Best car dock / windscreen mount for SF

Guest Picard SF

Guest Jamie McR

Well good news - the fit is actually excellent - the device clips nicely into place. the kit also came with the cat 12V power supply - result.

Can add photos if anyone wants me to

Guest n00kie bear
Well good news - the fit is actually excellent - the device clips nicely into place. the kit also came with the cat 12V power supply - result.

Thanks for the heads up. Have just ordered one. :)

Guest robot1000

Ordered one too

U getting any commission? :)

Guest danfulton

Could you post a photo of the back of the unit - where it connects to the window mount.

Looking for a mount which will fit an existing bicyle mount point!

Guest AndyHibberd

Ordering now (After placing it on the speedometer dashboard bit which worked but occasionally fell over).

Also if you want to track your bike rides (danfulton) and aren't too fussed about seeing the screen in terms of guidance/mapping I can confirm that the device works through your jacket. I turned on mytracks and put it in the back pocket of my cycling jacket, tracked the whole route!

Guest dav_dako

Yep, photos please, if you have the time.

Thanks

Edited by dav_dako

Looks good. Can the handset clip part be rotated so the phone is horizontal too? And any idea of the current output on the charger? I heard that 500ma is too low to quickly charge the phone.

Thanks

Guest AndyHibberd

The charger that comes with this mount isn't micro USB, it's for the i900.

It does fit perfectly though, the arm is rigid but flexible enough to bend into shape. It has a ball socket joint so is completely flexible regarding orientation. Also you turn a screw to lock the orientation if you wish.

Apparently you should get a 1amp charger? I ordered one separately but dunno what power it is...

Edited by AndyHibberd

Guest Samlock
I ordered the same one, heres 2 pics from mine. As already mentioned it fits the blade perfect and theres no movement.

*snip*

For a second there, I thought your background on the phone was your reflection...!

Looks good, think I'll order one too. Been after one for a while since the last one was run over while camping >.<

Guest tcpaulh

Mine arrived the other day. As has been said the power supply has an i900 connector but we knew that. It's not the best quality mount but definitely good value for the price. There is a millimeter or two of play when the blade is mounted but it doesn't seem to rattle when driving. Can confirm landscape or portrait orientation is possible. Landscape suits the charging lead better.

Mine arrived today. I'm really pleased with how good it fits.

Thanks for the recommendation

Thanks for the recommendation. Got it today and seems good.

Please can somebody confirm whether the supplied car charger will work or not? To me it looks like the same fitting! (Micro USB) But don't want to try and use it and break something. Thanks

Guest TheTwiddler
Mine arrived today but they've sent the wrong holder. This one is wider than the phone. :P

Mine arrived today also. Holder is a nice snug fit around the perimeter, but may need a sticky fixer or two if it rattles back and forth in situ.

It came with a micro USB lead and definitely charges the 'Phone when connected up. However, the curly lead is only about 1M long when stretched, so isn't long enough to reach from the RH side window in front of the door to the Accessory socket in the console between the front seats on my Zafira.

I'll have to have a rummage around under the RH dash over the weekend and see if I can safely rig up a supply or I'll have to look for a micro USB extension lead or a car charger with a much longer lead.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest manzaboy

I tried the Clingo but the SF wouldn't stay on. After it falling off 3 times whilst travelling I gave up & returned it to the shop for a refund before I damaged it properly!

Think I will try the Omnia one instead.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davy1010
Hello , just a quick question, does anybody know if they ship International to ? or at least in the EU ?

thanks !

They do ship to EU but its really expensive, I checked for Belgium and its 16 pounds.

I just ordered a i900 car mount from Ebay for +- 5 dollar (shipping included):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=190402176493

I'm willing to take a risk for 5 dollar

Edited by davy1010