Finally messed up

Guest con500

Ok so last night i managed to root and install r3 with clockwork recovery, all went well thanks to everyone here.....Today i notice my volume down button is knackered and wasnt responding to presses.

I wanted to go back to stock orange rom (to return the faulty phone to orange)

Downloaded pauls 'blade-boot+recovery zip' for use with fastboot... placed it in SD Card root.... re-named the file (mcri-system.tar.gz) I then followed some instructions to reboot the phone which i have done, But now im stuck on the little Android fella.

im going round in circles here and TBH my head is jus getting a bit wasted trying to figure out what to do next. Think i got cocky after last nights rooting etc, went without hitch

but is come back to bite me now :)

Ironically i cant use 'clockwork recovery' since my volume down isnt working

Please guys id be so greatfull for any assistance here, if anyone has any idea what i should try next. I have searched through the forum and while iv seen similar issues, the reading of multiple solutions , which are a great help, but tbh has left me more confused

Thanks

Edited by con500

Guest StevenHarperUK

Your main problem is that to return to stock you MUST have both the boot and the recovery ROM

Did you know that there is a MARKET place app to boot to recovery THIS is what you want to do.

Its FREE in the market and its called QUICK BOOT

Use this app to choose how to boot up:

Then just follow the normal instructions to Standard ROM the phone

Steve

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Panic Over :) Thanks for the advice guys Hillmie87 I was thinking of trying exactly that if all else failed! Never to shy to chance my arm lol

Steve Ye thats what was p***** me off, I had already installed 'Quick Boot' but couldnt get passed the android screen :) Completly agree with you tho it is a great tool to have

Anyway i dont have a clue whats up with my volume- rocker but for what ever reason after numerous attempts at trying to enter to the recovery mod the power + volume down sequence kicked in and allowed me to access the recovery menu :) From here i was able to re-install the r3 And all flashed without hitch....Phew!

Getting the Stock rom on was a much easier process this time by using the Quick Boot>Recovery>install stock,rom from sd. Again went without hitch.

Again Thanks Steve For your earlier post with the 3 stage step by step, Combined with all Of Pauls great work here has made my initial attempt at Root/Rom less daunting

Cheers

ps. A huge thanks for the Clockwork Recovery Mod found here. It realy is just awesome to install/revert back custom roms in this simplified way...assuming you have functional volume buttons or quick boot or similar. (Was tearing me hair out earlier). My volume down worked one time and got me where i wanted to be but strangely has not worked since lol

Edited by con500