19 Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Vinnie82
It's not easy, apparently HTC closed the loophole rather thoroughly this time round, until there s a new one be found it's not gonna work.

And given the structurer change I won't be surprise if temp root is more difficult to achieve than before. Downgrade seems the most viable route

Know where I can find a stock ROM. And I am new to the android system... Who new iPhone unlocking was much easier...lol

Guest MaximilianPs
It's not easy, apparently HTC closed the loophole rather thoroughly this time round, until there s a new one be found it's not gonna work.

And given the structurer change I won't be surprise if temp root is more difficult to achieve than before. Downgrade seems the most viable route

i've tryed to downgrade to 1.32.405.6 but the RUU software didn't recognize the bootloader, so it's impossible to downgrade :unsure:

Guest IceMatrix
i've tryed to downgrade to 1.32.405.6 but the RUU software didn't recognize the bootloader, so it's impossible to downgrade :unsure:

Before install 1.72 you have do radio s-off because if is no, you can't downgrade B)

How can I downgrade to step before running the OTA (2.2.1) ???

Guest raydekok

can i root this HD?

Android 2.2.1

kernel 2.6.32.21-g3d0aaff

build 1.72.405.3 CL296490 release-keys

software nr 1.72.405.3

browserversie webkit 3.1

Guest IceMatrix
can i root this HD?

Android 2.2.1

kernel 2.6.32.21-g3d0aaff

build 1.72.405.3 CL296490 release-keys

software nr 1.72.405.3

browserversie webkit 3.1

No you can't must wait :unsure:

I bore me since days after the Update. I would have been previously known i would have not made. Is just as bad as the iPhone Unlock and Jailbreak.

Guest Scooby Doo Co.

Hello,

I can't download Visionary, why ?

I write the text and I do Enter but nothing download... !!!

Do you have a solution ?

Thank per advance

Bye

Guest wineguy13

Okya so i downloaded visionary, It initial would temp root and I could have superuser over rom manager and set cpu. While in temproot (I assumed) I tried to perm root, oviously did not work cause i could not flash a kernal for the 1.8 ghz overclock. So I went to the forums for hellp. The young man that had the kernal walked me thorough and even tried to root the phone via my laptop remotely. Still no go. Did system restore couple of times. So i went back and reloaded visionary and from that time have yet to get it to temp root much less perm root. Thanks for any help in this mattter. Also when i try to download from this forum ...download completes but on install get the error there is a proablem parsing the package.

Edited by Paul

Guest MaximilianPs
R15 waiting too ...

from HERO to DESIRE HD ...

great phone but i feel like in jail ...

i think we should sell our phone and purchase something different :unsure:

Guest nEUTRon666

I can't understand all the whining and mentioning that you wait on a R15 release. All those guys which were able to flash a custom rom, should have been intelligent enough to not just flash an OTA Update, you all know that it's nearly every time the same a new release comes out, it's not rootable. All others should read the forum's and news if something like that happens, you were warned. I saw the OTA Update on my phone, did not flash it, went to the forums to have some information about it and then decided to do a radio S-OFF, rooted my phone, did a backup with titanium, unrooted and THEN flashed the new OTA because i wanted to try it. But i can go back everytime and root the phone again, flash a custom rom or whatever and you all could have done the same.

The only people which really have a reason to complain (not really) are the ones which bought a brand new phone and already had 1.72 on it.

And paul for sure is having an eye on this, but if there's no method to root 1.72 at the moment, then that's it. If you guys want to sell this great phone again because you can't root, well, go on ...

And for a future method to root 1.72 again, it's done, when it's done...

Edited by nEUTRon666

Guest quarintus

I don't understand why you are "whining" (using your words) about people that are just telling they would like root with the new update. You don't have to look into this thread if you do not need it. It actually is good to know there are people who would like a new version of visionary. What if noone would let know they wanted it?

There are people that started with flashing after doing the update, so they didn't know anything about it yet. There are people that jumped in first to let other people know what the consequences are for flashing the update. There are people with new phones. And there are people seemingly "not intelligent enough". (thanks for telling that :P )

Nevertheless, all of these people would like to root their phones. So what don't you get of people letting know they would like a way?

My compliments to you for getting your radio S-off. Now take that compliment and go post something constructive instead of destructive. I have seen no post that says: Paul why are you taking so long, I didn't see any whining yet.

Now on-topic:

I would also like to root my desire HD :D. Good luck with it, if you are busy trying to get the root acces.

Regards,

Q

I can't understand all the whining and mentioning that you wait on a R15 release. All those guys which were able to flash a custom rom, should have been intelligent enough to not just flash an OTA Update, you all know that it's nearly every time the same a new release comes out, it's not rootable. All others should read the forum's and news if something like that happens, you were warned. I saw the OTA Update on my phone, did not flash it, went to the forums to have some information about it and then decided to do a radio S-OFF, rooted my phone, did a backup with titanium, unrooted and THEN flashed the new OTA because i wanted to try it. But i can go back everytime and root the phone again, flash a custom rom or whatever and you all could have done the same.

The only people which really have a reason to complain (not really) are the ones which bought a brand new phone and already had 1.72 on it.

And paul for sure is having an eye on this, but if there's no method to root 1.72 at the moment, then that's it. If you guys want to sell this great phone again because you can't root, well, go on ...

And for a future method to root 1.72 again, it's done, when it's done...

Guest UGUR TOPRAK

Android Version 2.2.1

Software Number: 1.75.111.2

Is Android the most current version of this device? METHOD OF FINAL ROOT and this version is available?

Visionary R14 is not the solution. Can You Help Me?

Android Version 2.2.1

Software Number: 1.75.111.2

Is Android the most current version of this device? METHOD OF FINAL ROOT and this version is available?

Visionary R14 is not the solution. Can You Help Me?

Step 1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905003

Step 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905003

Step 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=885996