froyo 2.2

Guest smsmasters.co.uk

Is ADB working in clockwork now, if so, can't you mount and access through that? Or can clockwork backup the files you need?

adb works in clockwork, but thats no good for reading logs when trying to boot the system or for change settings on sysfs, getting an interactive shell etc.

I set the logging options flibblesan mentioned using init.rc, but it didn't help with my problems.

I'll have a go at fixing radio in the chinese rom.

I can't tell as I can't get ADB working with the rom at all, so I'm unable to get logs.

I just booted your rom. ADB works for me. Are you may be not running the pc side adb server as root (assuming you are in linux)?

I just booted your rom. ADB works for me. Are you may be not running the pc side adb server as root (assuming you are in linux)?

I can tell you he's not running Linux.

Guest hillmie87
I've been out this evening, for a very nice late night surf/swim, and come back to 2 (or 3) guys who'd between them left me over 50 messages about the fact 'my ROM' is not as fast as another ROM they don't have and how the Phone part does not work. One of them was demanding to know when I was going to fix it as it was 'damaging his eBay business' he' had already sold handsets with the promise of 2.2.

just ignore him. You're doing this for the whole community, and his attitude isn't helping at all.

The very least that he could do is appreciate all the hardwork and be polite.

Guest Simon O

Windows. Something is preventing me from accessing the phone when it's running 2.2. I've patched the drivers to use the new device ID but didn't make much difference.

Oh well :P

Guest netspoon

1.0.26 was the only ADB binary that seemed to detect the SF. 1.0.25 didn't work.

g.

Windows. Something is preventing me from accessing the phone when it's running 2.2. I've patched the drivers to use the new device ID but didn't make much difference.

Oh well :P

I was talking to Rem1x about this last night/this morning and when I switch to 2.2 I get 4 devices in Device Manager that refuse to install drivers, even when I've previously had them installed when it's been running 2.1.

Rild fails. The first problem is permissions, but after fixing that there are missing devices from /dev/oncrpc/. What libraries are you using for ril? The chinese ones?

Guest vl4d1m1r
Rild fails. The first problem is permissions, but after fixing that there are missing devices from /dev/oncrpc/. What libraries are you using for ril? The chinese ones?

Yesterday, Stephen Hyde got the phone radio working using RIL libraries ripped from the 2.1 release. Might be useful info.

Guest Stephen Hyde
Yesterday, Stephen Hyde got the phone radio working using RIL libraries ripped from the 2.1 release. Might be useful info.

nope i got it workign for all of about 5 seconds showed a 3g connection then promptly dies

the drivers in 2.2/.32 kernel are using a different vid so drivers will need hacking to work, adb DOES work since im using it myself

But you're using ADB within Linux, right?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out.

I finally got my blade a couple of days ago (thanks flibblesan) and have started a froyo build from aosp source. I probably won't put much effort into the aosp build (unless people want it), once it is booting and stable I will concentrate on a CyanogenMod port.

I have it booting into init with the 2.6.32 kernel, adbd is running and usb is working, but sh and logcat return nothing (no error, just nothing). 'adb pull' works, so I can see a bit of what is happening by pulling /proc/kmsg, but it would really be useful if I could see what is in logcat, so does anyone know why logcat would not be working? Is there any other way to access the logcat logs? I thought pulling /dev/log/main might work but it looks like it doesn't.

I've attached the kmsg (dmesg) full of fail if anyone is interested. It looks like servicemanager is dying and taking everything with it.

let me help with this, as standard android aosp sources for froyo need kernel VMSPLIT_3g set not vmsplit_2g, which is set in our .32 kernel - obviosuly the china rom is modified to allow this to work

V880 port developer download

What is it?

This is the V880 ROM, packaged up to work (of sorts) on our San Franciscos. It has been de-Chinese'd and has had the Google bits added.

What doesn't work?

No phone functionality works (it shows no signal), and the Google apps are unable to create an account until they have Phone access it seems. Vicious circle. :D

So why bother posting it

This is for DEVELOPERS, to use as a starting point to try and fix the phone functionality, or perhaps for anyone eager to benchmark 2.2 on the Blade.

Where do I get it?

r1 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 60a363c0c9f8575194a0ee2c3008ccff

I have a bug / not working functionality report, where do I send it?

You don't. :D You can post it in this topic, but don't contact me directly as this is just a developer download. Much better idea - help us fix it. :P

P

Guest Stephen Hyde
Thanks Paul!

I give it... an hour before we start seeing posts from people asking why the phone doesn't work :P

agreed :D, anyone read my pastebin above by the way