CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

i need help

my pulse can't play avi videos in any of this programs (roxkplayerbase, vitalplayer,vplayergeneral,arcmedia)

but play in yxplayer

i tried clear cyanogenmod and aio rom, tried to reinstall roms, did wipes and format flashcard, but nothing help ;)

can somebody help me?

p.s. sorry for my english

Guest totiadrenalin

I have only one question.

In the kernel, to be exact: /dev/block/

we have 7 ram files (ramdisk)

instead of using the compcache and forcing the processor to compress the index pages to be cached in the compcache.

why don't we swapon the ramdisk?

for example:

mkswap /dev/block/ram6;

swapon /dev/block/ram6;

mkswap /dev/block/ram7;

swapon /dev/block/ram7;

in that case we'll get a ultra fast 32mb of swap.

Besides that.

With compcache we shrink down the ram memory for 16-24% anyway.

I don't know if there's something to loose?

Please somebody to tell me am I right?

i need help

my pulse can't play avi videos in any of this programs (roxkplayerbase, vitalplayer,vplayergeneral,arcmedia)

but play in yxplayer

i tried clear cyanogenmod and aio rom, tried to reinstall roms, did wipes and format flashcard, but nothing help ;)

can somebody help me?

p.s. sorry for my english

in cyanogen missing library libsurfaceflinger_client.so

this library need for correct work of rockplayer, arcmedia etc. and navitel too.

i push this library to lib folder and everything get work

Guest rulerofkaos
I have only one question.

In the kernel, to be exact: /dev/block/

we have 7 ram files (ramdisk)

instead of using the compcache and forcing the processor to compress the index pages to be cached in the compcache.

why don't we swapon the ramdisk?

For what is this ramdisk normally used? Am I right, this is really a ramdisk and no internal flash memory?

in cyanogen missing library libsurfaceflinger_client.so

this library need for correct work of rockplayer, arcmedia etc. and navitel too.

i push this library to lib folder and everything get work

Where did you get that lib? Can you upload it? And if it works, tell Richard_Arkless to add it in his AIO Rom.

Just 1 quick question. Why in cm6, when cache on internal, data partition gets filled so quickly and on any 2.1 rom, with double the apps installed, I still have more free space?

On both using dta2sd for apps2sd and on both cache on internal.

For what is this ramdisk normally used? Am I right, this is really a ramdisk and no internal flash memory?

Where did you get that lib? Can you upload it? And if it works, tell Richard_Arkless to add it in his AIO Rom.

this lib and this solution of trouble give me one guy from our belarusian forum. i'll upload library tomorrow.

this library was missing in 0.3 and 0.4 beta, but in 0.2 beta it was. so you can get it from 0.2 beta.

Big Problem in cm6 (all Builds of cyanogenMOD 6 through Beta 0.40)

SMS is Not working correct.

I cannot Chose a contact for a New SMS. ( or too multiple contacts)

Only Received SMS i can reply on it.

Or through contact Book No Problem to send SMS.

But no Way to send a New SMS through the Applikation to a selected contact

(the menu for choose contact is not displayed...)

in FLB Mod V1.7 (Andorid 2.1) SMS is working perfect...

hope anyone have a solution for this major bug...thanks

Edited by everal

Guest todoleo
hey! i would try this ROM but could anyone tell me what 'incorrect wifi mac' means? can i still use wifi? thanks a lot if anyone replies!

WiFi seems to work fine for me with this ROM.

Big Problem in cm6 (all Builds of cyanogenMOD 6 through Beta 0.40)

SMS is Not working correct.

I cannot Chose a contact for a New SMS. ( or too multiple contacts)

Only Received SMS i can reply on it.

Or through contact Book No Problem to send SMS.

But no Way to send a New SMS through the Applikation to a selected contact

(the menu for choose contact is not displayed...)

in FLB Mod V1.7 (Andorid 2.1) SMS is working perfect...

hope anyone have a solution for this major bug...thanks

Strange. Works fine for me. I send a lot of messages and mostly to multiple people so it couldn't be a problem for everybody.

Guest rulerofkaos
rulerofkaos, in Post #2094 I gave the library. flashed through recovery

Rockplayer isn't working after I copied that lib. Does it work for you?

Been using this rom for 4 weeks now and it is stellar! :lol:

Still a few bugs that need ironing out (camera and speed) but this beta is more than enough to justify an upgrade.

Tom G, you deserve a fu*king medal for making my phone useful again and giving it the ability to actually multitask!

Here's to the completion of the gingerbread rom.....

Edited by hunk74

What does it exactly mean the wifi mac is incorrect? My router's DHCP table shows the same MAC address as my phone when I look it up in the settings. But when I connect to a wireless network that has MAC filter for internet access I don't seem to be able to use internet, even though I registered the address my phone and my router were showing. Is there any way to retrieve the real macadress if there is one? Sorry for noobishness.

What does it exactly mean the wifi mac is incorrect? My router's DHCP table shows the same MAC address as my phone when I look it up in the settings. But when I connect to a wireless network that has MAC filter for internet access I don't seem to be able to use internet, even though I registered the address my phone and my router were showing. Is there any way to retrieve the real macadress if there is one? Sorry for noobishness.

Every Pulse with this ROM has the same MAC, that's the bug.

Guest gege001

I succesfully installed the ROM but i couldn't install the google apps. i get the message: E:Failure at line4 copy_dir Package:data DATA: Installation aborted. could anyone help me?

Guest gege001
I succesfully installed the ROM but i couldn't install the google apps. i get the message: E:Failure at line4 copy_dir Package:data DATA: Installation aborted. could anyone help me?

Can I simply install the apk-s from the zip file?

Guest rulerofkaos
Can I simply install the apk-s from the zip file?

Yes you can, but then they are installed on /data and not on /system. Are you using clockwork or amongra?

Guest SaladOA

Been getting some strange SMS behaviour recently.

All my SMSes are delivered correctly, but incoming SMSes can be distorted or just not turn up at all. More often than not, someone will text me and it simply won't come through, but there have been several occasions where two halves of some completely different texts come through mashed together mid sentence. Furthermore, when I put my SIM in to a spare phone I had lying around, I received a slew of almost a hundred texts that were previously undelivered on my Pulse.

I'm going to do a complete factory reset and reflash the rom. If the problem continues, I guess I'll have to look up the terms of my contract and see if T-mobile can muster up some kind of replacement.

Guest JimJam707
Been getting some strange SMS behaviour recently.

All my SMSes are delivered correctly, but incoming SMSes can be distorted or just not turn up at all. More often than not, someone will text me and it simply won't come through, but there have been several occasions where two halves of some completely different texts come through mashed together mid sentence. Furthermore, when I put my SIM in to a spare phone I had lying around, I received a slew of almost a hundred texts that were previously undelivered on my Pulse.

I'm going to do a complete factory reset and reflash the rom. If the problem continues, I guess I'll have to look up the terms of my contract and see if T-mobile can muster up some kind of replacement.

That's a known problem. Make a swap partition or whatever and use that (I can't help you any more than that as I don't have a pulse :S). The problem is, as the Pulse has super low RAM the messaging app gets killed meaning that some texts don't get through. The swap partition makes RAM so the messaging app doesn't get killed and you get all your texts :lol: