Updated (2.2 style) Market for Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mephestic
Facing the same issue. Please help us.

Me too - can someone please post a quick guide on how to install this exactly? Do we connect the San francisco > mount the device and drag it to a specific folder? Im just guessing here on that though.....everyone seems to know what to do but us n00bs are left behind and ignored :)

Anyone please kind enough to explain?

:)

I just pushed it to my SanFran to replace /system/app/Vending.apk and it worked fine.

Thanks for this, Paul

It does not allow me to write onto the /system/app folder. How do i make it RwD.

Guest Emexrulsier

My galaxy that I got last week on 2.1 possibly has this feature as I get notifications already when updates are available and I have a comments tab so I know no difference.

If I look at my firmware version it is "2.1-update1"

Guest spanner44

I have just placed this onto my SD Card and then clicked on to install it and everything seemed to go okay. It said overwrite existing system file etc and I pressed okay to install.

Afterwards when I now click on the Market icon, I get a message ' The application com.android.vending (process com.android.vending) has stoppede unexpectedly. Please try again '

I of course have tried several times but get the same message.

Anyone got ideas of how I can get this working or get my orginal Market back please ?

I am on an Huawei U8230 (Pulse ?) with the FLB mod.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CitizenLee

I grabbed this from here the other day and all was working fine until this morning.

I went to look for an app and my Market seems to have stopped working. The icon has changed and when I try to open it I get an error saying "The linked program is no longer installed on your phone".

I then downloaded it again and have just tried to install it again but upon completion I get an error saying "Application Not Installed".

The only thing I've done to the phone since last night when it was woking properly was try the BFS version of Flykernal-11c (I was running the non BFS version).

I also use AppBrain but I can't see how that would have broken it.

Maybe Google have somehow stopped 2.2 Market from running on run on 2.1 ROMs?

Anyway, does anyone how can I get the old Market back without restoring from a Nandroid back-up or flashing the ROM again? Is there a 2.1 Market apk available?

Thanks,

Lee

PS - I have a UK Hero running VillainROM 12.

Edited by CitizenLee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Hotte_X

Hallo Leute.

Ich würde gern die Market - Datei im ersten Beitrag herunterladen,

aber scheitere im Download an der Sicherheitsabfrage. Bin ich zu doof ???

Ich begreife nicht, was die von mir wollen. Soll ich den Spruch vervollständigen, oder

einfach den Text eintragen, oder.....

Könnt Ihr mir bitte einen Tip geben ?

Vielen Dank sagt Hotte

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...