CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

I have installed that and its not there, checked the zip and theres no GApps.apk also when i install gapps-pulse-20101020-signed.zip the google search widget goes and says its now unavailable

Do you have flashed the rom over the old UK 2.1 ROM noticed in twrock's post?

The new 2.1 UK ROM has a smaller system partition and this ROM doesn't fit on it.

I had the same problem yesterday, but now its OK.

Guest twrock
ok so i have gone thru all the custom roms now and none of them seem to have android market! i have tried to manually install the market but i cnt get it to run! can someone point me in the right direction of how in the heck i get the market to actually work?? thanks

If you have gone through "all the custom roms now and none of them seem to have android market", you should start to realize that you must not be installing them correctly. (I can be sure of that because literally thousands of people have installed my CM based rom mods and do have Market working.) You MUST follow the instructions PRECISELY. Since Antonio's CM Plus rom thread suggests you follow the instructions in my Basic CM rom, go to that thread and VERY carefully read every word of the first post on how to install that rom. Don't skip anything or try to change anything. Don't assume anything or think you can take a shortcut. Just do it "by the book".

Good luck.

Guest SkroBot

Phone u8230 with firmware CyanogenMod 6 v.0.4

Include the identification of locations for "wireless networks" - I go to googlemaps - shows that I'm in town, though I'm in a completely different city (over 150 km from that town). Then turn on the GPS, a couple of minutes and GoogleMaps shows my correct location. As soon turn off the GPS - presto, and I am again in the wrong place.

Incidentally, I later noticed that no matter where I am - even on the other end of the Republic of Belarus - is still determining the location of the error.

Moreover, when viewed from the website www.google.com/latitude/, I see that the data (time) is updated, but not location. On the pic - "6 minutes ago".

e58ad0c9b3358f5792a3627633095af0.jpg

The problem still is that I do not know what the problem is: whether the firmware CyanogenMod (in principle not working LBS, for example), whether in the gmail-account, is bound to the phone. Firmware changed not once, and LBS is not working properly. I understand that the problem is rather subtle. But maybe you have any thoughts on this? Has anyone met similar? Maybe there is some "reset"?

Forgive me if I'm someone amused my English:)

Guest wasabiiro

SkroBot, I had similar problems when I visited Belarus and used local sim (life). So it might be not the ROM fault, but something specific to the mobile network operator.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Casterina
You should make a new topic for this so people can find it properly, and do you mean its an official android 2.2 beta made by huawei?

The link say's beta.. so i presume, its a beta :)

Guest Pulseuser1
The link say's beta.. so i presume, its a beta :)

Yes, i realised that. I mean is it a proper official or just one of those random and extremely buggy updates..

Guest twrock

The question we want answered is whether or not we can use the hardware drivers for our CM6 port, particularly the cameras.

Anyone have the info on how the cameras hardware compare?

Guest AntonioPT
The question we want answered is whether or not we can use the hardware drivers for our CM6 port, particularly the cameras.

Anyone have the info on how the cameras hardware compare?

I talked to developer who is working on CM7 for that phone (isaacj87 @ github), and I concluded that the cameras are probably different, e.g. theirs doesn't have auto focus, ours does.

Guest twrock
I talked to developer who is working on CM7 for that phone (isaacj87 @ github), and I concluded that the cameras are probably different, e.g. theirs doesn't have auto focus, ours does.

Bummer.

Guest matangsbuddy

Hi,

I am residing in India, I got a tmobile Pulse ,

i want to unlock this phone to use in india, also I want to install custom ROM in this phone.

But I am confused, is it necessary to unlock the phone if I want to install custom rom ?

Please explain as I am new in this things.

Thanks

Guest Casterina
Hi,

I am residing in India, I got a tmobile Pulse ,

i want to unlock this phone to use in india, also I want to install custom ROM in this phone.

But I am confused, is it necessary to unlock the phone if I want to install custom rom ?

Please explain as I am new in this things.

Thanks

Go to the unlock tmobile pulse pinned topic, this is only necessary if you want to use it with a different network.

Guest matangsbuddy
Go to the unlock tmobile pulse pinned topic, this is only necessary if you want to use it with a different network.

Thanks Casterina,

I was assuming that Installing Custom ROM will unlock automatically, :-(, Let me go through the pinned topic.

Sorry to ask you : Where is this pinned topic ? I can't find.

Edited by matangsbuddy

Guest muhib
Does anyone know if its posible to Activate/desactivate the GPS in a terminal? like Terminal Emulator

Mine dont work!

Edited by muhib

Guest muhib

I updated my pulse to the cyanogen mod-6.1.0-RC2-pulse.. But one thing is annoying me! When i press the camera application i have a small brown line going across the screen! How can i remove this??

Please help!

Guest Casterina
I updated my pulse to the cyanogen mod-6.1.0-RC2-pulse.. But one thing is annoying me! When i press the camera application i have a small brown line going across the screen! How can i remove this??

Please help!

I'd recommend you download twrock or Antonio's ROM because they have further developments to this ROM.

Guest muhib
I'd recommend you download twrock or Antonio's ROM because they have further developments to this ROM.

Where can i find these! please kindly post link also are their updates a 2.1 or 2.2?

Edited by muhib

Guest muhib

Thanks

Edited by muhib