Volume buttons

Guest con500

Has anyone experienced an issue with the volume buttons? Volume Up seems ok but Volume Down has just stopped working. The phone has not been dropped or knocked so im at a loss as to whats up :)

Seems the more i fiddle on the rocker there are random clicks that register and for a second it works but as i say it is random as mst times the down button is just unresponsive...

Dont know much about Orange but would this qualify as faulty (clearly is) and grounds for an xchange? Had the phone over two weeks now

Also rooted the phone with custom rom/clockwork recovery etc...So would i need to install Pauls stock orange rom if the phone needs to be exchanged?

Thanks

Would a factory reset take me back to stock orange rom or would i need to flash??

Edited by con500

Guest jdtanner
Has anyone experienced an issue with the volume buttons? Volume Up seems ok but Volume Down has just stopped working. The phone has not been dropped or knocked so im at a loss as to whats up :)

Seems the more i fiddle on the rocker there are random clicks that register and for a second it works but as i say it is random as mst times the down button is just unresponsive...

Dont know much about Orange but would this qualify as faulty (clearly is) and grounds for an xchange? Had the phone over two weeks now

Also rooted the phone with custom rom/clockwork recovery etc...So would i need to install Pauls stock orange rom if the phone needs to be exchanged?

Thanks

I'd give them a call and ask for it to be replaced. I believe that the number for refunds (who can put you through to replacements if needed) is 0800 079 0103; it took about 20 minutes to get that number out of their call centre! My first one had a problem with the audio jack and interference, and the one I've now got has a bit of a dodgy volume rocker. I'm hoping that when somebody releases a gel skin for the phone it will sort out that issue.

John

Edited by jdtanner

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jdtanner

My second SF is going back tomorrow with a broken volume rocker (see above), but I'm still getting a replacement as I love the geekiness of Android :)

John

Guest blauwal26

My volume down button is making some weird noises and it takes quite some strength to actually press it down so I guess that's a common problem, non-existent quality control maybe.