Best car dock / windscreen mount for SF

Guest Picard SF

Guest Lee Black

I got myself this one: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165635

I got it from Tesco though for £14.99, ideal for Traffic recorder as many mounts hide the camera

It also holds ZTE securely and misses Volume buttons

I strongly reccomend it

Cradle also tilts for Landscape view etc

:(

Edited by Lee Black

Guest NorthRiding
http://www.brodit.com/?main=productinforma...&anr=511235 .-)

EDIT: I have asked Brodit if Active Holders are also planned and will post their feedback here if received.

What a fantastic range of products and a great website. Nice to be able to match both the phone and the car - RHD or LHD too.

Makes it a bit harder to decide but this "short" holder mounted on the dash is what I am looking for rather than windscreen which is too far away from me in my Cmax.

Thanks for pointing it out and thanks to everyone else who have posted in response to my query.

Guest Mikeandme

Mousemann99 asked

Can anyone recommend a mount/holder that does not stick onto the Windscreen?

I got a black vent mount for £7 from Halfords this week. It has fairly small lugs which mean it can fit to the small vents on my car. Two expanding side holders and a bottom support. Does the job fine for me.

Guest tyrol_gangster
I use a Brodit Samsung i8910 Omnia HD holder (passive) that just about takes my Sanfran in a gell case. Going to give it a slight sand to make it an easier fit but it does work currently

ironically i bought the same holder (875264) a day before spotting the blade holder news info on their web :-) can you pls confirm your phone also is held tightly in the middle section, but can move several mm (back/forward) at the bottom? looks strange to me...

Guest oh!dougal
My Arkon IPM514 Slimgrip arrived and so far i'm more than happy.

411N4kZVAqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Quite solid, holds the phone perfectly, doesn't interfere with volume or power buttons and the usb port is easily accessible. Haven't had a chance to test the suction cup on the windscreen yet but I don't see that being an issue.

Can anyone recommend a mount/holder that does not stick onto the Windscreen?

I've just got an Arkon IPM523-G (from Morpeth, via eBay, £12 something inc delivery.

Its a cup-holder mount plus the same 'slimgrip' ("iPhone") phone holder as the IPM514.

The Arkon stuff is great. My pop-out cupholder is however a bit shaky, which the stalk magnifies -- but its VERY usable, even over ruts in the road, and the whole thing is instantly de-mountable.

Referring to the photo above - the four legs are individually sideways adjustable, to clear for example the headphone socket.

BUT I am using the pair of alternate (longer) legs supplied, which makes it much less of a squeeze to clip the phone into its holder.

Seems like a piece of good quality kit. Pleased at £12 something.

Guest rwalton159
Glad you're happy with it. :D I don't fancy sticking the holder to my cars dash as it would have to be left in place. This may then mean someone would be tempted to break in to

my car to try and find the sat nav / phone etc.

You're correct about reliance on 3rd parties for accessories. Missed opportunities!

Anyway, I've ordered the CR-115 from DealExtreme. £3.41 inc p&p

Received this (at last) and its fine. Vibrates a little but okay.

I would not recommend DealExtreme. Ordered 6th Feb and delivery 10th March isn't very good service regardless of the price.

:(

Guest FrankyG
It's a great holder, and I have no issues with it. It is a little fiddly to get the phone into position (the USB connection position is the cause of this), but once positioned it doesn't move or wobble.

Hmm. I just got the Cr122 and the phone doesn't fit that well. Too much room in my opinion. When mounted in landscape the phone is free to move freely left and right over a range of about 1cm. While I don't think it will fall out, it's not a great fit. Obviously it would be better with some kind of skin on the phone.

When mounted portrait, the phone slides down the mount until it stops, at which point it's nearly free of the top retaining lugs. Clearly looks like the phone is too small for the holder. Think I might send the CR122 back.

Can anyone recommend a skin for the phone that might help it fit a bit better into the holder?

Regards,

Edit - picture added. Bought some ladies gel pads (for shoes!), cut them up and stuck them on to the CR122. Much better fit! doesn't slip at all. It will do until my silicon skin arrives.

post-1113-1300215197_thumb.jpg

Edited by FrankyG

Guest thriddle
Can anyone recommend a skin for the phone that might help it fit a bit better into the holder?

I'm using one with a Nillikin silicon shell on the phone and I find it's very secure. Bit of a fiddle to get positioned right, as a previous poster said, but once it's in you're all set.

Guest dibbles
i bought one of these cost £2.40 inc del and works great rotates 360 degree spring loaded nice tight fit with my Jelly Case from timeblast well chuffed with it nothing gets in the way of it what a real bargain :( from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Windshield-Car-Mount...=item3cb5a61ca2

That price seems good to me :D

How long did it take for delivery as they are based in HK.....?

Thanks

Edited by dibbles

Guest manit40
That price seems good to me :D

How long did it take for delivery as they are based in HK.....?

Thanks

took 11 days well worth the wait a real steal m8 :(

Guest jaykf

I've ordered a Clingo vent mount after seeing the OSF starring in this video :

Should be arriving in a couple of days - fingers crossed it sticks :D

Guest Rodelkoenig
I've ordered a Clingo vent mount after seeing the OSF starring in this video :

Should be arriving in a couple of days - fingers crossed it sticks :D

Yea pls tell us if it sticks fine with your orange^^

got the same phone and im not sure if i should buy one :D

Guest thedandyp
Yea pls tell us if it sticks fine with your orange^^

got the same phone and im not sure if i should buy one :D

Well just look at the video...

Guest dekocast

Hi,

I am looking for a car air vent mount for my SF with Jelly Case from Nillkin.

Of course I do not want to remove the Jelly Case each time I would like to use the car mount.

Therefore, the air vent mount must be suitable for the dimensions of the SF with Jelly Case (117x60x14mm).

Coincidentally, the Motorola Defy has exactly the same dimensions, so I have been looking for a suitable mount and found this:

http://www.rpasonline.com/pd-car-vent-moun...torola-defy.cfm

Perhaps someone has already tried this mount for SF with Jelly Case and can give any feedback?

Thanks,

dekocast

Guest Rotmann
i bought one of these cost £2.40 inc del and works great rotates 360 degree spring loaded nice tight fit with my Jelly Case from timeblast well chuffed with it nothing gets in the way of it what a real bargain :D from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Windshield-Car-Mount...=item3cb5a61ca2

I have this one too, but bought from DealExtreme here.. Came in 2-3 weeks I think. Here are some pictures (about one month old, sorry for the delay). I like it very much, good quality and very compact.

post-779710-1300881357_thumb.jpg

post-779710-1300881391_thumb.jpg

post-779710-1300881430_thumb.jpg

post-779710-1300881461_thumb.jpg

post-779710-1300881484_thumb.jpg

post-779710-1300881511_thumb.jpg

Guest manit40
I have this one too, but bought from DealExtreme here.. Came in 2-3 weeks I think. Here are some pictures (about one month old, sorry for the delay). I like it very much, good quality and very compact.

great pix and i must say it does a great job ya carnt go wrong for £2.40 from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Mount-Holder-Cra...=item3a63bf69f9

Guest Crunchy Saviour

I didn't want visible suction cup marks, so I just bought one of these for my new-shape Ford Fiesta (Mk7?) : http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/universal-phone...lder-p27265.htm - it turned up today and it seems of good quality.

The photo on the Mobilefun site suggests it will fit the round vent. It doesn't!

The vent blades are too deep (the clip isn't long enough). It does fit the centre console vents, which are of a more traditional style, however when it's clipped to the right-hand vent, the phone is hidden behind the steering wheel, and when it's clipped to the left vent, the ball joint does not allow the phone to be angled enough towards the driver.

All is not lost, though. I still think this is the best type of vent-mounting (metal claw with spring-loaded plastic holder, two adjustable stabilising legs) so I'm going to build a new chassis for this unit out of plastic or metal or something, and the holder's modular design will mean I can remove the phone holder section and re-attach it somewhere else on the vent mount, above the metal clip section and to the left. This will mean I can put it on the right-hand centre console vent, near the steering wheel. Bingo!

Photos to come when I've modified it.

• 5 months later...
Guest apuk2004

Brodit ACTIVE holders now available under part nos 512235 (cig-plug) and 513235 (fixed).

UK prices for these holders are ridiculous!

£25 for a basic holder or £35 for an integrated charger version!

I already have a "pro clip" and holder/charger for my old N95 8gb so i know brodit is good but they're a bit pricey unless you keep your phone for a while.

Edited by apuk2004