19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RicardoC

I used this app successfully before the MyTouch 4G was upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.4. Now when I try to root, it just hangs on the black screen attempting temp root now or if I attempt to temp root after reboot. I am positive USB debugging is enabled. As I said, it worked beautifully when the My Touch 4G was on Froyo. Do you have any idea what the problem is or are you working on a new version?

Hello,

as I know it work only with Android <= 2.2, for Gingerbread you need a Custom Rom with root or you should try something like SuperOneClick.

I also like to update my DHD since over a half year to 2.2.3 via OTA, but I have fear to loose my lovely root.

Please give me feedback, if you try it via SuperOneClick.

regards

Ricardo

Guest JayBee64

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately SuperOneClick did not work. The only thing I can think of doing now is to use the downgrade method http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1178912 or wait until a fix is found for 2.3.4. The phone is not that bad, I wanted to root to use Titanium Backup, remove some crappie apps that I will never use and to overclock and give Sense 3.0 a try. If anyone has been able to root an HTC Glacier after the OTA update to 2.3.4 please let us know.

Hello,

as I know it work only with Android <= 2.2, for Gingerbread you need a Custom Rom with root or you should try something like SuperOneClick.

I also like to update my DHD since over a half year to 2.2.3 via OTA, but I have fear to loose my lovely root.

Please give me feedback, if you try it via SuperOneClick.

regards

Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...