Random Reboots

Guest flash2004

Guest flash2004

Since 2 weeks, I am experiencing a random reboot of my SF, once everyday. The time is not fixed but it happens once. I am on r3 right now.

Does this happen to anybody else ?

Not to me, are you saying it's happened since new? You could try removing any software you have added and/or restoring it to stock to see if it continues as it could be a hardware fault.

Guest Jelly Mould

Mine has rebooted itself on several occasions (I'm running the default ROM). I also find that it turns itself off, or at least won't allow me to unlock the screen so appears to be off - this normally only happens at work though - maybe something to do with the WiFi here? Unlikely I'd have thought though...

Guest flash2004

Let me try and restore it to stock for some time.

BTW, the other issue also happens - it turns itself off (screen only I presume) and then since there is no way to turn it on, I have to remove the battery to reboot it again.

There might be a hardware issue here ?

Guest StickyGeko

Mines Unlocked on o2, but mine freezes randomly, completely locks up, cant do anything with it, ill upload a vid via youtube tonight, i wana make sure everythings running as it should before i root and stick Pauls rom on.... I find that it lags quite a bit too, not always, just now and then, I ve checked and theres nothing running bar the androids system files

those having lock-ups and freezing, can you try it without any SD card inserted please.

I've had mine for a number of weeks, always switched on and has never once locked up or froze.

Check your CPU usage regularly to see if it's varying between low and very high often, there is a free app you can download (can't remember the name) that graphs both CPU and Mem usage over time.

Also try switching off any Wifi/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA connections, just to eliminate possiblities that its doing some background data transfer that's causing you the freezing.

It could possibily be hardware, those having this problem may want to exchange hardware serial numbers, and where purchased from, to see if there's a correlation (sometimes vendors get a bad batch).

Good luck !

Edited by xzyk

Guest Kuteguy
Mine has rebooted itself on several occasions (I'm running the default ROM). I also find that it turns itself off, or at least won't allow me to unlock the screen so appears to be off - this normally only happens at work though - maybe something to do with the WiFi here? Unlikely I'd have thought though...

Yes I get this too. My phone is stock standard. Unlocked. It always happens to me mid-conversation - the phone just reboots. Its happened about once a week since I got the phone the day it was released.

Usually my wifi, gps, data is turned off.

Guest turnpike
Yes I get this too. My phone is stock standard. Unlocked. It always happens to me mid-conversation - the phone just reboots. Its happened about once a week since I got the phone the day it was released.

Hi. First post :-) I do like my SF, it's the first android OS I've used.

However mine's freezing. It's happened about 4 times in a week since I got it. I just can't get the screen to come back from standby. Last night I woke up half way through the night, the phone had been fully charged but I noticed it was lit. A black screen but lit up. Pressing and holding the power button did nothing. I had to take the battery out. The battery power was down to 23% even though I'd done nothing.

I'm on the standard orange rom. It happened a couple of times in the first few days before I'd really installed anything too.

I was going to flash it but I'm thinking I should maybe go and ask for a replacement.

Edited by turnpike

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest joelraburton

I am also experiencing random reboots, though it never happens when I am doing anything with the actual phone. No calls have been dropped and I can use navigation for hours on end with out any problems. So I guess I can count small blessings for that at least.

The reboots are odd as well, they do not do a full power cycle as far as I can see. Never get the green android, just goes straight to the orange splash screen>logo>pin code screen? So not sure if it is completely rebooting or just having a kernel panic of some sort!

Phone unlocked (using a store as didn't know about this site)

Rooted

Running stock rom though as far as I know

Guest intheblue
I am also experiencing random reboots, though it never happens when I am doing anything with the actual phone. No calls have been dropped and I can use navigation for hours on end with out any problems. So I guess I can count small blessings for that at least.

The reboots are odd as well, they do not do a full power cycle as far as I can see. Never get the green android, just goes straight to the orange splash screen>logo>pin code screen? So not sure if it is completely rebooting or just having a kernel panic of some sort!

Rooted

I get the same, happens everyday / every other day. Never a full reboot, as above it starts at Orange splash screen.

Can happen when I am using it or when it is idle. Can't find a reason, I though it was Launcher Pro but removing and doing a factory reset has not solved the problem. Its a bit of a pain as I have missed calls when it is sitting on the PIN unlock screen.

Running Stock Orange 2.1 ROM. Unlocked (by code) now on T-Mobile. Never been rooted.

Guest gameSTICKER

Mine reboots almost once a day, when the phone rings or mid conversation. This started about a week ago. Since then, I've tried various ROMs but the issue always comes back. I feel like some app is causing this, but I still have to narrow it...

Guest joelraburton

I don't think it is Launcherpro as it was rebooting on me before I installed that app. As for how often it does it might do it several times in one day then can go for several days before rebooting again.

Also when it reboots it does not appear to reset the Up Time counter under the status tab which it does when you totally power cycle it.

Firmware: 2.1-update1

Baseband: P729BB01

Kernel: 2.6.29 zte-kernal@zdroid-smt

Build No: OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05

Edited by joelraburton

I don't own (yet) a blade, but I do get this kind of behavior with my Nokia E61 when simcard is not properly fitted, and it moves.

Usually happens in my pocket, while driving, walking around, etc.

I do get half reboots, SIM Card registration failed, pin being asked without a reboot and the phone still in main UI, etc.

For the blade, this could also be linked to the screws not tightened properly (squeaky phone), squeezing the phone to have it work, etc. Just a thought.

I hope I won't get a phone with problems, because I will buy it from ebay - Belgium here, no Orange :unsure: )

All the best and keep up the mods I will be using them soon.

I don't own (yet) a blade, but I do get this kind of behavior with my Nokia E61 when simcard is not properly fitted, and it moves.

Usually happens in my pocket, while driving, walking around, etc.

I do get half reboots, SIM Card registration failed, pin being asked without a reboot and the phone still in main UI, etc.

For the blade, this could also be linked to the screws not tightened properly (squeaky phone), squeezing the phone to have it work, etc. Just a thought.

I hope I won't get a phone with problems, because I will buy it from ebay - Belgium here, no Orange B) )

All the best and keep up the mods I will be using them soon.

:angry: Thanks a a lot probably this is an issue of loose SIM card slot .

I was facing the same problem and after reading your post found the sim card loose and took out the SIM card pressed the steel jacket inward now the card is no longer loose, hope it corrects our problem :unsure:.

Regards ,

Somak

Sorry,

It is again rebooting .Is there a way to check the log file as we have in Linux systems ?

It appears to be a software bug .

Any help will be appreciated .

Regards ,

Somak

:unsure:

Guest gameSTICKER

For me, Blade is restarting with both 2.1 and 2.2 ROMs, so looks more of a hardware issue. However earlier I was using SlideScreen with data access (updates) every 15 minutes and Blade was restarting a few times a day, only when on call. I switched off almost all known data access services and since then had hardly 2 restarts in 3-4 days.

Can data access be the culprit here?

For me, Blade is restarting with both 2.1 and 2.2 ROMs, so looks more of a hardware issue. However earlier I was using SlideScreen with data access (updates) every 15 minutes and Blade was restarting a few times a day, only when on call. I switched off almost all known data access services and since then had hardly 2 restarts in 3-4 days.

Can data access be the culprit here?

You are right when making a call prior to rebooting the phone becomes very slow and then it turns black and then reboots .

Don't know the reason it only happens while making calls .

Is there any way to check system log files in Android ?

Regards ,

Somak

Guest joelraburton
B) Thanks a a lot probably this is an issue of loose SIM card slot .

I was facing the same problem and after reading your post found the sim card loose and took out the SIM card pressed the steel jacket inward now the card is no longer loose, hope it corrects our problem :unsure:.

Regards ,

Somak

Whilst this could the case for some people I think it is not for me, the phone can randomly reboot when it is just sitting on the desk having experienced no movement for at least an hour. It feels more like a software issue than a hardware one, the few times I have notice it crash whilst running it does slow done before soft reset....though I did notice the clock continue to work right up until the screen went black even though nothing else was responding.

Guest joelraburton
My Blade reboots if you smack the left hand side of it.

I do not appear to be able to replicate this with my hand set, sounds like a hardware issue in your case, have you checked that the sim card is securely seated?

Edited by joelraburton

Guest MrMirUK

Rooted

+1

• 2 months later...
Guest MrMirUK

anyone resolved this problem yet? Mine seems to be getting worse like a few reboots a day. Then i dont receive texts after it does the random reboot. I have to switch it off and on again to start receiving texts again. It is making me hate the phone lol. using stock rom, unlocked and debranded.

Guest ricer

Mine was crashing when I plugged it in, which i got very suspicious about. It was SetCPU(charging profile) overclocking it to 720Mhz which it can't handle and thus crashing.

If it locks, black screen wont unlock, only taking out battery or charging it works, then its your ROM.