T-Mobile G2 : Unlock phone with code and now no SIM card work

Guest bluemoko

Guest bluemoko

Hi, just to share my expereience and want some idea to enlight me.

I have T-Mobile G2 with a slightly loose hinge, from eBay. Then I punch a network unlock code BOOM the phone ask to reboot and once it reboot itself it can't connect to any network. It can detect SIM card fine, all SIM card can be detct. But none can be connect.

How would this situation happen? even it's own T-Mobile SIM card is not working at all

Guest harolds5
Hi, just to share my expereience and want some idea to enlight me.

I have T-Mobile G2 with a slightly loose hinge, from eBay. Then I punch a network unlock code BOOM the phone ask to reboot and once it reboot itself it can't connect to any network. It can detect SIM card fine, all SIM card can be detct. But none can be connect.

How would this situation happen? even it's own T-Mobile SIM card is not working at all

Check your APN. Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

Guest bluemoko
Check your APN. Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

It's not about data connection. It is the cell network. I can't make a phone call and going for automcatic search just came up error right away.

Anyway i will stop my thread here and move on to the G2 section >.<

Edited by bluemoko

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tigasin ako
It's not about data connection. It is the cell network. I can't make a phone call and going for automcatic search just came up error right away.

Anyway i will stop my thread here and move on to the G2 section >.<

I'm also experiencing this problem, if any can provide a solution about this.. i would really appreciate it.

Guest kitchee
I'm also experiencing this problem, if any can provide a solution about this.. i would really appreciate it.

I encountered the same problem... I am still trying to find the solution from google...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mizifih

Same thing happened to me. I mean, to my phone. If I search for a network, I get a error message. Tried with T-Mobile SIM card (US), Claro SIM Card (Brazil), TIM SIM Card (Brazil) and BrasilTelecom SIM Card (Brazil). Nothing happens at all, the network signal meter shows a X over the bars, like if there's no signal, no network available.

I can't even register APNs on the phone, it rejects the new one after saving it. I mean, I enter all the data but when I come back to check there's no APN registered on the phone.

When I try to use that Wireless Call, a T-Mobile app, it says the SIM is invalid, so I guess that all SIMs are being rejected by the phone, all the SIMs are "invalid".

Hope you genius can help us out here. It's not nice to have a phone but use this nice piece of hardware as a *%&#*'n iPod Touch. That's just breaking my heart (also my pocket's heart)

• 2 weeks later...

Similar problem:

I have a sim-lock free Desire Z (not unlocked by me, but bought simlock free out of the box).

Every now and then, it will lose signal. I will get the "emergency calls only" message in the notification bar.

Sometimes a restart helps. sometimes it doesnt.

Seems a firmware bug thing to me.

Same thing happened to me. I mean, to my phone. If I search for a network, I get a error message. Tried with T-Mobile SIM card (US), Claro SIM Card (Brazil), TIM SIM Card (Brazil) and BrasilTelecom SIM Card (Brazil). Nothing happens at all, the network signal meter shows a X over the bars, like if there's no signal, no network available.

I can't even register APNs on the phone, it rejects the new one after saving it. I mean, I enter all the data but when I come back to check there's no APN registered on the phone.

When I try to use that Wireless Call, a T-Mobile app, it says the SIM is invalid, so I guess that all SIMs are being rejected by the phone, all the SIMs are "invalid".

Hope you genius can help us out here. It's not nice to have a phone but use this nice piece of hardware as a *%&#*'n iPod Touch. That's just breaking my heart (also my pocket's heart)