Swype on LG Optimus Gt540

Guest RAT-BoyZ

Guest RAT-BoyZ
bad video quality

Yes,video with nokia

how can i install swype? or how can i install any other keyboard like HTC ?

tomorrow i can upload this file. only running the apk and setting in your phone.

• 2 months later...
Guest max-greece
I installed Swype a few days ago. Simply sign up here: http://beta.swype.com/

You get a confirmation mail, and after you confirmed your mail address, youll get a download link that lets you download the swype installer.

Me too - works fine. Much faster than any other keyboard option I have come across thus far - and I have tried a lot.

Guest AerospaceMango
Me too - works fine. Much faster than any other keyboard option I have come across thus far - and I have tried a lot.

It is a HUGE download tho....

Around 30-35meg is needed to take the installer pack and the apk. I have seen that Swype will be trying to get this down to as low as possible.

I really enjoy using it, and think it makes texting or writing a message to twitter/FB really easy.

Angry Birds had to take a dive for me to have enough space to install!!

Guest AssistiveTech

Around 30-35meg is needed to take the installer pack and the apk. I have seen that Swype will be trying to get this down to as low as possible.

I really enjoy using it, and think it makes texting or writing a message to twitter/FB really easy.

When installing, as long as you are only going to use English and / or Spanish you can choose that option which is only about a fifth of the size. Angry Birds and Swype can then co-exist happily!

Guest max-greece

Good grief I don't think its as big as that. I thought it was around 10 Mb but to be honest I didn't pay too much attention as I am using app2sd with around 700 Mb free.

I'd say if you are relying on the internal memory of the 540 it would be a no go in that case.

Personaly... I found that HTC IME mod is best for precision (without using prediction). You must download and install Low resolution version for Android 1.6 and up version for our phone to work fine. You can also calibrate your onscreen keyboard from within settings. :(

Edited by Djolle