MCR r23 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest tropmonky
Installed, seems to work fine so far. Pity that it took so long for such a minor update.

+1

Now that the G2 and other high powered phones are out I feel like my 10month old Nexus one is going to get left in the dust. I just don't want to purchase (I bought my N1 outright) another phone until there is a decent jump in difference. A Front facing camera, higher main camera and better screen and slightly faster CPU/GPU is what I need in order to plop down more $ for a new phone.

The WP7 stuff looks cool, however they have a LOT of catching up to do. Kinda like when PALM came out with the PRE. The PRE failed because of three main reasons.

1. Lack of developers = lack of apps = lack of uses for a smartphone

2. Lack of horsepower for such a cool multitasking OS

3. Locked down to a single carrier that isn't #1 or #2 in size. (in the USA).

Thanks for the update Paul! Now I won't get the nagging screen once in a while after I reboot.

is it me, or does it seem like android's speed degrades over time?

Guest SurfHost
Any chance of getting battery percent as an option in the kitchen? :P

Would love this too. :D

Thanks for the great work Paul!

Edited by SurfHost

The pre-installed Adobe Flash Player cannot be used

I have to remove it by root explorer and install it from the market

I think it is better not to include it in the rom (or it is just a mistake?)

Thanks Paul

Guest Nico 38

Installed but cannot download anything from the market and lost all widget.

So I did a full wipe, and problem is still there: no dl from the market for all my apps backuped with tytanium and cannot download anything new ...

Going back to a stock release.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for asking ;-)

Modified kernel with FM radio (with HTC application)

WiFi thetering working

battery percent in the status bar

That would be great.

Thanks

Seb

Is this kitchen broken at the moment?

I've tried this kitchen a couple of times but the generated ROM seems to be r21 (2.2, FRF91) not r23, and I notice the kitchen still says it has "generated 0 ROMs"

Guest jyang2004

I've tried this kitchen a couple of times but the generated ROM seems to be r21 (2.2, FRF91) not r23, and I notice the kitchen still says it has "generated 0 ROMs"

same here

Guest smith151

1. I tried to add custom zip with my apps that was in /data/app and /system/app but successfully installed /system/app/Quickboot.apk ("Quick Boot") only. Moreover default wallpaper not applied in case of custom zip.

2. clean MCR (without custom zip) contains all selected apps but some of them was not installing: ASE + Scripts, Development Tools, Spare Parts, Titanium Backup. update-script does not contains "copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:" string.

Edited by smith151

Guest crawler9
The pre-installed Adobe Flash Player cannot be used

I have to remove it by root explorer and install it from the market

I think it is better not to include it in the rom (or it is just a mistake?)

Thanks Paul

Same here.

I downloaded this ROM last night. So far, no issues in actual usability apart from the Adobe Flash Player issue, which is easily remedied. Something else I experienced: I selected to bake Titanium Backup and Spare parts into my ROM, and upon checking the extracted MCR23rom/data/app folder, i see "com.androidapps.spare_parts.apk" and com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup.apk". Neither app shows up in the ROM once I've installed though.I thought I had downloaded this a few days earlier... my file says r23 but I checked the build in the phone's About menu, and learned I was using r21. Now I'm actually on r23.