19 Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Hello,

I have been using VISIONary+ for quite a while now. Just been using Temproot and suddenly today turning on my phone after it had turned it self off cause of low battery it will not Temproot it appears to work but when I go to an app like SetCPU it informs me that "Root Access Not Detected".

I have installed the latest version of VISIONary+ to see if that would fix it with no luck also tried restarting the phone.

Any one any ideas on what's happened? The only thing I really use root for is to underclock my DHD to 768MHz and Titanium Back up.

Cheers Ben

**UPDATE**

After messing around with my phone for a bit I think turning USB Debugging off then restarting phone turning USB Debugging back on then running VISIONary worked, I have also now permrooted :P

Edited by hiben1

Good Morning, installed r14 on my Desire HD and ran Temproot, appear to work okay (although not sure how to check)

Is it advisable to now reboot (which will lose the root) and then run Permaroot to should I just

run this option?

I also have Rom Manager Premium (v2.5.0.7) installed so should I install Clockwork Mod Recovery through here or

uses Pauls tutorial instead to install v 2.5.1.2 r1 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD

Thanks in advance

I have installed Visionary without issues and my phone is perm rooted and working great, thanks for the release!

However I am having a problem with ClockworkMod Recovery which I have installed via Rom Manager. Every time I attempt to restart into Recovery mode, I get the Standard recovery options with an error at the bottom saying "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command". Is this likely to be related to the way the phone is rooted or the clockwork mod itself?

EDIT: From doing some further reading I think the problem is related to not having S-OFF. Can I do this through visionary or do I need to do shell commands?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Nizmox

Can I ask what the optional settings are for?

Run visionary.sh after root - default is to not do this.

Set system r/w after root - default is r/o after root.

What do they do exactly and what circumstances would see me needing the change from the defaults assuming I'm looking for a perm root? Also is the RATC process which is eating all my battery when the phone is on standby related to Visionary?

Edited by Daz555

Guest delevic

I install visionary+ on my Htc desire hd. I started temporary root , and everything was ok. But , After I was restarted phone, temproot didn't work again. Any Idea?

Guest muhammado

Can anyone confirm that the 'permaroot' works on the Desire HD? I've read on this forum and others about temporarily rooting the device, then editing some file, then opening some program to push files onto the phone and blah blah blah to obtain permanent root. Does the visionary r14 release permanently root the HD with just one click without having to do all that other stuff?

I install visionary+ on my Htc desire hd. I started temporary root , and everything was ok. But , After I was restarted phone, temproot didn't work again. Any Idea?

You might wanna try unchecking the 'fast boot' option in Settings > Applications

Edited by muhammado

Guest Eddie1506

Same thing now with me. Worked fine for the last month or so, and now it doesn't work :)

Unchecking fastboot is esentially the same as restarting the phone, so no help there.

• 2 weeks later...
Same thing now with me. Worked fine for the last month or so, and now it doesn't work :)

Unchecking fastboot is esentially the same as restarting the phone, so no help there.

Any news about this?

I am unsure if i should try TEMPROOT or if this maybe corrupts something for the next TEMPROOT

Guest Abdullu

Hello Paul,

could you explain how VISIONary works on the Desire HD? You are saying it uses the "rageagainstthecage" exploit, but I couldn't find any explanation for it on the Internet. As this tool tinkers with quite delicate stuff, it's fair to tell us users how it actually accomplishes what it is good for.

Thanks

Guest thfc5975

Have tried every single instruction to the letter regarding this so I can try and put on the 2.3 beta. I have been on this forum under a couple of different accounts now and every time I try and do something it plainly does not work correctly.

If anyone does question anything then they are greeted with a torrent of abuse. I understand Paul has a life to lead but surely there are people on here who can help people instead of laying into them verbally.

Guest MasterMakMan

Hey i tried installing the file using APK installer and the error: "There is a problem parsing the package comes up". can you tell me why this is happening?

thanks

Guest r_benamin

Hi paul

Will we get in r15 support for rooting roms.with new rom 1.72.

Pls tell us if it will be possible and when ?

In some days or weeks?

I bought a DHD yesterday with already 1.72. On it

Pls help.

Guest creek1098

Hi all,

;) Same problem for me after update rom sfr Android 2.2.1

:( I'm waiting visionary+ r15

Sorry for my bad english..

Guest KingOfKings

So, I originally temp, then permrooted my DHD (running stock 1.32.405.6 ROM) and all was fine and dandy. Then I decided that I wanted /system set as r/w, so went and unrooted and device rebooted as it said it would. Now, however, I can only temproot :( When I attempt permroot, screen goes black for a bit, buttons light up, reboot, no root. All this has been done with VISIONary+ r14.

Any ideas what's going on here, since I can't re-root? Tried uninstalling both VISIONary+ and SuperUser and reinstall it, but didn't help one bit.

Thanks in advance.

Don't expect an eta for a new version of Visionary. Someone has to find a new exploit first. Who knows how long or if it will happen.

Its very sad what Htc are doing to us. Makes me want to buy a Nexus S.

Guest r_benamin

no comments from paul?

... i know you have your private life, as we all have, BUT pls give us any comment.

will it work ever?

Hi all,

;) Same problem for me after update rom sfr Android 2.2.1

:( I'm waiting visionary+ r15

Sorry for my bad english..

Guest tuan_ok

;) yad !! Maybe I will sell, if not the root. waiting ........ + r15 , :( damn 1.72.405.3

@ Excuse my English

I want sale my desire hd if not root..and buy iPhone 5 ;)

Guest specialforce

Hi Paul,

I have updated my HTC DHD and lost the root which I have installed via visionary+, would there be a new version of visionary+ for the HTC DHD under 2.2.1 ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

For all of those who have updated their DHD to 2.2.1, well be aware that visionary+ r14 won't work and you have lost the root just as me, there is noneed to ask why it won't work, HTC has added a security into this latest update which block any rooted phone, we will have to wait for a release or an update of visionary+ or may be from someone else if our Paul is not replying to our questions, may be he is working already on a new version of visionary+ ??? who knows !! you just jave to be patient and wait, in the mean time enjoy your smart phone, you can still use it with it's multiple fonctions.

There you go and if any body has any news let everyone know, I am sure you will make a lot of people happy :( ;) ;) ;)

Edited by specialforce

Guest ein777er

Dear Paul!

After installing the newest OTA update to my DHD, I have the same problem with the root rights via visionary+:-(

Please let us know if it is possible for you to do an upgrade from visionary that will work under 2.2.1 on our HTC DHD.

Thanks in advance ....

ein777er