19 Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest soudara

hi

i have htc desire hd french sfr operator

visionary don't work if i click temproot , after animation visionary make just black screen and i can't click permroot if i reboot i cant click permroot because need temproot but temproot blackscreen lol

sorry for my english

i test with r12 and r14 same problem

version du noyau

2.6.32.21-g1e30168

htc-kernel@ and18-2 #1

fri dec 10 18:43:12 cst2010

numero logiciel

thank you

Guest firsthippy

I read about this not working with new OTA updates so thought I'd get smart and do it before installing the update. Unfortunately I didn't have much luck.

Post-OTA to I get black screen in Visionary+ r14 and system_server starts to use 70% of the CPU. Powering Off/On doesn't seem to work, I have to pull the battery to get it back to normal. It loses the lag but system_server is still running at high cpu.

Currently on 1.72.405.3

Edited by firsthippy

Guest Roeligan

Can confirm this, after OTA update VISIONary+ won't work (r14). Also when trying to run it, it cuases the device to slow down and even freeze.

Android: 2.2.1

Smallband: 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2

Build: 1.75.161.2 CL301245

Can this be fixed? Was planning on going with the CM ROM, but since I can't root :(

Guest easternwindddd

Dear Paul,

I'm also waiting for your Visionary+ version for HTC Desire HD Android 2.2.1

Thanx in advance

Can confirm this, after OTA update VISIONary+ won't work (r14). Also when trying to run it, it cuases the device to slow down and even freeze.

Android: 2.2.1

Smallband: 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2

Build: 1.75.161.2 CL301245

Can this be fixed? Was planning on going with the CM ROM, but since I can't root :(

Guest GeoTrail

How long does the rooting process take?

I've run it on my DHD, and it has restarted and now it is lagging like crazy. Like crazy glue. I haven't gotten any message saying it has been rooted, and there is now SuperUser app installed. Any clues?

Btw, I just tapped the Temp Root Now button.

Guest beaverHausen
How long does the rooting process take?

I've run it on my DHD, and it has restarted and now it is lagging like crazy. Like crazy glue. I haven't gotten any message saying it has been rooted, and there is now SuperUser app installed. Any clues?

Btw, I just tapped the Temp Root Now button.

You have probably (like myself and others) installed the latest OTA update which renders V14 useless.

The way I check for root is to download terminal emulator, run it and type su then enter. If it say permission denied you do not have root.

Guest romrich
hi

i have htc desire hd french sfr operator

visionary don't work if i click temproot , after animation visionary make just black screen and i can't click permroot if i reboot i cant click permroot because need temproot but temproot blackscreen lol

sorry for my english

i test with r12 and r14 same problem

version du noyau

2.6.32.21-g1e30168

htc-kernel@ and18-2 #1

fri dec 10 18:43:12 cst2010

numero logiciel

thank you

Ok, same here, lagging after OTA since Visionary + r14 is unable to root.

What i did to remove the lag remove data for visionary + in the parameters of the phone, reboot by removing the battery. In this way, Visionary + is not starting at reboot and therefore, no lag. Will wait next release of the fabulous piece of software.

If help need (log or test, I can do it)

Guest GeoTrail
You have probably (like myself and others) installed the latest OTA update which renders V14 useless.

The way I check for root is to download terminal emulator, run it and type su then enter. If it say permission denied you do not have root.

Yeah, I installed the latest OTA a few days ago.

Hope there will be an update to VISIONary soon.

Guest Ricocchet
Me too :(

Please include me in that as well ;)

I was looking forward to rooting and S-OFFing, went ahead tho without doing research and now have T-Mobile 1.75 Firmware! Oops ;)

You guys badgering and hassling Paul, just chill out, have you thought maybe there is no information regarding this, hence he hasnt replied.

Give him time on this guys and gals ;)

Edited by Ricocchet

Guest Krakout
Same Problem with me Paul please help. :(

Guys,

I got my DHD last Saturday; updated OTA; cannot root. What a bummer!

But, don't you think that Paul may be on a Xmas vacation or something? I think that just reporting that "it doesn't work with latest s/w release" and begging for an update is really not necessary - everybody knows that by now. So let Paul work his way through it - when and if.

Just my €0.02...

PS OMG! I realised, from my profile data, that I had registered here when I had my Qtek 8080....!!! ;)

post-130398-1293699829_thumb.jpg

Edited by Krakout

Guest Naveed Lari
Guys,

I got my DHD last Saturday; updated OTA; cannot root. What a bummer!

But, don't you think that Paul may be on a Xmas vacation or something? I think that just reporting that "it doesn't work with latest s/w release" and begging for an update is really not necessary - everybody knows that by now. So let Paul work his way through it - when and if.

Just my €0.02...

you r rite krakout - Paul take your time.

Guest MrLowHoe

I basically need to acheive S-OFF my Desire HD was updated with the recent OTA update too sadly :( ;) ;).

Am I right in thinking that using this to get permaroot, to then be able to flash the Clockworkmod recovery and then install the lovely Modaco rom, is the only method?

(Hope I worded that right)

Guest Vinnie82

Any update on when we can see an update for the latest release of the htc update. I'm dying without my temproot... Plus I would like to permaroot my device so I can install a custom ROM

Any update on when we can see an update for the latest release of the htc update. I'm dying without my temproot... Plus I would like to permaroot my device so I can install a custom ROM

It's not easy, apparently HTC closed the loophole rather thoroughly this time round, until there s a new one be found it's not gonna work.

And given the structurer change I won't be surprise if temp root is more difficult to achieve than before. Downgrade seems the most viable route

I have tried the

r14 Visionary on

HTC Desire Z Froyo 2.2.1

Kernel 2.6.32.21-g540976a htc-kernel@and18-2 # 1 Dec 1 13:30

Build 1.72.405.2 CL296256 release-keys

Baseband 12.28e.60.140fU_26.04.02.17_M2

Since I could'n find the stock ROM I didn't want to perm root.

The app GUI hangs on temp root attempt and does nothing else but blocking the display.

I rebooted via adb shell.

If someone are interested I can post the logcat output while starting and stopping the app.

I hope this will help the further development.

cheers