linked to /sd-ext/ too? Because the biggest ext-partition means nothing if the internal memory is filled with the data files :D

I have /data/app and /data/dalvik-cache already linked via a2sd but this /data/data folder is to big...

wouldn't it be better to link that /data/data to ext than linking of /data/dalvik-cache ?

I think you can do this...

In adb:

adb remount

adb shell

(now inside shell)

mkdir -p /sd-ext/data/

mv /data/data/ /sd-ext/data/

ln -s /sd-ext/data/ /data/data/

I am not responsible for any damage caused by the above commands. Do a nandroid backup before trying.

Guest totiadrenalin
I think you can do this...

In adb:

adb remount

adb shell

(now inside shell)

mkdir -p /sd-ext/data/

mv /data/data/ /sd-ext/data/

ln -s /sd-ext/data/ /data/data/
I am not responsible for any damage caused by the above commands. Do a nandroid backup before trying.
mv -r /data/data/ /sd-ext/data/

ln -s /sd-ext/data /data/data

This is the correct code.

Else you will get double directories. For example: /sd-ext/data/data/

By the way!

The apps data is one of the most common used directory by the os it self.

It's often used even than the dalvik cache.

The dalvikvm use the .dex classes of the app at the begining during the app initalizing, but the apps data directory is used during the app running.

Also if the app use some native code binaries (lib files) which are also stored in the app data this will lead to further phone dis stability during the app running.

And those lib files are very often used buy the os during the app running.

Like: /data/data/com.app/lib/lib.so

And e.t.c.

So think well what do you prefer? bigger data space, or better phone performance?

And the native code binaries are only one small part of the apps data.

Edited by totiadrenalin

i'm having a problem with the gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip downloaded from the link on the first post in this thread. i upgraded to v0.4, booted the phone and everything thing seemed ok. i went back to recovery and flashed the gapps. the phone then bootlooped forever. i wiped everything and installed v0.4 and the gapps again one after the other (no rebooting in between). the phone then went in to another endless bootloop. i wiped everything yet again and installed v0.4 on its own, booted the phone and the upgrade has been successful. having twice failed to flash the gapps i'm afraid to try again. anyone got any advice? forum search hasn't helped.

Try the AIO mod: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...d-on-beta-0-40/

(You can even try this rom:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...n-instructions/

Don't let the "Chinese" thing scare you off; you won't even notice it's there unless you choose to use it.)

But remember to follow the install instructions to the letter for whatever rom you are installing.

Edited by twrock

thanks for replying twrock.

i solved the problem by using google to locate a different version of the gapps, gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip. this version worked on the first try.

i did try the AIO mod before opting for the vanilla v0.4. with the AIO mod, the status bar seemed to stay at 140 pixel density even after restoring the pixel density to 160. my eyesight ain't what it used to be and i couldn't make out what was going on in the status bar at 140. the AIO mod seemed to use a lot of white text on black backgrounds (in the texting app for example). this is harder to read than plain old black text on a white background. my eyes just couldn't live with the AIO mod.

Here is the way i install this rom:

wipe data / factory reset

install zip from sd card:

- CM6.1-Pulse-beta-0.40.zip

- dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

- Gapps.zip

Should i do something else for better performance. And my cpu speed is max 528 (from SETCPU), how to make it 691MHz?

Edited by dobre

Here is the way i install this rom:

wipe data / factory reset

install zip from sd card:

- CM6.1-Pulse-beta-0.40.zip

- dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

- Gapps.zip

Should i do something else for better performance. And my cpu speed is max 528 (from SETCPU), how to make it 691MHz?

This rom (the rom linked to in the first post) does not have an overclocked kernel. So you can't increase the CPU speed.

Either install one of the overclocked kernels (use the search function to find a link in this thread), or install a modified rom that already has one built in. Both roms I linked to earlier have an overclocked kernel already.

Accelerometer rotation isn't working

1. I checked in Cyanogen mod settings -> User interface -> Accelerometer rotation : 90 degrees is checked

2. Settings -> display: auto-rotate screen is checked.

thanks for replying twrock.

i solved the problem by using google to locate a different version of the gapps, gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip. this version worked on the first try.

i did try the AIO mod before opting for the vanilla v0.4. with the AIO mod, the status bar seemed to stay at 140 pixel density even after restoring the pixel density to 160. my eyesight ain't what it used to be and i couldn't make out what was going on in the status bar at 140. the AIO mod seemed to use a lot of white text on black backgrounds (in the texting app for example). this is harder to read than plain old black text on a white background. my eyes just couldn't live with the AIO mod.

Yeah, I've got older eyes as well and need things to be bigger on the screen. And I also prefer the vanilla look in most situations, black on white, etc.