Advent Android tablets set to hit the Dixons Group stores shortly

Guest PaulOBrien

really?

Kevrae...where are youuuuuuu? :rolleyes:

i am sorry as said in an earlier post i did say i forgot yesterday and not back untill thursday, i am starting early on thursday 7:30 so will try to update on the am before you guys set out. i will keep you posted as and when i can.

Guest shutdown
i am sorry as said in an earlier post i did say i forgot yesterday and not back untill thursday, i am starting early on thursday 7:30 so will try to update on the am before you guys set out. i will keep you posted as and when i can.

you don't need a holiday! Now go back to work!!!

j/k just appreciate your comments in this thread :rolleyes:

Guest Spungo12

I just rang PC World and they said they wouldn't have it in stock for two weeks. (I tried to call my local bricks-and-mortar branch in case that was just some idiot talking about online sales, but all the numbers Google found for it were dead.)

Guest shutdown

can i just ask people to stop calling the stores :rolleyes:

all the comebacks are confusing

IF you physically see a vega then shout it but really, the mixed reports are just no help

PS: i'm not being arsey, all meant to be taken in good spirits :huh:

Edited by shutdown

Guest swarrans

I just went into my local Currys/PCW and asked and the spotty youth said mid December! I expect it will be tomorrow though

Edit: sorry Shutdown!

Edited by swarrans

Guest ricwales1

Yeah i think we all know really we cant trust the word from pc world or currys or dixons, as the staff are either not told and/or just dont have a clue.

So i guess we just need to hold on and hope for the best. I just hope the website is updates with stock quick as a good indicator lol

Guest Spungo12

I'd say no chance. I've just spoken to half-a-dozen branches and the responses ranged from "Yes, it's out, but we're totally out of stock" to "It's only in the airport branches, we're hoping to have them before Christmas" and "None of the branches in the area are showing as having it and there's no information on the system at all as to when it might be out".

Looks pretty convincingly like we've got a few weeks to wait yet.

Guest Bisto321
I just went into my local Currys/PCW and asked and the spotty youth said mid December! I expect it will be tomorrow though

Edit: sorry Shutdown!

yep do agree with shutdown (although I have done it too, sorry)

The messages you get from store staff are not great - they go to work, do a job and come home again - most do not care about the tech or its stock availability

Put 'most' in there because I know some are actually pretty good.

Went in to ask about getting my folio on the day of launch and the two staff I talked to both looked at me and said "no mate, not getting those until next week at the earliest" and as I turned and walked away another young chap, who had overheard the conversation, said "don't listen to them, they have just come in this morning. I will go and get one for you"

As it turns out I wish I had walked away, but proves a point about trusting store staff

Guest Spungo12
yep do agree with shutdown (although I have done it too, sorry)

The messages you get from store staff are not great - they go to work, do a job and come home again - most do not care about the tech or its stock availability

They do generally know whether they have any in or not, as even the slowest-witted sales assistant still has eyes in their head. And unless someone's going to come in with a dramatic revelation, the simple facts are that they're all telling basically the same story - as far as we know NOWHERE has confirmed stock of the Vega today, and nor does it look like anyone's going to any time in the immediate future. Clinging to some desperate fantasy that every employee we've heard from today is a clueless idiot is only going to lead to disappointment.

Edited by Spungo12

Guest removed-14
They do generally know whether they have any in or not, as even the slowest-witted sales assistant still has eyes in their head.

This was not the case when I went into my local PC World to look at the Folio 100. I was told on the phone they had a delivery of 10. When I went in they had no idea what I was talking about and it took a manager to check the stock room to see if what I was asking for existed! Low and behold he came back saying they were there but still didn't know what on earth it was!

Guest shutdown

i was passing my local PCW (Mansfield) and saw the stand for tablets. They had the Tab on show, a space for what was the Folio but a baner about them both for the Vega.

So I asked a chap about if any in or when any would be in. He told me it had been delayed because of the folio and no idea of when

but on a passing note he did say...you'll love this

The spec of the Vega is better than he realised! It's got a 2.1Ghz processor inside it!

i tried to argue that it's not the specs but unless something new has popped up i realised I'd found a numpty and left the store

Guest simon.n.jonez
i was passing my local PCW (Mansfield) and saw the stand for tablets. They had the Tab on show, a space for what was the Folio but a baner about them both for the Vega.

So I asked a chap about if any in or when any would be in. He told me it had been delayed because of the folio and no idea of when

but on a passing note he did say...you'll love this

The spec of the Vega is better than he realised! It's got a 2.1Ghz processor inside it!

i tried to argue that it's not the specs but unless something new has popped up i realised I'd found a numpty and left the store

i never listen to the idiots that work there,hes just got confused coz its got 2 1 Ghz processors

Guest Bisto321
Clinging to some desperate fantasy that every employee we've heard from today is a clueless idiot is only going to lead to disappointment.

I have had many desperate fantasy’s in my life? But none have included clueless idiots at DSG stores.

We will just have to wait and see. (It is the waiting bit I am having problems with)

I don't think I have been this excited about anything since Helen Clark put her hands down my shorts on a school trip to France :rolleyes:

I do own one 'gadget' the responds extremely well to touch input!

Too much? I’ll get me coat………

Guest space_cowboy1985
I have had many desperate fantasy’s in my life? But none have included clueless idiots at DSG stores.

We will just have to wait and see. (It is the waiting bit I am having problems with)

I don't think I have been this excited about anything since Helen Clark put her hands down my shorts on a school trip to France :rolleyes:

I do own one 'gadget' the responds extremely well to touch input!

Too much? I’ll get me coat………

Was it 7" or 10.1"?

Guest Bisto321

Talking of dell streaks - yes I know it is a thread about the Vega, but until one of them turns up we may as well waste some time.

They are bloody expensive for what they are aren't they? The Galaxy Tab @ £469 looks like a bargain compared to it.

Also, not sure if anybody has seen one of these (link below), it might be ok if the vega does not show up this weekend - anyone seen one in the wild yet?

Exciting Tablet Device

Guest shutdown
Talking of dell streaks - yes I know it is a thread about the Vega, but until one of them turns up we may as well waste some time.

They are bloody expensive for what they are aren't they? The Galaxy Tab @ £469 looks like a bargain compared to it.

Also, not sure if anybody has seen one of these (link below), it might be ok if the vega does not show up this weekend - anyone seen one in the wild yet?

Exciting Tablet Device

No forward or rear facing camera, can't be rooted, no access to marketplace, more expensive than a G-tab, no point :rolleyes:

Guest Bisto321
No forward or rear facing camera, can't be rooted, no access to marketplace, more expensive than a G-tab, no point :rolleyes:

But apart from that its a 'winner', yeah?

The Vega should come with appslib, yes? Been browsing it here and it looks ok(ish)

Hope the market hack for the viewsonic gpad on XDA works though, that would be good :huh:

Guest charlie_82

Accidentally stumbled across this today

Aigo N700 (7" Tablet)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Android-Bas...ed-166755.shtml

http://tablet-news.com/2010/11/17/aigo-n70...gn-tegra-2-cpu/

http://www.slashgear.com/aigos-tegra-2-aig...rives-16114300/

The design is something different but I kinda like it... doesn't look like an iPad clone.

The good stuff is what's under hood though:

- Dual Core 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 CPU (Tegra 250)

- 512MB RAM

- Android 2.1

- 1080p full HD video

- supports Adobe Flash 10.1 (Can that be right on Android 2.1?)

- 7 inch WVGA capacitive multitouch display

- 3G (!!!!!!!!!), WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, HDMI out

- 1.3MP webcam

- G-sensor, accelerometer, 3G voice calling, USB, audio, video, dock connections

- Micro SD (as per a comment on this site: http://www.pocketables.net/2010/11/aigos-f...pocketables%29)

- Mass of only 380 grams!

According to Softpedia & Slashgear, this should carry a price tag of around $450...

Edited by charlie_82