Custom Battery Indicator In Taskbar

Guest crazyfool_1

Guest crazyfool_1

I'm new to android and have been looking at various home screens threads on forums and alot of people seem to have the percentage indicated in their taskbar battery icon which I think is alot more useful than the stock indicator. From what I can tell it seems that this comes from custom roms and cant be installed manually so is there anyway this can be incorporated or flashed onto the current r3 rom? Or will this be possible via the online kitchen?

I've also seen the option to remove the taskbar clock which I think is another feature that is useful as most people use clock widgets so the taskbar clock is pointless.

Btw this is not an "i want this" thread. I was just wondering if this is possible or planned. Thanks.

Guest robot1000
Is it possible to use the supercircle battery mod for ZTE blade maybe? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2

http://circle.glx.nl/how_to/

I'm trying to install it now

Edit

How stupid can I get :) , I forgot to do a nandroid backup

I've flashed the battery zip file and I'm getting force closes, so I'm going to have to restore the ROM

Avoid using the above method if you don't know what your doing :)

Edited by robot1000

Guest crumplycord

any news on this? its just this and the custom power control widget that i miss from CM6.0 now, got an app that sticks on in the task bar but its a bit daft having two battery indicators in the task bar

Guest robot1000
any news on this? its just this and the custom power control widget that i miss from CM6.0 now, got an app that sticks on in the task bar but its a bit daft having two battery indicators in the task bar

Works fine for me

I must have downloaded a damaged zip file before,

Guest crumplycord

awesome, will give it a go when I get home, would this be reset by a new rom flash? ie should I wait till I have put R4 on before applying this?

Guest robot1000
awesome, will give it a go when I get home, would this be reset by a new rom flash? ie should I wait till I have put R4 on before applying this?

Yeh it does

Guest crumplycord

tried a couple of times to create a package with the A battery indicator with black numbers but has failed in my phone each time getting stuck at the green android, not quite sure what I have done wrong here

Guest robot1000
tried a couple of times to create a package with the A battery indicator with black numbers but has failed in my phone each time getting stuck at the green android, not quite sure what I have done wrong here

What steps did you take?

Guest crumplycord
What steps did you take?

selected a black numbers, then next, next, next, next uploaded my framework-res.apk once complete went to the pickup downloaded the one i needed to then copied to sd booted into clockwork, back up then installed the zip then rebooted. just hung seen the other thread with the frameworks noticed some of them have percentage battery indicators my just give them a bash

Guest lovelldr

Just installed this to R3 it's chuffin awesome thanks!

There seems to be a nice community following this phone already!

Which of those files do I need? Do I just install (for example) GalaxyS Blue Theme & Circle Battery Without Bootanimation, using the clockwork mod, and then it works? Does this also change the theme, as it sounds to?! Any way of installing without the theme?

Guest mario999

Which of those files do I need? Do I just install (for example) GalaxyS Blue Theme & Circle Battery Without Bootanimation, using the clockwork mod, and then it works? Does this also change the theme, as it sounds to?! Any way of installing without the theme?

I wanted the theme anyway so I don't know if you can install the battery percentage on its own. I guess you could always backup with clockwork recovery and give it a go.

Guest lovelldr

OK, after searching around for a way to make just the battery different, I found the UOT Kitchen...

This just alters the battery, and so everything else is left as was... :)

Attached screen shot and the just battery (although if you have altered other icons etc, I imagine it will reset them back to stock if using this...

Hope this helps people who were stuck like me :)

post-561919-1287146189_thumb.png

UOT_ZC_10_15_13_10_1.zip

Guest john306
OK, after searching around for a way to make just the battery different, I found the UOT Kitchen...

This just alters the battery, and so everything else is left as was... :)

Attached screen shot and the just battery (although if you have altered other icons etc, I imagine it will reset them back to stock if using this...

Hope this helps people who were stuck like me :)

Nice one thanks