Restoring [just] stock recovery

Guest rowanparker

Guest rowanparker

Hello,

I had originally rooted using the r4 method ages ago. My phone had started being odd so I RUU'd, let orange do its upgrade (proper orange radio which now seems a lot better). Rooted again using unrevoked. Everything went fine. Just one little niggle, I would prefer to have stock recovery (I can still use clockwork by the update.zip) if I ever needed to return the phone (I know a RUU will put stock recovery back on but I would rather send it back with an orange rom on which I can do providing I am rooted first). So essentially, I want stock recovery (unless that orange's OTA update would flash recovery?). I've tried using erase_image and flash_image both of which fail. I keep reading about fastboot but I can't find any way to use it (not in the sdk-tools folder?). I also don't know if I'm trying with a proper recovery image. I'm using one I got from an old nandroid backup, would this work? If not, anyone have a stock recovery image? I'm sorry if this made no sense whatsoever, I'm not very good at explaining things sometimes :P

Thank you very much, Rowan.

Guest StuMcBill

I don't think this is possible at the moment.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to go back to the stock recovery? Whats wrong with Amon_Ra or Clockwork?

Guest rowanparker
I don't think this is possible at the moment.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to go back to the stock recovery? Whats wrong with Amon_Ra or Clockwork?

Well, if I need to return the phone for whatever reason. I'd need stock recovery. Now if an OTA update flashes stock recovery then I'm fine. It's because I'm on orange and there's no RUU (only some guy's nandroid backup and the OTA update to unroot).