Task Manager bug in R3

Guest jdtanner

Guest jdtanner

Hi there,

Just to report that going from a clean unlocked SF, superbooting, applying Clockwork, and then R3 leads to an error with Task Manager when you try and select the resource tab:

"The application Task Manager (process zte.com.cn.taskmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any ideas?

Cheers,

John

Guest jdtanner
Works fine here!

Literally out of the box, root, clockwork and r3 and this error pops up; there are a few other people with the same issue apparently.

John

**Edit**

Well, I just re-flashed using an old R3 MCRI rom that I had knocking about and the Task Manager error has disappeared; I think there might be a bug in the R3 clockwork zip file that prevents resource monitoring.

**Edit #2**

Popping the clockwork R3 back on causes the Task Manager error...

Edited by jdtanner

Guest StevenHarperUK
Literally out of the box, root, clockwork and r3 and this error pops up; there are a few other people with the same issue apparently.

John

**Edit**

Well, I just re-flashed using an old R3 MCRI rom that I had knocking about and the Task Manager error has disappeared; I think there might be a bug in the R3 clockwork zip file that prevents resource monitoring.

**Edit #2**

Popping the clockwork R3 back on causes the Task Manager error...

I can confirm this : I have the exact same error : However the SystemPanel Lite app has no problem showing CPU etc.

The ZTE app on the ROM must have special kernel requirements that are not in the MoDoCo ROM - Its not such a great app - I don't miss it

Guest ken218
I can confirm this : I have the exact same error : However the SystemPanel Lite app has no problem showing CPU etc.

The ZTE app on the ROM must have special kernel requirements that are not in the MoDoCo ROM - Its not such a great app - I don't miss it

Ya, I got the same problem. Was wondering what other task manager i should use. Thanks for the hint :)

Guest balb0wa

Had r3 on, task manager resource worked fine, installed clockwork mod , get the crash message, quite odd as first few times it was ok but cpu usage at 95%

Guest balb0wa
I just deleted the task manager app from the r3.zip before i installed it, and am using system panel from market.

yes very good that system panel app :-)

Guest anarita
How strange! :)

P

1st post from a noob

Last night managed to install r3 superboot root + MCRi, clockwordmod recovery & r3 modaco rom. All went suprisingly well thanks to Paul's guides & other threads on the forum!

But have got the same problem with task manager showing all running tasks as unknown & crashes when trying to see the resource info with a "The application task manager (process zte.com.cn.taskmanager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with a force close option.

Has anybody found a solution to this problem yet?

Just to say that I have unlocked, installed MCRI & R3 and then added ClockWorkMod. I am not experiencing this issue with Task Manager, it seems to run fine on mine?

Just to say that I have unlocked, installed MCRI & R3 and then added ClockWorkMod. I am not experiencing this issue with Task Manager, it seems to run fine on mine?

i did mine today but have issues with task manager

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aranathos
I removed the task manager drom R3, i use system panel from the market.

Does the ROM have to be signed again for it to be picked up by Clockwork? I removed the task manager from it but Clockwork does not see the .zip in the root of the sd card.