Archos 501582 70 Internet Tablet

Guest sharaf

Hi All,

I am planning on pre-ordering the above device but I just need to decide fully before going ahead. Seeing as this is 7" is what is making me want to go for this against the Advent VEga... (I love the specs) but I am just concerned about the 10" size, from what I ve read online, could be tiring after a while holding in one hand and typing on the other hand.

The 10inch version of this is out of the question due to size as well...... I just hope this will be getting gingerbread as well in the future but I might as well just sell it off, if something better comes along.

Is there any other device currently in the market or coming soon that I might be missing?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my Archos 5 days ago and So far I am loving it. Below are Screen shot of My home screens Using Launcher Pro...

Any Questions Please Fire away...

Screen 2

fb-20101104-232531.png

Screen 1

fb-20101104-232538.png?t=1288914062

Screen 3

fb-20101104-232544.png?t=1288914184

Guest BigguyUK
Finally got my Archos 5 days ago and So far I am loving it. Below are Screen shot of My home screens Using Launcher Pro...

Any Questions Please Fire away...

Screen 2

fb-20101104-232531.png

Screen 1

fb-20101104-232538.png?t=1288914062

Screen 3

fb-20101104-232544.png?t=1288914184

hi there

do you have any problems with this ?

Guest sleaztek

i just ordered my archos....i got the 101 tho....r u having any problams with it????are all the apps from the google market place work???dose it do sype with video chet????

please lat me know...

thanks.

Guest Popple3

I'm interested in getting the Archos 70, but I'm a bit concerned about the DPI. 800x480 seems too low for a 7" screen to me, especially considering my Desire has the same res on a 3.7" screen.

Would anyone who has used one recommend it?

i just ordered my archos....i got the 101 tho....r u having any problams with it????are all the apps from the google market place work???dose it do sype with video chet????

please lat me know...

thanks.

All the marketplace has been working so far, except that Video chat doesnt seem to be working with Skype.

I'm interested in getting the Archos 70, but I'm a bit concerned about the DPI. 800x480 seems too low for a 7" screen to me, especially considering my Desire has the same res on a 3.7" screen.

Would anyone who has used one recommend it?

Its perfectly okay for me I guess, I have currently have a desire too which I tether to the Archos and the internet speed is actually faster than when am browsing on the Desire...back to the Screen resolution thing its really very nice.

Guest Popple3
Its perfectly okay for me I guess, I have currently have a desire too which I tether to the Archos and the internet speed is actually faster than when am browsing on the Desire...back to the Screen resolution thing its really very nice.

Actually, I just realized it's a higher DPI than my MacBook

Guest niko1986

Is the Archos 101 out yet? Also I've seen that the RRP in USD comes to approx £200 which adding on UK rip off markup probably will bring it closer to £300.

Also when talking about the archos 7 is that the home or internet model? And is there any real differences between these?

Guest DougEdey

I just ordered the 101 8GB from the US (Paid extra for the faster shipping) by the looks of it this could be the proper iPad killer for Android since the Galaxy tab just costs far too much.

Archos should team up with LauncherPro to give that with every tablet since it looks awesome!

Is the Archos 101 out yet? Also I've seen that the RRP in USD comes to approx £200 which adding on UK rip off markup probably will bring it closer to £300.

It's started orders from Archos (all sold out this morning) Amazon has it as 4-6 weeks delivery. In my experience UPS will probably charge you 50GBP all in, because you're a private customer you shouldn't get hit with a payment handling fee (Royal Mail need to take note)

Also when talking about the archos 7 is that the home or internet model? And is there any real differences between these?

I prefer to call the Internet Tablet Archos 70 as thats the way its written. There are loads of Differences amongs which is the Capacitive screen on the internet one and Resistive on the Home tab.... See below for more...

faster processor..

has froyo...(shortly)

thinner.. (10mm for 8GB 14 for 250GB)

3D OpenGL 2.0 3D Games

blue tooth, £G tethering

300gms

camera,

HDMI out,

Android on TV

UPnP & SAMBA Shared folders

the list is long...

Guest Paulo Nobrega

I'm waiting for an Archos 101 also... They told me they are expecting stock in 30/11/2010.

Since i'm basically using it for mutimedia (I already have a Desire for gps and internet, tho i expect to tether to archos) i choose to buy 101 insted of the archos 70.

I loved the specs from advent vega tablet, but i dont see me getting one soon... Don't see it online for sale, ppl complaining of delays so...

hope i wont regret it B)

Lowest price i found was here:

http://www.pixmania.com/pt/pt/7533023/art/...-archos-10.html

same as amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCHOS-10-1-16-Int...4380&sr=8-3

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest Amdathlonuk

I got my Archos 101 on Monday just gone.

It was up for sale by Monday PM.

Seriously, don't expect it to be an ipad killer, FAR from it....

I was very dissapointed with it all in tbh.

Poor screen resolution

only shipped with 2.1 but advert and invoice state 2.2

very slow

screen not very responsive

and only 200Mb of internal memory to load apps

my advice - wait 6 months then there should be a decent android pad out there.

Edited by Amdathlonuk

Guest Paulo Nobrega
I got my Archos 101 on Monday just gone.

It was up for sale by Monday PM.

Seriously, don't expect it to be an ipad killer, FAR from it....

I was very dissapointed with it all in tbh.

Poor screen resolution

very slow

my advice - wait 6 months then there should be a decent android pad out there.

is it that bad????

I was hoping to get myself one now, but Avent Vegas i think i cant buy one... this one seemed so good for 350bucks

is it that bad????

I was hoping to get myself one now, but Avent Vegas i think i cant buy one... this one seemed so good for 350bucks

Paulo, eu também ando indeciso entre o Archos e o Advent mas onde podes comprar o Advent?

I have serious doubts if I buy the Archos 70 or Advent table:

- Archos 70 has only 256Mb RAM + 720p HD video and costs 225€ here

- Advent (and all Tegra 2 tablets) has 512Mb RAM + 1080p HD video but rather big (10") but for around 300€ (I only see it selling in the UK...)

Anyone care to help me to choose?

Guest niko1986
Poor screen resolution

very slow

Shame, was pretty excited about this pad B)

Guest Amdathlonuk
Shame, was pretty excited about this pad B)

And I, I had it only pre-order for a few weeks and was desperate to get my hands on it.

I was thoroughly disappointed and I think if everyone took an unbiaised opinion on it (rather than trying to convince themselves it was worth the £300 they spent) it is really poor.

Not what I expected after all the hype, you're better off buying a cheap China one and then waiting for the real stuff to come out.

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Paulo, eu também ando indeciso entre o Archos e o Advent mas onde podes comprar o Advent?

I

Pois. O problema é esse. Não vejo maneira de arranjar um advent para Portugal.

Well, that's the problem. I can't seem to find a way to buy an advent and send it to Portugal.

I was pretty excited about getting that archos. If u say its disappointing I'll have to think again. I already had decided to get a 10 inch instead of 7, but I'm not seeing many options at the market now.

That just made me comeback to point of start.

I read that on expansys there is tablet, POV, that looks like from the same oem manufacturer than the advent vega. Still, its 7' and not 10.

Damn. Was really into that archos 101. Damn asus is taking to long to give us one :-(

Guest Carbonize

Got my Archos 70 on Friday and am happy with it so far. It's still running Android 2.1 but Archos says the 2.2 update will be out this month. Mainly went with the Archos for the uPNP support as well as the wide range of video codecs preinstalled. Screen has been very responsive so far. Not tried anything OTT yet like a different launcher or side loading apps as am waiting for the Froyo update first.

Guest martin1718
Got my Archos 70 on Friday and am happy with it so far. It's still running Android 2.1 but Archos says the 2.2 update will be out this month. Mainly went with the Archos for the uPNP support as well as the wide range of video codecs preinstalled. Screen has been very responsive so far. Not tried anything OTT yet like a different launcher or side loading apps as am waiting for the Froyo update first.

Has anyone got a list of Apps that are available when you click on Archos's Appslib?

Please post on here if you have.

thanks,

martin